PDA

View Full Version : Game stutters frequently...(sigh)

simplesim
04-27-2010, 02:39 PM
Well after much trouble getting the game to work, ingame plays stutters and makes this game not fun. Had it at medium as default and I thought it was the settings too high, but the results were still the same. I wonder if it's because it's connected online or maybe it's constantly checking for the game's legit copy.
So much for DRM.
Can some tech guys from ubisoft help me out here?

My spec
Core2Duo @3ghz E8400
ATI HD4850 512 mb
Winxp

simplesim
04-27-2010, 02:39 PM
Well after much trouble getting the game to work, ingame plays stutters and makes this game not fun. Had it at medium as default and I thought it was the settings too high, but the results were still the same. I wonder if it's because it's connected online or maybe it's constantly checking for the game's legit copy.
So much for DRM.
Can some tech guys from ubisoft help me out here?

My spec
Core2Duo @3ghz E8400
ATI HD4850 512 mb
Winxp

kloss_hans
04-27-2010, 02:52 PM
Please try to upgrade your graphic card driver and DirectX version... Maybe it will work. If that won't anyway we will need to wait for patch.

Solidmgsnake
04-27-2010, 03:42 PM
I have the same GPU and CPU as you, simplesim. Game does studder at certain points. Also the game crashed and restarted the PC on me for the 1st time during the end of mission 2. Also there seems to be an audio issue too since that studders. Drivers are updated, we just need new ones or a patch for this game...or BOTH! Other than that.. the game looks great. I get 30-60fps, but I really think it could stay close to 60.

LittlestCthulhu
04-27-2010, 05:42 PM
Running terrible for me as well,

Core2Duo 3.6Ghz
2x 4850 1GB in Crossfire
4 GB RAM
Win7 64-bit

Fully up-to-date drivers and DirectX

simplesim
04-27-2010, 07:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SolidMGSnake2:
I have the same GPU and CPU as you, simplesim. Game does studder at certain points. Also the game crashed and restarted the PC on me for the 1st time during the end of mission 2. Also there seems to be an audio issue too since that studders. Drivers are updated, we just need new ones or a patch for this game...or BOTH! Other than that.. the game looks great. I get 30-60fps, but I really think it could stay close to 60. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I won't bother to update my ati driver as it messed up my game performance in GTAIV and episodes from liberty city, so I reverted to catalyst 9.4
I had a crash in the first area and it restarted suddenly and rebooted recovering from a "CRITICAL ERROR"
OMG, what this game is doin to my rig!

simplesim
04-28-2010, 06:49 PM
Can some ubisoft tech guy answer this please. Why is the game stuttering so much and especially in a new level or place and when it saves? At least post something here that you've read this topic...

MinusII-VX9-
04-28-2010, 09:33 PM
From what i've seen around the forums there looks to be an issue with some GPU's. and i believe the 4850 is one of them, they are apparently releasing a patch soon to fix the problem.

Minus

chmun77
04-28-2010, 10:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by simplesim:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SolidMGSnake2:
I have the same GPU and CPU as you, simplesim. Game does studder at certain points. Also the game crashed and restarted the PC on me for the 1st time during the end of mission 2. Also there seems to be an audio issue too since that studders. Drivers are updated, we just need new ones or a patch for this game...or BOTH! Other than that.. the game looks great. I get 30-60fps, but I really think it could stay close to 60. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I won't bother to update my ati driver as it messed up my game performance in GTAIV and episodes from liberty city, so I reverted to catalyst 9.4
I had a crash in the first area and it restarted suddenly and rebooted recovering from a "CRITICAL ERROR"
OMG, what this game is doin to my rig! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If that's the case, is your copy of GTA 4 which need to be patched instead. Newer drivers will keep coming out to support newer games. Are you going to just play GTA 4 only for the rest of the days?

DocHoliday69
04-29-2010, 07:47 AM
I have the studder even in the cutscenes. I'm using a 295gtx so it's not just ati. Very frustrating considering the $60 bill for it. This game should run like butter considering it's using a modified unreal engine. I run crysis @2560/1600 with very little slowdowns. AC2 runs very well also at the same res and has more physics and better graphics. Just very disappointing!