PDA

View Full Version : Infernal Dominion has ruined regular Dominion for me I think

DefiledDragon
08-19-2018, 02:23 AM
It's just so much more objective oriented thanks to the changes to boosting and no feats to wipe out a zone in one shot. When this event finishes, I'm going to really struggle to go back to regular Dominion.

I really hope we get to keep this mode or at least something very much like it.

ThePinkNanner
08-19-2018, 09:40 AM
Heavily agree, being forced to leave a point to heal up makes choices way more tactical and games are almost always very close. Maybe the ranked mode could use this if not the regular as I think it is more suited to teams but either way it would be nice to have

Invisih0le
08-19-2018, 10:42 AM
It is a horrible gamemode with randoms if nobody wants to sit on a point to balance out a camper and your team gets stuck in B fighting the odd turtle, while you get stormed on A by two others. Nobody in typical queue follows pings and I've even seen things like rushing the enemy's A point, while a strong duelist holds the close C point.

Point holding priority is not a gamemode that works with casuals. Higher levels maybe, but this is not what decides the playerbase in any game and is a common mistake to focus on the top-tier players in terms of balance.

Vakris_One
08-19-2018, 12:32 PM
It should be kept in as the ranked version of Dominion. Not only is it a more competitive mode than regular Dom - if they get rid of the attack buff and just limit it to immunity from fire damage and speed buff. But it will also attract a lot more people to play ranked Dominion because the mode is different and a nice change from regular Dominion.

The_B0G_
08-19-2018, 01:47 PM
I find it encourages deathballing, I'll take old Dom any day over fire dom and powerups in Dominion... ewe. Thats part of the reason why skirmish and elim are dead.

beerbariandh
08-19-2018, 04:25 PM
I still think my favorite form of dominion was realistic dominion, which this one is a lot like but with fire. but with realistic dominion you had no feats, no guard stance, just fighting. with actual skill, that was for me by far the best match idea they have had.

IRostiI
08-19-2018, 07:18 PM
It is a horrible gamemode with randoms if nobody wants to sit on a point to balance out a camper and your team gets stuck in B fighting the odd turtle, while you get stormed on A by two others. Nobody in typical queue follows pings and I've even seen things like rushing the enemy's A point, while a strong duelist holds the close C point.

Point holding priority is not a gamemode that works with casuals. Higher levels maybe, but this is not what decides the playerbase in any game and is a common mistake to focus on the top-tier players in terms of balance.

Standard dominion it's terrible too with randoms if nobody try to group and just go one by one against 4 enemy, for example, and nobody follow ping in standard dominion too.

Point holding is what dominion has to bee since the beginning, but actually it's just a skirmish because a very bad design that infernal dominion fixed a bit.

There was a tons of modality for people that just wanted to fight, like skirmish and deathmatch.

No equip stats that are a mess for balance, no stupid feats and less cancerous mode in general.
Other positive thing is that without equip stats, try new heroes is less frustrating, and it's less frustrating for new player.

I tried standard dominion after these days of infernal and i want to cry.

DefiledDragon
08-19-2018, 07:27 PM
It should be kept in as the ranked version of Dominion. Not only is it a more competitive mode than regular Dom - if they get rid of the attack buff and just limit it to immunity from fire damage and speed buff. But it will also attract a lot more people to play ranked Dominion because the mode is different and a nice change from regular Dominion.

I agree 100%. It was a breath of fresh air and fired up my enthusiasm for playing again.

ArmoredChocobo
08-20-2018, 01:31 AM
Good god it was perfect. Boosting matters, B has a point and actually feels like a "front" cuz everyone has to go there to heal (and thus get into a fight), there's no "I hit 4 so I win" feats. I think it's the first time I ever played Dominion against Knight characters and not once heard a bomb or catapult.

I think the only downside is the powerups, leave that in skirmish.

Don't send me back, Ubi. I wanna stay here.

DefiledDragon
08-20-2018, 02:34 AM
Good god it was perfect. Boosting matters, B has a point and actually feels like a "front" cuz everyone has to go there to heal (and thus get into a fight), there's no "I hit 4 so I win" feats. I think it's the first time I ever played Dominion against Knight characters and not once heard a bomb or catapult.

I think the only downside is the powerups, leave that in skirmish.

Don't send me back, Ubi. I wanna stay here.

The event has been restarted under a different premise for a further 4 days so fill yer boots while ye can :)

Helnekromancer
08-20-2018, 03:49 AM
It's going to suck going back to regular dominion, back to get bombed to death by Bombringers and always hearing Catapults go off. God I hate Knights, why did they have to get grenades off all things?

Rikuto01.tv
08-20-2018, 04:17 AM
I find it encourages deathballing, I'll take old Dom any day over fire dom and powerups in Dominion... ewe. Thats part of the reason why skirmish and elim are dead.

Can't deathball and boost at the same time. Deathballing loses the game by default. Very easily countered in infernal dominion.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
08-20-2018, 08:11 AM
I really like it to. Wanted more maps and my gear though cuz shug is out of breath to easily. Also it was nice to not have stamina drainers, bombed, and the worst Imo kens unblockable feat.

pimmas01
08-20-2018, 12:38 PM
can't say i enjoy the rings of fire, i keep losing half my health in 1on1's from the burns alone >< and i miss the gear 'cus it straightup fix stamina problems on a lot of chars.
and i've seen people stay alive forever by leeching off of mobs 'cus of the insane healthgain from them.

the lack of feats however is such a welcome change, i Love that they're gone. feats normally ruin Dominion matches, now we get to play them out fully instead of them ending in a barrage of cannonballs.
would be nice if they could tone them down by removing a lot of the "tier 4" feats and stuff like smokescreens, cents instastun that gives them a free pin, **** like that.

HazelrahFirefly
08-20-2018, 01:42 PM
Infernal Dominion is ace!

The only things I'd change are that if you are one of the two 1v1 fighting in a zone that the fire barrier doesn't hurt you. It should exist for those who enter, to deter ganking and allow actual fighting to occur. Instead of hitting the fire the 1v1 combatant that goes towards it should just go through, ending the arena state.

I actually don't like the minion healing. There should be NO way to heal outside of feats. I want to say that Feats should be kept out of regular Dominion but A, that's not going to happen lol, and B, reworked feats could be amazing. If they were all passive except for level 4, and that is where the healing feats were located, it would be amazing. Either pick between a damage feat or being able to heal.

Oh, and no stupid power up obviously.

HazelrahFirefly
08-20-2018, 01:43 PM
Also, I hope this atmosphere gets added into permanent rotation, even if only for these three maps. I mean, I doubt they'll have the volcano explode again, so just go ahead and keep the atmosphere around Ubi!

The_B0G_
08-20-2018, 02:19 PM
Can't deathball and boost at the same time. Deathballing loses the game by default. Very easily countered in infernal dominion.

You can have 3 people group while one boosts, point being, you can't help teammates who are being ganked without losing half of your health. No thanks, normal Dom please!