SuguruMisato
08-18-2018, 09:56 PM
Period.

beerbariandh
08-18-2018, 10:20 PM
wont happen...period.

Alustar.
08-19-2018, 12:22 AM
Lol, matchmaking can't be your only crutch. Maybe try getting better? I've recently switched over to console, and the only times I really get players far outside my rep level is when I'm grouped with my higher rep friends. Otherwise it's right where it should be. I get matched against players around my rep level.

Devils-_-legacy
08-19-2018, 12:26 AM
Lol, matchmaking can't be your only crutch. Maybe try getting better? I've recently switched over to console, and the only times I really get players far outside my rep level is when I'm grouped with my higher rep friends. Otherwise it's right where it should be. I get matched against players around my rep level.

Your lucky Ive always been matched 100 -200 reps above

SuguruMisato
08-19-2018, 09:14 AM
Lol, matchmaking can't be your only crutch. Maybe try getting better?

Do you even think before you write? How can I get better against people with higher prestiges ganking on me in the game while my team is made of low level guys... I was parred with Dem some time ago. He ****ing pulverized our entire team himself. And the matchmaking said I was on similar skill level as him. IN WHICH ****ING REALITY?

Invisih0le
08-19-2018, 10:52 AM
The "get good" argument is the laziest brainfart that always gets me ticked off... People want to have fun, play casually and not have to face against others that play as if there's a reward. Casual play is always thrown down the drain despite making most of the player base and is often rather stuffed with tryhards that have no better goals in life.

A proper matchmaking system needs to address that and if you want to get better and dedicate more effort into the game - that is fine, but don't shove your ideals into others' experience.

Alustar.
08-19-2018, 03:23 PM
Do you even think before you write? How can I get better against people with higher prestiges ganking on me in the game while my team is made of low level guys... I was parred with Dem some time ago. He ****ing pulverized our entire team himself. And the matchmaking said I was on similar skill level as him. IN WHICH ****ING REALITY?

Lol, I love replies like these. "Reeeh! Do you even use brains, reeeh!" Dude, you missed the point. No one really gets better by losing constantly like that. When we say train and practice, we mean in controlled environments where you can study moves and adapt muscle memory. It's like none of you think you ever need any practice whatever. How do you think these top players got there? By f**king practicing their assess off.

That's not how matchmaking works, it puts you in a group that should have around the same relative rank/rep level and k/d I believe. If it says "on par with your enemies, that means you on par with the average of their group.

But that doesn't mean actual skill, as that's not a easily defined/quantified or labels.

The "get good" argument is the laziest brainfart that always gets me ticked off... People want to have fun, play casually and not have to face against others that play as if there's a reward. Casual play is always thrown down the drain despite making most of the player base and is often rather stuffed with tryhards that have no better goals in life.

A proper matchmaking system needs to address that and if you want to get better and dedicate more effort into the game - that is fine, but don't shove your ideals into others' experience.

Very rarely do people get everything they want. Casual play suffers more from the fact that there is no competitive game mode to satisfy the more hardcore players. No one's shoving ideals down anyone.

beerbariandh
08-19-2018, 04:20 PM
that's exactly what they do now though, I spoke to one yesterday and he said they friend request low level players and will join their party to sometimes "have fun." meaning just run through everyone who is lower levels. my biggest rep hero is 11 with overall rep 29. there was a hero rep 50 overall rep176.

RexXZ347
08-19-2018, 04:56 PM
For me i don't think much of matchmaking. What i hate the most is high or low rep players but with low IQ. For instance, there are these games where me and an ally is fighting against 2 enemy players. So it's a 2v2. Fair fight. Then my teammate is about to lose so he rolls away and goes to a point with another ally to 2v1 an enemy player. A moron teammates for leaving you to fight 2 enemies either ending up winning or dying from unblockable/bash spams of 2 characters.

SuguruMisato
08-20-2018, 11:20 AM
Lol, I love replies like these. "Reeeh! Do you even use brains, reeeh!" Dude, you missed the point. No one really gets better by losing constantly like that. When we say train and practice, we mean in controlled environments where you can study moves and adapt muscle memory. It's like none of you think you ever need any practice whatever. How do you think these top players got there? By f**king practicing their assess off.

Lol, I love replies like these. "Lol just practice". Yeah, by being constantly thrown into ppl with higher gear scores and longer play times, while constantly being ganked. YEAH ****ING GREAT PRACTICE ROUTINE THERE MATEY!

DefiledDragon
08-20-2018, 06:40 PM
Lol, I love replies like these. "Lol just practice". Yeah, by being constantly thrown into ppl with higher gear scores and longer play times, while constantly being ganked. YEAH ****ING GREAT PRACTICE ROUTINE THERE MATEY!

The game has a full training mode where you can select your opponent (and their skill level) and practice against them. You can set up your opponent to throw any of their mix-ups at you so you can practice how to deal with them, or you can just set it up to fight. You can turn health and stamina on or off so you don't have to worry about messing up and taking damage or running out of stamina. I think this is what Alustar is referring to.

SuguruMisato
08-27-2018, 04:51 PM
http://oi63.tinypic.com/r88jdk.jpg

Yeah, so this is what ON PAR WITH YOUR ENEMIES look like.

This is simply PATHETIC.

Siegfried-Z
08-27-2018, 11:42 PM
The Match Making is absolutly broken.
But this is not because of the opponents i get match with in my experience.
The problem, without looking arrogant, are my mates most of the time . It is like out both teams look "on par" but i am always alone beeing gank and despite of it i am 98% of times with a decent ratio at the end of the game.
My mates are often bad and even more frustrating than being bad (because now you can be bad while performing in Dom whith char like Warden or Conq) they are stupid ... most of them play as if their were no objectives to take control to and are going one by one To be kill in a contesting zone... that's incredible.

So i am at a point i am thinking the match making put me with weakier mates as it is balance with me but against 4 decent players... so that's a gank fest.

Be honest Dominion is close To unplayable right now .. broken match making, maps with holes and peaks everywhere, stupid feets, stupid rework (warden .....), bugs/latency, games with IA, Awfull revenge system .. infested by the same char almost at each single Dom..: Warden, Raider, Conq, LB, Shugo (because yes shugo is still a 4v4 beast) .. Well. . Please marching fire and arcade mode come fast !!

yfkutfui
08-27-2018, 11:52 PM
I love it when my rep 3 is considered on par with your enemies when my enemies are a collection of rep 50+ superstars, its good for my self esteem, until of course the game starts and that Rep 50 Lawbringer tells me that its time to put my gag ball in as I'm about to get well and truly fu%$ed!!!!!

Ozmoses_Nil
08-28-2018, 02:24 AM
Same and I play on PC.

Ozmoses_Nil
08-28-2018, 02:34 AM
http://oi63.tinypic.com/r88jdk.jpg

Yeah, so this is what ON PAR WITH YOUR ENEMIES look like.

This is simply PATHETIC.

This pic is very miss leading. Class Rep and overall are 2 different things.

Ozmoses_Nil
08-28-2018, 02:52 AM

Meh.... Gear has little effect. I've had moments I've destroyed higher reps and gear while getting out played by people who are lower.
In team matches some people are pro gankers and feat abusers. Others there will just flat out a bad match up for you. Then you have matches you go 3 v 1 and feel like a GOD.

You probably hate hearing it but just get good.

SuguruMisato
08-28-2018, 12:42 PM
This pic is very miss leading. Class Rep and overall are 2 different things.

So person that has rep 60 on 1 char is the same skill as me, playing Kensei just barely on 14 prestige. Yeah, there is no time difference in mastering these 2 characters, NONE AT ALL XD

You probably hate hearing it but just get good.

Ah, the usual stupid response assuming that the OP is a total ****** and plays For Honor on a steering wheel :) Just stop.

Armosias
08-28-2018, 12:56 PM
So person that has rep 60 on 1 char is the same skill as me, playing Kensei just barely on 14 prestige. Yeah, there is no time difference in mastering these 2 characters, NONE AT ALL XD

Ah, the usual stupid response assuming that the OP is a total ****** and plays For Honor on a steering wheel :) Just stop.
As long as you cannot pick before being matched your rep on an idividual hero won't matter.
EDIT: And even then the matchmaking MUST keep your overall skill as the major factor, overall rep or individual rep should never take over skill

SuguruMisato
08-28-2018, 03:25 PM
As long as you cannot pick before being matched your rep on an idividual hero won't matter.
EDIT: And even then the matchmaking MUST keep your overall skill as the major factor, overall rep or individual rep should never take over skill

And this is stupid. What if I decide to play with a new character then? I'm just ****ed...

Armosias
08-28-2018, 03:37 PM
And this is stupid. What if I decide to play with a new character then? I'm just ****ed...
You're not ****ed, I'm overall rep 40 and is now playing Valk and Warlord, both rep 1, hell I even play my rep 0 Shugoki sometimes and no I'm not ****ed by matchmaking at all.
If you're always facing players with much higher overall rep levels it may have 4 possible causes:
- Your region have a low playerbase
- There's not a lot of players at the moment you usually play FH
- You're really strong for your overall rep
- The players you encounter are very weak for their rep levels

In any of those cases the matchmaking is not responsible for the stomp you may or may not suffer. And my games are pretty much always balanced even when I play my low rep heroes as I almost never see players more than 20 reps above me

Ozmoses_Nil
08-28-2018, 11:53 PM

I'm rep 17 with 16 prestige Goki and fought a rep 123 / prestige 53 Kensai and dominated him most of the fight.
You just sound like a big baby that's upset he got his face pushed in and needs to get his skill up.

This game is easy. Get good/ get good/ get good.
It's a smart but simple repose but you're too dense to apply it.

Ozmoses_Nil
08-29-2018, 12:00 AM
I almost never see players more than 20 reps above me

Unless you play with high rep friends. But I think he's just not that good and NEEDS MORE PRACTICE.
But he's to dense for that. He should probably do only PVE.

Helnekromancer
08-29-2018, 01:26 AM
My only problem with matchmaking is the braindead players. Doesn't matter how "high rep" my teammates are none of them can hold their own for 2secs without dropping like a bag of wet mice.

It's like people are quick to give up and ragequit as soon as the person they are fighting gets back up.

"All those hours spent on ____, Rep 50+ on the guy and you still die in 3secs."

Breach and Arcade mode can't come fast enough.

SuguruMisato
08-31-2018, 11:25 PM
I'm rep 17 with 16 prestige Goki and fought a rep 123 / prestige 53 Kensai and dominated him most of the fight.
You just sound like a big baby that's upset he got his face pushed in and needs to get his skill up.

This game is easy. Get good/ get good/ get good.
It's a smart but simple repose but you're too dense to apply it.

You're too dense to understand that if I get ganked 4v1 EVERY ****ING GAME I WILL NOT LEARN ANYTHING. Do I have to spell the words for you? Jesus, why so many dumb people tell me to get good while it's not the ****ing point. Why there's so many dumb people here?

DefiledDragon
08-31-2018, 11:34 PM
You're too dense to understand that if I get ganked 4v1 EVERY ****ING GAME I WILL NOT LEARN ANYTHING. Do I have to spell the words for you? Jesus, why so many dumb people tell me to get good while it's not the ****ing point. Why there's so many dumb people here?

When I get ganked continually 4 v 1 I learn something. I learn to find another game or play something other than Dominion. Seriously, you're never going to improve by playing Dominion. In fact it will likely make you worse at 1 v 1's because you will always be either part of a gank or on the receiving end of one and as you correctly observe, that doesn't teach you anything. If you want to improve, practice in the arena or play duels or brawls.

Lord_Cherubi
09-01-2018, 12:01 AM

Here's my advice:

NEVER run around alone until your confident and experienced enough to handle yourself in 1vX situations. Because they will come, OFTEN. 1V2 is something you're going to face all the time and you need to eventually learn how to beat em or struggle long enough until backup arrives. If your teammates run head first to the objective all by themself, tag along and stay with them, no matter what. It might not help you win matches but it'll be easier to aknowledge the mistakes you make when you don't die in 3 seconds due to being ganged up on.

Awareness is also the key. Whether it's about being aware of gb attempts near a ledge or about incoming gank squads it don't matter, you have to stay alert at all times. You have a minimap and most of the time you can see the whole battlefield from one zone, easily spotting enemy movement. So if you're capturing a point all by yourself and know they like to gank, look out for them in advance and get ready to flee if there's no friendlies nearby. There's nothing more honourable than holding up multiple enemies alone but if no one's coming there's no point to stay and fight a fight you propably won't survive.

And lose the attitude if you want to improve in this game, the answers are right in front of you but you fail to see them behind your rage. I've been there and this is how i learned.