PDA

View Full Version : Centurion Buff

WalrusApproved
08-18-2018, 07:18 PM
I main this dude rep 39, there is one thing I would like to see in the future kind of because Warden recently got something similar with his shoulder bash.
Punch tracking..
Normal punch gets light like usual 15 dmg
Charged punch gets a knock down like usual 35 dmg
Difference is if you dodge early thinking it was a normal punch but it was charged he will track you and still punch you to the ground since it was charged.
Warden got a pretty similar thing with this shoulder bash but it nets more damage
Uncharged 2 side lights 12+6=18 dmg
Charged top heavy 40 dmg
Not looking to buff damage keep it the same on him but I think it would be an idea to think about.
Also the option to cancel it would be nice.

David_gorda
08-18-2018, 07:39 PM
Nah centurion needs more nerfs. His Been cancer since he arrived during season 2 and is the Main offender that People left this horrible balanced Game. Centurion is the most stupid thing the devs made sofar and they made alot Of stupid things. I hops you mods tell Roman this important message since he incompetent at Game development and should serve hamburgers or clean toilets and not develop games Thank you :)

WalrusApproved
08-18-2018, 08:07 PM
This post is to share discussion about my idea and possibly improve or deny it
Not to bash on the development team and call them "stupid" I'm actually sad to see this on my post.

David_gorda
08-18-2018, 08:10 PM
Not to bash on the development team and call them "stupid" I'm actually sad to see this on my post.
What do you expect when you ask for a buff for the most cancerous character in for honor history. A cookie??! If you asked for a complete rework and remove the stupid wallsplat and cutscene yeah but you failed hard.

WalrusApproved
08-18-2018, 08:18 PM
What do you expect when you ask for a buff for the most cancerous character in for honor history. A cookie??! If you asked for a complete rework and remove the stupid wallsplat and cutscene yeah but you failed hard.

Thank you for ruining my topic
This was to be an open minded discussion not to attack everyone that likes a character that you dont and has ideas for a character you dislike.
That is what I expected.
This was to be taken as an idea not to just thow it on him and yay buff.

Morpheus256
08-18-2018, 08:38 PM
Centurion isn't cancerous. He's (supposedly) strong vs noobs and absolutely horrific vs normal players. People that have problems with him are just that... noobs.

On-topic: That idea could be implemented but it would only achieve one thing: people will just roll away and you won't hit anyone. I honestly don't know what kind of buff they could give him other than more block damage on his heavies to force people to actually parry his heavies. If you don't parry his uncharged heavies he's got nothing to actually damage or pressure you.

Also: I hope the devs won't take Warden's SB as a standard and just implement more of that kind of thing. Warden is truly cancerous.

UbiJurassic
08-18-2018, 09:54 PM
I main this dude rep 39, there is one thing I would like to see in the future kind of because Warden recently got something similar with his shoulder bash.
Punch tracking..
Normal punch gets light like usual 15 dmg
Charged punch gets a knock down like usual 35 dmg
Difference is if you dodge early thinking it was a normal punch but it was charged he will track you and still punch you to the ground since it was charged.
Warden got a pretty similar thing with this shoulder bash but it nets more damage
Uncharged 2 side lights 12+6=18 dmg
Charged top heavy 40 dmg
Not looking to buff damage keep it the same on him but I think it would be an idea to think about.
Also the option to cancel it would be nice.

Thanks for sharing your suggestion and for being open t discussion about it! Threads like that are what the forums are all about. ;)

Centurion can be a polarizing topic in the community, so we're definitely interested to hear players thoughts both on your idea and how best to address the hero.

Nah centurion needs more nerfs. His Been cancer since he arrived during season 2 and is the Main offender that People left this horrible balanced Game. Centurion is the most stupid thing the devs made sofar and they made alot Of stupid things. I hops you mods tell Roman this important message since he incompetent at Game development and should serve hamburgers or clean toilets and not develop games Thank you :)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, but I'll have to disagree. Roman has been doing a great job and works hard to bring players an experience they will enjoy, just like all the other members of the For Honor team. If you're having trouble fighting Centurion, you should try out the Arena mode to identify the best ways to counter him. Let's also remember that the forums is meant for open discussion and at no point do we condone forum users to disparage others from sharing their ideas or thoughts. You can, however, constructively disagree.

jmac70
08-18-2018, 10:12 PM
Totally agree with what I have said about cent he does need that buff. If anyone thinks cent is OP then you are in the wrong at the current state any normal player can counter him and he's only really strong when he fights newer players

DefiledDragon
08-18-2018, 11:27 PM
Totally agree with what I have said about cent he does need that buff. If anyone thinks cent is OP then you are in the wrong at the current state any normal player can counter him and he's only really strong when he fights newer players

My main issue with Centurion is the fact that he's too bash/unblockable reliant and does way too much stamina damage. Also, the cutscene. No other character in the game can relieve you of all your stamina and half your health from one mistake. Lower the stamina damage, or remove it from bash/kick/headbutt etc... attacks altogether and let them lead to guaranteed damage instead if they don't already. He feels OP because he can do things to characters that no other character can and it's not difficult to pull it off. I realise the devs have to provide characters that are noob friendly and easy to spam with, but I assumed that's what the vanguards were for, but it seems the entire roster is heading that way now. God help us when the Chinese faction drops.

dinosaurlicker
08-19-2018, 02:59 AM
Centurion isn't cancerous. He's (supposedly) strong vs noobs and absolutely horrific vs normal players. People that have problems with him are just that... noobs.

On-topic: That idea could be implemented but it would only achieve one thing: people will just roll away and you won't hit anyone. I honestly don't know what kind of buff they could give him other than more block damage on his heavies to force people to actually parry his heavies. If you don't parry his uncharged heavies he's got nothing to actually damage or pressure you.

Also: I hope the devs won't take Warden's SB as a standard and just implement more of that kind of thing. Warden is truly cancerous.

You couldnít have said it any better.

Funny how the only people who complain about cent being OP are the illiterates who canít be anymore than 13 years old. Tbh I feel like itís impossible to be good at any kind of fighter or pseudo fighter it you canít even utilize proper grammatical skills, so from now on letís all strive to ignore them whilst conversing upon this subject.

Jokes aside, all those who claim cent needs a nerf donít realize how hard it is to win duels with him anywhere above noob tier.

VampireDovah
08-19-2018, 05:11 AM
I would have put in the title "a quality of life improvement" instead of buff people just going to roast you if they see buff and cent in the same phrase.

C4rmine52
08-19-2018, 05:46 AM
Are you ever going to grow up and not be a pathetic whining and immature baby??. Centurion is mediocre only good against noobs, but thatís 90% of the heroís in the game not our problem youíre only solution is coming on the forums and blasting down the devs and any post about him. They should ban you completely from both the game and the forums maybe youíll shut up.

RexXZ347
08-19-2018, 06:36 AM

Noob spotted. An unskilled player who when loses a game cries and declares that this character is OP. Seriously, centurion is good as a noob stomper and as a support. I've fought and played as a cent and he isa B tier.

WhydoIdothis21
08-19-2018, 06:46 AM
Well, a "Noob stomper" still isn't a good character idea. I'm fairly new at the game, only a rep 17, and I really enjoy this game, but a character who can take all of my stamina away and then take half my health away with one combo is somewhat annoying. I don't want a nerf on Cent, just a slight rework so he could not only decent to play against for new characters but also doesn't rely on mostly one combo. I want to enjoy this game, not always be forced to try hard.

NHLGoldenKnight
08-19-2018, 09:07 AM
Well, a "Noob stomper" still isn't a good character idea. I'm fairly new at the game, only a rep 17, and I really enjoy this game, but a character who can take all of my stamina away and then take half my health away with one combo is somewhat annoying. I don't want a nerf on Cent, just a slight rework so he could not only decent to play against for new characters but also doesn't rely on mostly one combo. I want to enjoy this game, not always be forced to try hard.

Don't let them trick you into thinking that you are noob based on excuses they are making for most broken turd of a hero. Because guess what? Most of of the players actually play Centurion as one of top 3 heroes they use.

Fact is, lobbies are full of Centurions even when all of the players are higher rep, like over 100. If it is such a poor, weak hero, why they are so many of them?

Because they can cheese their win so easy. All it takes is just one parry when your opponent has 2/3 or less stamina. And you are done. They maybe imaging in their heads how good players they are, but they are just a bunch of cheap, cowardly 13old tryhards. Nothing more. Because there is nothing skilled about doing one parry after your opponent stays with no stamina and with almost half of health taken away. Fight is over unless you are top class player or very lucky.

Centurion doesn't actually fight. His sword is barely used unless it is a cut scene or call it animation if you will. It is like watching a movie. He was supposed to be the guy who crashes defensive player but instead he became worst turtle of them all, second place goes to Aramusha hands down. So instead of fighting like a man, he can just block and pick up one parry. Game over.

I wouldn't mind him being something like Warden or even Kensei. Someone who actually has to fight to win, who has to swing his sword. He deserves rework that would make him that kind of hero.

But to buff him in his current state with current move set? That would be suicide. I would leave the game right away because developers would continue to show bias towards certain heroes such as Centurion or Shaman.

Unfortunately I am not sure he will ever get the more serious rework because someone at Ubi who really likes Centurion would automatically admit that he was created in a wrong way to begin with. And trust me, ego is a strange thing.

C4rmine52
08-19-2018, 10:04 AM
Don't let them trick you into thinking that you are noob based on excuses they are making for most broken turd of a hero. Because guess what? Most of of the players actually play Centurion as one of top 3 heroes they use.

Fact is, lobbies are full of Centurions even when all of the players are higher rep, like over 100. If it is such a poor, weak hero, why they are so many of them?

Because they can cheese their win so easy. All it takes is just one parry when your opponent has 2/3 or less stamina. And you are done. They maybe imaging in their heads how good players they are, but they are just a bunch of cheap, cowardly 13old tryhards. Nothing more. Because there is nothing skilled about doing one parry after your opponent stays with no stamina and with almost half of health taken away. Fight is over unless you are top class player or very lucky.

Centurion doesn't actually fight. His sword is barely used unless it is a cut scene or call it animation if you will. It is like watching a movie. He was supposed to be the guy who crashes defensive player but instead he became worst turtle of them all, second place goes to Aramusha hands down. So instead of fighting like a man, he can just block and pick up one parry. Game over.

I wouldn't mind him being something like Warden or even Kensei. Someone who actually has to fight to win, who has to swing his sword. He deserves rework that would make him that kind of hero.

But to buff him in his current state with current move set? That would be suicide. I would leave the game right away because developers would continue to show bias towards certain heroes such as Centurion or Shaman.

Unfortunately I am not sure he will ever get the more serious rework because someone at Ubi who really likes Centurion would automatically admit that he was created in a wrong way to begin with. And trust me, ego is a strange thing.

I havenít touched my centurion much since his nerfs. Heís B tier at best, but no one ever said his design was bs hence why we say ď heís a pretty good noob stomperĒ. If youíre as bad as I prob think you are, you have bad reaction time. Kick is easy to dodge, punch is easy to dodge, telegraphed Asf lights. Low DMg heavys tho 2nd chained heavy is fast. Heavy into guardbreal is easily countered especially wen every centurion does it.

bannex19
08-19-2018, 11:00 AM
Noob cents are easy to stomp.

Good cents can destroy the average player.

Ppl have been saying his design was bs since he was launched.

RexXZ347
08-19-2018, 01:51 PM

Fun fact: in order to do a combo you need a charged heavy. Not a parry. Because giess what? The punch after the parry is dodgeable. It cannot be cancelled to gb. And if the cent attacked you can still dodge it. Easy peasy.

The_B0G_
08-19-2018, 02:11 PM
I used to have a lot of issues with Cent, so I played him until rep 11, now I know exactly how he works and I can shut down most Cents in 1v1 no problem.

You only need to block everything, and be ready to CGB at all times, forget about parrying, just block, dodge and CGB, you don't need to parry him.
Block until he fully charges his jab or punch, then dodge those, he won't be able to do anything unless you dodge too early and he grabs you.

Once his heavy turns into an unblockable it can't be feinted and is an easy dodge or parry. Charged punch cannot be feinted either.

I think if people understood his mixups they would have far less trouble with him.

Knight_Raime
08-19-2018, 05:23 PM

Sadly forum posters like him still exist. Your best bet is to just put them on ignore and not respond to them at all.
That's what I do anyway. Made my forum experience here a lot more palletable.

Knight_Raime
08-19-2018, 05:30 PM

1) Rep is not a measure of skill.

2) Matchmaking frequently pits non great players with great players in 4's more often. Centurion is overwhelming for newbs. Hence why you see them in 4's everywhere. He's actually really bad for any decent team comp though since his entire moveset is based around bashes and bashes mega feed revenge.

3) Centurion can not remove all your stamina and half your health in a single parry. He gets a parry counter as his best response. Which will not OOS someone unless they already have a fair bit of stamina gone. The only way he can OOS someone off of a single parry reliably is if he ques a kick after the parry counter. But he's giving up the free heavy in the process. Further more the cutscene combo can only happen if he lands a pin. The only way he can get a pin reliably is from a splat. Good luck making that happen. If you eat a raw fully charged heavy in the open you 100% deserve the combo. It takes over a second for the move from start to finish to land. And it's always easy to tell when he's committing to a charge because there is always a 200-300ms period after it's fully charged before it actually lands.

I want centurion reworked just as much as the next person. But don't spread false information. it helps no one.

NHLGoldenKnight
08-19-2018, 06:57 PM
False information my @ss. Go in 4v4 and tell me how hard it is for Centurion to land his combos, please.

Rep is not measure of skill and I will never come here and claim how skilled I am. But rep is a measure of time spent in game and if you have 700 hours and close to 4000 Dominion matches all of which vs humans, well I believe that I have seen all kind of things happening and should be qualified enough to speak about Centurion or anything else without millennial crap of how I am not top 2.5% so my opinion doesn't matter. Privileged brats.

And as I said in my post, he does takes away all of your stamina as long as you already did engage him and your stamina is partially spent. I don't know how you call his stupid mo es, but right after a parry he does that punch (or triple punch?) , you stay without stamina and usually end up on your ***. Since it takes 10-15 seconds to recover from exhaustion, you are pretty much done at this point. In theory, after you get up and he goes for extra heavy or kick, you can try to dodge but rarely works for charged heavy since tracking is better than for a kick. So many times I do dodge as far as my hero can yet I am still getting hit by charged heavy while exhausted.

Maybe in 1v1 you have all the time in the world to focus on fighting Centurion but in 4v4 you don't have that luxury. One Centurion in group fight completely can change result of that fight like no other hero except for maybe Berserker.

And Centurion doesn't really fight. Orochi may be the worst light spammer but at least he has to actually fight. I hate Kensei but he has to fight as well. There is no cheesy moves for most of the heroes. Then you have Centurion who just keep turtuling and waiting for right opportunity to finish the fight even before it has started. He doesn't even use his sword in most of the fight unless it is for blocking or cut scene where he is flying through the air. Everything else is punches and kicks. I would have bought MMA if I wanted that kind of experience.

NHLGoldenKnight
08-19-2018, 07:03 PM
I used to have a lot of issues with Cent, so I played him until rep 11, now I know exactly how he works and I can shut down most Cents in 1v1 no problem.

You only need to block everything, and be ready to CGB at all times, forget about parrying, just block, dodge and CGB, you don't need to parry him.
Block until he fully charges his jab or punch, then dodge those, he won't be able to do anything unless you dodge too early and he grabs you.

Once his heavy turns into an unblockable it can't be feinted and is an easy dodge or parry. Charged punch cannot be feinted either.

I think if people understood his mixups they would have far less trouble with him.

You still do play him and the other night you showed everything wrong with Centurion. I remember you turtuling worse than any Shugo and just avoiding fight until you can caught someone off guard during group fight. Of course you revenge stats were pretty high since you did activated it couple of times. And you never even use his sword until it is a part of combo when you opponent is already half dead and completely exhausted. Balanced hero.

Baturai
08-19-2018, 07:10 PM
after centurion this game turn into a ****hole

The_B0G_
08-19-2018, 07:29 PM
You still do play him and the other night you showed everything wrong with Centurion. I remember you turtuling worse than any Shugo and just avoiding fight until you can caught someone off guard during group fight. Of course you revenge stats were pretty high since you did activated it couple of times. And you never even use his sword until it is a part of combo when you opponent is already half dead and completely exhausted. Balanced hero.

I'm much too impatient to turtle with any character, unless it wasn't 1v1 then yes, I definitely would turtle to get my revenge, Cents attacks only damage one person at a time, so trying to fight multiple people without revenge is very hard.

Also I use light or heavy attacks to start up every attack combo I have... short of just straight up GBing everyone it's impossible not to use Cents sword, you can't even access his jab without throwing a heavy, so that whole statement doesn't really make sense.

I honestly think you should play him so you can get to know him better, you don't seem to understand how he works, and once you do, he's a lot easier to counter.

NHLGoldenKnight
08-19-2018, 07:42 PM
Well, I didn't mean to offend you, it was just my observation during couple of 4v4 Dominion matches we played together.

I don't like an idea of playing him or unlocking him for that matter. I can fight most of heroes with varying rate of success but at least their moves somewhat make sense and I now how to react to them. Centurion is the only one that I can't fight with just learning him from past experience which is why I think his design is broken. Also, there is a reason there are so many Centurions in the game and reason is not because he needs buff.

Or I will kill him without him doing anything to me, or he will kill me without me doing anything to him. There is no middle ground for me when fighting Centurion in 4v4. That is why I believe he is broken and he shouldn't receive buff on his current kit. I am all of rework but rework that will force him to open up a little bit and to actually use multiple light-heavy combos and engage in sword fight more than he does now. If that makes him stronger, I really don't mind. I am history nerd and nothing would make me happier to play as Centurion for little bit and explore his armor sets, weapons etc. But not like this, not in his current state.

Cheese has to stop with so many cut scenes, punches and kicks.

DefiledDragon
08-19-2018, 07:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4E9uiiz3V0

The_B0G_
08-19-2018, 08:02 PM
Well, I didn't mean to offend you, it was just my observation during couple of 4v4 Dominion matches we played together.

I don't like an idea of playing him or unlocking him for that matter. I can fight most of heroes with varying rate of success but at least their moves somewhat make sense and I now how to react to them. Centurion is the only one that I can't fight with just learning him from past experience which is why I think his design is broken.

Or I will kill him without him doing anything to me, or he will kill me without me doing anything to him. There is no middle ground for me when fighting Centurion in 4v4. That is why I believe he is broken and he shouldn't receive buff on his current kit. I am all of rework but rework that will force him to open up a little bit and to actually use multiple light-heavy combos and engage in sword fight more than he does now. If that makes him stronger, I really don't mind.

But cheese has to stop with so many cut scenes, punches and kicks.

I'm not offended, I just don't ever turtle, unless I'm outnumbered. It's not even a moral decision its strictly practical, I'm not good enough at parrying for turtling to pay off for me lol

Honest to god if you looked back about 6 or 7 months on these forums on my posts, I was saying the exact same stuff you're saying now, I hated Cent with a passion, I'd be arguing with Knight_Raime all the time about him, then one day I got bored with the heroes I was using and tried him out.

I absolutely hated him at the start, until about rep 6 when I figured out his moves and combinations and how to fight all the different heroes, then by rep 9 I was good enough not to be walking into every 1v1 expecting to get wrecked.

TLDR; I put time into him and now I don't find him any harder to fight than anyone else and my hatred for him is gone, you still get caught with a GB into wall splat combo here and there but a lot of heroes get just as good, if not better damage off a wall splat than cent does, and in a lot less moves/time.