PDA

View Full Version : Marketing Question?

Ravenspire1
10-19-2004, 11:26 PM
I was thinking of the name of the game.
Silent Hunter 3.

The game is aimed towards player that have some kind of intresst in sub naval warfare.
But thos that tryed out sh1 or sh 2 and didnt like the game wont buy a new "copy" under the name SH 3. And also many people wont buy a third serie in a game if they havent played 1 or 2.

For me it can be both good and bad to use a " well known" name for a game.

And according to what features this game will have it has nothing much in common whit sh2.
I se it as a completely new sub hunt game.
And whit a different new name it could lead that other players thats not familiar whit sub games would buy it.

I can only speak for my self when i say that when i buy a game that is in a serie No 2 or 3 i refer to the the first copy, if i liked it or not, that can trigger me to buy the game again.

Many times the game is an extension of the past games. And if you didnt like No 1 then you for sure wont buy No 2 and defently not even look into No 3.

But as it goes for SH3 i se it as a completely new game whit new features.

Ravenspire1
10-19-2004, 11:26 PM
I was thinking of the name of the game.
Silent Hunter 3.

The game is aimed towards player that have some kind of intresst in sub naval warfare.
But thos that tryed out sh1 or sh 2 and didnt like the game wont buy a new "copy" under the name SH 3. And also many people wont buy a third serie in a game if they havent played 1 or 2.

For me it can be both good and bad to use a " well known" name for a game.

And according to what features this game will have it has nothing much in common whit sh2.
I se it as a completely new sub hunt game.
And whit a different new name it could lead that other players thats not familiar whit sub games would buy it.

I can only speak for my self when i say that when i buy a game that is in a serie No 2 or 3 i refer to the the first copy, if i liked it or not, that can trigger me to buy the game again.

Many times the game is an extension of the past games. And if you didnt like No 1 then you for sure wont buy No 2 and defently not even look into No 3.

But as it goes for SH3 i se it as a completely new game whit new features.

macker33
10-21-2004, 06:48 AM
Recognition plays a part,I liked one and two so when i see three i can only assume its going to be more of the same,
Also people who never bought the first two games but were tempted might give a part three a go.

TASKFORCE1x1
10-21-2004, 07:59 AM
Then it is our DUTY to spread the word to all our friends,family,co-workers, & strangers about the new look,feel,detail,excitement of SHIII. That ought to do it! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I would like to see T-shirts,mugs, and other merchandise we could purchase before and after SHIII is released.

Mix-Martes86
10-21-2004, 10:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Then it is our DUTY to spread the word to all our friends,family,co-workers, & strangers about the new look,feel,detail,excitement of SHIII. That ought to do it! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with you. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif