PDA

View Full Version : Matchmaking

Bucurosu
08-18-2018, 04:15 PM
Can anyone (including ubi staff) explain me HTF the matchmaking system works???....how come i'm rep 1 and every single time I enter a duel it's against a rep 10+.....how come i play against players rep 20+ for example and in the left lower corner it says "your skill slightly higher than enemy" how TF can that be?????

DefiledDragon
08-18-2018, 04:34 PM
I think it takes your K/D into account too and possibly your win rate. If you select a hero and go to progress but don't actually select it (click or press A) it will show you your K/D and winrate in each game mode with that hero. It could be based more on K/D and win rate than Rep. Rep is just time served really. You could grind up to 50 rep playing against bots all the time but it wouldn't make you necessarily skillful. Rep != skill. Nor does K/D necessarily, but it's a much better indicator than rep alone.

Bucurosu
08-18-2018, 04:49 PM
Well, if you are going that way, I could be rep 1, have 50% win rate and be the same as a rep 30 for example....in my opinion this doesn't really make sense.....rep makes much more sense....cause, even if that individual grinded with bots, with bots you get much less exp, so he would have to grind a lot, and bots can be pretty tough actually, but even so, rep isn't taken in consideration in my case that's why I am annoyed. For example what should be taken in consideration should be the number of matches played (bot and online separately) on account not hero :D

DefiledDragon
08-18-2018, 04:54 PM
It does take rep into account, but as you're matchmaking you'll notice that it widens the parameters of the search as it's doing so. You're probably being matched with people where your "skill" (most likely K/D and win rate) is narrowly matched but your rep is not. It's bound to happen, especially if the playerbase isn't particularly active on the platform you're on or at the time of day you're playing or whatever. If it never matched you outside of your own rep, new players might struggle to find a game if there aren't any other new players matchmaking at the same time. Besides, rep 20 is nowt. I'm rep 17 and I suck with most of the roster.