PDA

View Full Version : Digital Deluxe Edition from Steam

BlackWater821
05-13-2010, 10:29 AM
I pay $64.99 USD to download splinter cell conviction deluxe edition from steam yesterday and i'm damn disappointed now.. i tried no less than 50 times to click on exclusive content and hope to key in the deluxe code to get the bonus item but no luck.. what i get just a "splinter cell conviction server no available now". I tried it from morning till night time, and feel really tired of it that why i need help here. Even the free new Deniable Ops map "3rd Echelon" i also can't get from ubisoft. This is the first game i bought from ubisoft but the return is nothing, and the online multiplayer not working also. So what the point we purchase a legal copy that can't play with the full content? Anybody kind to leave some comment to provide a help???

BlackWater821
05-13-2010, 10:29 AM
I pay $64.99 USD to download splinter cell conviction deluxe edition from steam yesterday and i'm damn disappointed now.. i tried no less than 50 times to click on exclusive content and hope to key in the deluxe code to get the bonus item but no luck.. what i get just a "splinter cell conviction server no available now". I tried it from morning till night time, and feel really tired of it that why i need help here. Even the free new Deniable Ops map "3rd Echelon" i also can't get from ubisoft. This is the first game i bought from ubisoft but the return is nothing, and the online multiplayer not working also. So what the point we purchase a legal copy that can't play with the full content? Anybody kind to leave some comment to provide a help???

roelbartstra
05-13-2010, 10:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">splinter cell conviction server no available now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is something you get when you try to log in and it fails. When you try it 1 second later it will work 99.9% of the time. If it doesn't I don't know.

BlackWater821
05-13-2010, 11:20 AM
Try it for 1 sec later after fail? Need something like port forwarding or not? I already set steam and ubisoft in the exclusion list of my ESET NOD32 antivirus and also disable windows firewall to connect still no luck... i'm using windows 7 ultimate x64. Thanks for the fast reply.

BlackWater821
05-18-2010, 09:36 AM
I FINALLY FIGURE OUT HOW TO GETTING CONNECT TO UBISOFT SERVER TO REDEEM ITEM VIA EXCLUSIVE CONTENT !!!!!! SUCH A PAIN FOR PITY LEGITIMATE USER THAT MOST CANNOT GET A WAY TO REDEEM ITEM AS DESERVE !!!

(1)first you need to go C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc looking for a file name "hosts" or "myhosts.sam", making a backup then open it by notepad

(2)add new ip at end/bottom in your "hosts" file... example------&gt;

xxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx
XXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX
(space)
# Ubisoft
127.0.0.1 static3.cdn.ubi.com
127.0.0.1 ubisoft-orbit.s3.amazonaws.com
127.0.0.1 onlineconfigservice.ubi.com
127.0.0.1 ubisoft-orbit-savegames.s3.amazonaws.com
127.0.0.1 uat-onlineconfigservice.ubi.com
127.0.0.1 wsuplay.ubi.com
127.0.0.1 static8.cdn.ubi.com
#127.0.0.1 orbitservice.ubi.com
127.0.0.1 gconnect.ubi.com

(3)save and exit. don't modify your file type or your game won't start anymore. You need to change your "myhosts.sam" to "hosts" and you are good to go !!!

I GET TO REDEEM MY DELUXE EDITION BONUS ITEM AND GAME MODE, FREE DLC MAP VIA GAMESPOT, REDEEM REWARD FROM UPLAY !!! MULTIPLAYER NOT TESTING YET, IN GAME MENU UPLAY STILL CANNOT CONNECT BUT AT LEAST YOU CAN REDEEM IT THROUGH UPLAY WEBSITE, UPLAY WILL RECOGNIZE YOU GAME PROCESS NOW !!! IF SOME USER ENCOUNTER NOT STABLE CONNECTION OF UBISOFT MASTER SERVER (WILL EXIT FROM CURRENT GAME) YOU NEED TO RESTORE YOUR PREVIOUS "HOSTS" FILE TO C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc AND YOU"LL BE FINE !!!