PDA

View Full Version : Please explain what it has been revealed [spoiler]

Michelasso
12-16-2011, 04:31 AM
Because I must be stupid. I just finished the game and with my surprise I didn't see any connection with Adam and Eve, I don't know what happened to the Templars, what the heck was Lucy, what is that final area and what happens in it, but worst of all I have this terrible annoying feeling that Ubi left the end open (again!!) to keep milking out money (when there was no need to. AC are great games anyway, and any spin-off would have done).

PS: I wanted to post in the other long thread, but apparently it has been closed. So sorry if I re-introduce the same topic, but I need answers!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

LightRey
12-16-2011, 05:37 AM
-Nothing has been revealed about Adam and Eve. It's even been said that that's basically just a side story of sorts.

-What would've happened to the Templars? They were there and they still are. I don't see any reason to even assume that anything would've happened to the Templars.

-Lucy was a human and an assassin. *plays dramatic music*

-The final area, assuming you're talking about the point outside the animus when Desmond wakes up is in New York at the coordinates that were found at the end of the Da Vinci Disappearance. It's the location of the Grand Temple and Desmond is supposed to go in there in order to save the world (as explained thoroughly by Jupiter).

-Of course it was an open ending. They always have an open ending. It's basically an AC trademark. It's called a cliffhanger. Every major game series has them. Take Halo for example:
Halo: Combat Evolved - cliffhanger
Halo 2: Major cliffhanger
Halo 3: HUGE cliffhanger.

They don't do it to "keep milking money". They do it because that's how game series work. The story isn't over, so making a happy ending in which everything they were busy with was done would make no sense. AC3 will finish Desmond's story. That's been suspected from the moment they said the series was going to be a trilogy and it has been confirmed for months now.

SupremeCaptain
12-16-2011, 05:50 AM
Thanks, Lightrey! ^^

Right! So nothing was revealed.

A game titled Revelations having a cliffhanger. Bit of a lame move, don't ya think?

Grand temple? Who gives a **** about that when we have only heard of it for one game?

... Why do I keep coming back to this forum. I bet people are sick of all this negativity we do. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

LightRey
12-16-2011, 05:59 AM
Eh, no. There were most definitely revelations. They just didn't reveal everything. That would've been stupid.

If you wish to express your disappointment, do so in the appropriate threads instead of spamming others.

Michelasso
12-16-2011, 06:06 AM
They don't do it to "keep milking money". They do it because that's how game series work. The story isn't over, so making a happy ending in which everything they were busy with was done would make no sense. AC3 will finish Desmond's story. That's been suspected from the moment they said the series was going to be a trilogy and it has been confirmed for months now.

My bad. I thought the trilogy was about Ezio. Also from a sequel named "Revelations" I was expecting.. well.. everything to be revealed? 4 games were more than enough to see the happy ending. Also the Apple is there, he is at the Grand Temple. Unless Desmond will play as… Desmond, I don't see what else can be done.

Some people call it cliffhanger, I call it money milking. Costantinople and the story related felt so out of place and repetitive that a few extra locations with the ending would have fit just fine. What I enjoyed the most have been the Altair episodes.

But yeah, sorry. I am mostly upset because I bought the game for my brother from Amazon Uk, imagining it would have had the Italian option like the previous ones. Ubisoft took it away. Even changing the PS3 main language, the second one U get, other than English was… Russian. So I had to keep it instead to wait for the price drop (as it deserves, even if the quality improved a lot). At least - I thought - I will finally see the end of this. Not a chance. Very disappointed.

SupremeCaptain
12-16-2011, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
Eh, no. There were most definitely revelations. They just didn't reveal everything. That would've been stupid.

If you wish to express your disappointment, do so in the appropriate threads instead of spamming others.

Oh bro, that's not spamming. If so, then saying good things about the game counts as spamming too.

So you are saying that they didn't reveal everything? I brought a game for revelations to the story, and they didn't WANT to show all the revelations...

I feel ****ing robbed.

I can't wait DLC for Revelations where it clears up the rest if the story! Because I am soooo going to buy it! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

>_>

Originally posted by tancoi97:
ajfiajseifa

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Mr_Shade
12-16-2011, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by SupremeCaptain:

Oh bro, that's not spamming. If so, then saying good things about the game counts as spamming too.

No, but it is derailing a topic, which you seem to be doing a lot of recently...

You should not use other people's threads to air your own agenda - if they are not directly related to the topic, which it's not.

If your not happy with the game, as you are making very clear, I suggest you post that in the correct thread.

LightRey
12-16-2011, 06:26 AM
If you wish to express your disappointment, please do so in the appropriate thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4631068769).

This thread is about answering the specific questions posed by the OP. Any post that does not pertain to these questions is spam.

EDIT: thank you Mr_Shade.

SupremeCaptain
12-16-2011, 06:37 AM
Oh my apologies.

Thank you.

Mr_Shade
12-16-2011, 06:45 AM
Oh my apologies.

Thank you. Let's not see it again please, since I can only warn so many times.

deadly_thought
12-16-2011, 06:49 AM
the answer is NOTHING

there are no revelations in this game

frankly it was pointless to play it

if i wanted to watch a long running series doa clip show id hire out the simpsons complete edition on dvd so i could watch ALL of the clip shows

the games a rip they did milk it and i wont be buying AC3 me and thousands of others

btw disagreeing with light rey makes you NORMAL!!

Mr_Shade
12-16-2011, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by deadly_thought:
btw disagreeing with light rey makes you NORMAL!! let's not start getting personal..

And my post about derailing topics for people's own personal agendas applies to personal grudges too.

Dagio12
12-16-2011, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by deadly_thought:
the answer is NOTHING

there are no revelations in this game

if i wanted to watch a long running series doa clip show id hire out the simpsons complete edition on dvd so i could watch ALL of the clip shows

the games a rip they did milk it and i wont be buying AC3 me and thousands of others

btw disagreeing with light rey makes you NORMAL!!

please direct yourself 4 posts up... read... and follow.

LightRey
12-16-2011, 07:03 AM
Again, if you wish to express your disappointment, please do so in the appropriate thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4631068769).

To give a few examples of revelations in the game for the OP:

SPOILER WARNING

-The Temples were installations used to discover a way to save the world.
-Minerva, Juno and Jupiter were those of TWCB that worked on finding a way to save the world.
-In total, six different methods were used to save the world, none of which worked.
-There was one temple for each attempt.
-Desmond is supposedly necessary to carry out the final attempt to save the world and TWCB were unable to find out if he would succeed.
-William "Bill" Miles is the current grand master of the Assassin order.
-Daniel Cross is part of a team that is to assassinate William Miles.

Now, anyone who wants to discuss further whether these are legitimate revelations or whether these were enough, should do so in the above linked thread.

ProdiGurl
12-16-2011, 07:59 AM
Haven't we seen this topic 4 or 5 other times?
Now I have to go fetch the posts I've added in the others to reply to this again.

I do get weary of people deciding that THEIR personal questions amount to the "Revelations" that had to be given.

* Ezio was NOT looking to find out about what happened to Lucy, YOU were. It was about HIS revelations - HIS questions, not ours.
(As we should know by now, this was the final of Ezio's Trilogy - aimed at him & his life, not all the Mysteries of AC).

If ACR was the finale' of all the AC series, then I have no problem with this argument of no revelations.
But AC3 is continuing the story.

You might as well Attack Twilight 1,2 & 3 for not revealing the very end of what happened w/ Bella & Edward. (sorry for not having a better example) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

*edit in* my other post:

Posted Wed December 14 2011 12:58 Hide Post
Here's the short trailer again of what Ezio's seeking.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfR_ncxSRGU

He isn't asking what happened w/ Lucy, etc.

I think his answers get revealed to him and he got his Revelation as to the past (w/ Altair) & what he needed to do next with his own life.
That he fought a worthy cause and it's time for the next Assassin to take the reigns.

I just cant' see it any other way - the Series isn't over with for us to get the complete answers to everything, it's continuing to lead us thru it.

deadly

Actually every single vid game is pointless to play in the big scope of things.
If you hated it, great, hate it. But many disagree with you on that. Especially me.

What IS pointless is spending time bashing on a game you hate when it's all about personal preferences for each person.

That is a true waste of time & pointless.

deadly_thought
12-16-2011, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
Haven't we seen this topic 4 or 5 other times?
Now I have to go fetch the posts I've added in the others to reply to this again.

I do get weary of people deciding that THEIR personal questions amount to the "Revelations" that had to be given.

* Ezio was NOT looking to find out about what happened to Lucy, YOU were. It was about HIS revelations - HIS questions, not ours.
(As we should know by now, this was the final of Ezio's Trilogy - aimed at him & his life, not all the Mysteries of AC).

If ACR was the finale' of all the AC series, then I have no problem with this argument of no revelations.

You might as well Attack Twilight 1,2 & 3 for not revealing the very end of what happened w/ Bella & Edward. (sorry for not having a better example) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

so calling it revelations without actually putting any revelations in it is perfectly fine? what revelations were there other than desmonds father being alive?

everything was a rehash of ACB only with a clip showing an advanced civilization being wiped off the map but that was nothing new either we already knew about that

nothing new about ezio or altair just that theyd lived and died and had some hardship along the way typical life for most people

desmonds story he grew up in an assassin family (new that) he didnt think it was real (found that out in AC1) this was a poor effort and it fails by the standards of every other AC game in terms of the story advancing the story and creating a cliffhanger ending

because they had nothing left to tell they shouldve just made AC3 and skipped revelations its an expensive add on pack for ACB

there were no revelations in asassins creed revelations it was too short and it is being milked for maximum profit wich wont work btw they are alienating fans by the day with this title

ProdiGurl
12-16-2011, 08:16 AM
so calling it revelations without actually putting any revelations in it is perfectly fine? what revelations were there other than desmonds father being alive?

Once again, What the Revelations were to be is what eludes you.
You are ASSUMING they are your revelations that will get answered. In context, this is the end of Ezio's journey.
The title does not say that, Ezio is getting HIS revelations which the Trailer video link I included shows us.

He wanted to know HIS part in this, what the truth was . . where did Ezio say "Lead me to the truth, I want to know what happened with Lucy and Subject 16".
No, that's what YOU wanted to know.

This is nothing more than reading into the title what it doesn't say or promise.

Again, since AC3 is going to be alot more about Desmond, that is where we're most likely going to see all that related content revealed.
It wouldn't even be fitting in this chapter of Ezio's that was closing.

GeneralTrumbo
12-16-2011, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Michelasso:
Because I must be stupid. I just finished the game and with my surprise I didn't see any connection with Adam and Eve, I don't know what happened to the Templars, what the heck was Lucy, what is that final area and what happens in it, but worst of all I have this terrible annoying feeling that Ubi left the end open (again!!) to keep milking out money (when there was no need to. AC are great games anyway, and any spin-off would have done).

PS: I wanted to post in the other long thread, but apparently it has been closed. So sorry if I re-introduce the same topic, but I need answers!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Playing through multiplayer, you eventually unlock a file titled "File.0.14\FC_Origin". Here is what is revealed about Adam and Eve:

Science has made tremendous leaps in the last decades, but none as great as we have made here at Abstergo. Thanks to many of our projects, we now hold indisputable evidence that the Bible, despite what any of us may believe, holds some truths. One of these truths is that we are descendants of what scientists have called mitochondrial Eve and Y-Chromosomal Adam. Eden, however, was a false paradise.

Ages ago, we were slaves of Those Who Came Before, an ancient race so advanced we have not yet even begun to fathom their technology. These beings created us in their own image by accelerating our own natural evolutionary process. However, through genetic manipulation they deprived us of our true heritage, to ensure mankind would remain enslaved. Compared to them, humans were - are - lesser beings. Nevertheless, we freed ourselves from their prison and survived, while they perished.

One day, through continued scientific advancement, we shall be able to reawaken the genes that lie dormant in all of us, the genes that our makers, the Ancients, Those Who Came Before, deprived us of. And thus give back to humanity the birthright it was wrongfully denied.

To partly explain this, here are some pictures.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111202110710/assassinscreed/images/thumb/6/6c/Blake%27s_Adam_and_Eve.jpg/333px-Blake%27s_Adam_and_Eve.jpg

The subheading is "Blake's Adam and Eve".

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2a/MatrilinealAncestor.PNG

This is a picture explaining "Mitochondrial Eve". Through random drift or selection the female-lineage will trace back to a single female, such as Mitochondrial Eve.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b8/Albero_Y-DNA.jpg/460px-Albero_Y-DNA.jpg

This here explains Y-Chromosomal Adam. Y-chromosome in descendants of one human male.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111202110525/assassinscreed/images/thumb/3/39/Adam_and_Eve_Driven_out_of_Eden.jpg/387px-Adam_and_Eve_Driven_out_of_Eden.jpg

The subheading for this is "Adam and Eve driven out of Eden".

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111202110248/assassinscreed/images/thumb/c/c1/Creation_Prometheus_Louvre.jpg/544px-Creation_Prometheus_Louvre.jpg

The subheading for this is "Creation Prometheus Louvre". Another subheading is "Children or Slaves".

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111202110113/assassinscreed/images/7/7f/Prometheus_brings_fire_to_mankind.jpg

The subheading for this is "Prometheus brings fire to mankind". Another is "giver of fire".

Hope these all answer your questions!

Michelasso
12-16-2011, 09:57 AM

SPOILER WARNING

-Minerva, Juno and Jupiter were those of TWCB that worked on finding a way to save the world.
-In total, six different methods were used to save the world, none of which worked.
-Desmond is supposedly necessary to carry out the final attempt to save the world and TWCB were unable to find out if he would succeed.

Thanks. Too bad now I am even more lost. What's to save if the world has been destroyed already? TWCB? What's that? But first of all… What's with these artifacts? Just weapons to take control of the human beings? To be honest not even all this mess between Assassins vs Templars makes much sense. No more than the standard cliché Good (anarchists) vs Evil (people in charge). With the Gods in the middle just messing up even more things. Why did Desmond kill Lucy? What the hell! Even Harry Potter makes much more sense! Unless other than to play the games and watch the short movie I have to read the books as well. But this would be asking too much. I may check wikipedia. It usually has good summaries.

BTW thanks GeneralTrumbo for the explanation about Adam and Eve. Not a smart idea to hide story elements in the MP, though. I'd rather play Dark Souls with a third build than the AC MP. I just hope there will be a full length movie. As it is now they are just pieces here and there.

ProdiGurl
12-16-2011, 10:00 AM
Adam and Eve driven out of Eden

That picture is just plain kool.

ProdiGurl
12-16-2011, 10:04 AM
Also this reply:

joshuathao64

Posted Wed December 14 2011 13:16 Hide Post
This game actually revealed a lot of stuff. Lucy is dead if you stuck around long enough to hear. Subject 16 has been deleted from the Animus where he pushes Desmond back into the Synch Nexus! They revealed the true meaning of the Assassin's "Nothing is true, everything is permitted". They revealed why the Juno, Minerva, and Jupiter failed to save the world from the Solar Flare. They revealed that there were actually two apples, that Ezio and Altair's apples are different. They talked about the Central Vault where Juno, Jupiter, and Minerva conducted the experiment to save the world. And the activation and location of the central vault at the end. See! So much crap and all you are worried about is useless stuff. :P

LightRey
12-16-2011, 10:32 AM
Thanks. Too bad now I am even more lost. What's to save if the world has been destroyed already? TWCB? What's that? But first of all… What's with these artifacts? Just weapons to take control of the human beings? To be honest not even all this mess between Assassins vs Templars makes much sense. No more than the standard cliché Good (anarchists) vs Evil (people in charge). With the Gods in the middle just messing up even more things. Why did Desmond kill Lucy? What the hell! Even Harry Potter makes much more sense! Unless other than to play the games and watch the short movie I have to read the books as well. But this would be asking too much. I may check wikipedia. It usually has good summaries.

BTW thanks GeneralTrumbo for the explanation about Adam and Eve. Not a smart idea to hide story elements in the MP, though. I'd rather play Dark Souls with a third build than the AC MP. I just hope there will be a full length movie. As it is now they are just pieces here and there.
The conflict between the Templars and Assassins is mostly focused on that the Assassins want to prevent the very thing the Templars want to accomplish. Though they both want peace, Assassins want above all to preserve free will, while the Templars want complete control.

It's not so much that the Assassins are the "good guys" and that the Templars are the "bad guys" as it is that the Assassins fight to end the fighting, while the Templars fight for control. Neither is "good", the Assassins just only kill killers basically.

There are still many unanswered questions of course and many have been added in ACR. It is clear though that at the very least the apples were used to control the minds of humanity. As for he other artifacts, it's possible they were made for the same goals, but it is unknown what their specific purpose was.

Michelasso
12-16-2011, 10:38 AM

Sorry, but this wasn't called AC: Ezio's Revelations. It's called AC Revelations. So it had to reveal about the whole creed, not just about one member.

And yes, I thought/hoped this was the finale. I was sick of Desmond already, this is getting old. So conveniently Ubisoft left him out in the whole game, apart from few moments at the end (I don't consider the Animus island plots related in any sense).

And btw.. who in hell are Bella & Edward? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I'd rather consider Harry Potter. It has been thought before writing the first book, each book had a self contained story with ties and hints to the whole and a Gran Finale that honestly has been great.

Instead it looks pretty obvious to me that Ubisoft first has got the script for Altair, then since the game has been a success they built up a story around Desmond and his other ancestor. I pretty much believe that even the Ezio's trilogy has been built up step by step. Revelations adds little to the whole story. The whole Costantinople thing was useless. Desmond could order the keys from ebay that not much changed!

As a game ACR deserves the 8/10 it's getting, but regarding the story it is mediocre the best. I had to push myself to finish it. To end up, again, with a"meh… To be continued".

AC III is better be bloody good. And it must be the final one since I read now it is related to the 2012 end of the world. I wonder: will Ubi make the Maya Assassins as well? You know, "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."!

LightRey
12-16-2011, 10:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:

Sorry, but this wasn't called AC: Ezio's Revelations. It's called AC Revelations. So it had to reveal about the whole creed, not just about one member.

And yes, I thought/hoped this was the finale. I was sick of Desmond already, this is getting old. So conveniently Ubisoft left him out in the whole game, apart from few moments at the end (I don't consider the Animus island plots related in any sense).

And btw.. who in hell are Bella & Edward? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I'd rather consider Harry Potter. It has been thought before writing the first book, each book had a self contained story with ties and hints to the whole and a Gran Finale that honestly has been great.

Instead it looks pretty obvious to me that Ubisoft first has got the script for Altair, then since the game has been a success they built up a story around Desmond and his other ancestor. I pretty much believe that even the Ezio's trilogy has been built up step by step. Revelations adds little to the whole story. The whole Costantinople thing was useless. Desmond could order the keys from ebay that not much changed!

As a game ACR deserves the 8/10 it's getting, but regarding the story it is mediocre the best. I had to push myself to finish it. To end up, again, with a"meh… To be continued".

AC III is better be bloody good. And it must be the final one since I read now it is related to the 2012 end of the world. I wonder: will Ubi make the Maya Assassins as well? You know, "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Eh, you're incorrect. Just because the title is Assassin's Creed Revelations, doesn't mean the revelations have anything to do with the Creed. The way the title works is as follows. "Assassin's Creed" is the name of the series, while "Revelations" is the name of the specific installment of that series. It's similar to the Latin names of species.

Michelasso
12-16-2011, 11:08 AM
Also this reply:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">joshuathao64

Posted Wed December 14 2011 13:16 Hide Post
This game actually revealed a lot of stuff. Lucy is dead if you stuck around long enough to hear. Subject 16 has been deleted from the Animus where he pushes Desmond back into the Synch Nexus! They revealed the true meaning of the Assassin's "Nothing is true, everything is permitted". They revealed why the Juno, Minerva, and Jupiter failed to save the world from the Solar Flare. They revealed that there were actually two apples, that Ezio and Altair's apples are different. They talked about the Central Vault where Juno, Jupiter, and Minerva conducted the experiment to save the world. And the activation and location of the central vault at the end. See! So much crap and all you are worried about is useless stuff. :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This doesn't explain why Lucy had to die. She was also pretty and perfect for mating with Desmond. How disappointing. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

The meaning of the creed, the fact that the Gods failed to save the world (I am not sure exactly why, though. Maybe they were too dumb for it? They failed, no excuses!), the 2 apples (I thought there were even more, weren't they?) mean little or nothing.

Basically we are left with a specific apple that turned Desmond into a sort of key for a vault that has been revealed. With the Assassins there to save the Earth while still fighting against the Templars (instead of sending an email to have a meeting and explain the situation). We know that Altair became the leader and locked the apple. Ezio found it and resigned. They both got married, had children (obviously. How else could they be Desmond's ancestors?) and died one day. Number 16 digital copy was still in the Animus and has been erased.

Oh yeah. The Gods have been explained and what happened to them as well. Everything was burned but few thousands humans survived and even less gods did (where are they now anyway? Did I miss something else?).

I'd kill to know what directors like Steven Spielberg are thinking about all of this (he is a videogame enthusiast as well. I'd be surprised if he didn't play AC).

ProdiGurl
12-16-2011, 11:25 AM

And I'm sorry but Assassin's Creed is the name of the Series. Revelation is the title of this installation of the series.
Like I said, you're wrongly reading into a title.

In proper context to the series, this was the final journey of Ezio - his last story of the series. It was given a 'finalizing' title.
Just as Brotherhood described the other AC game involving Ezio's current story.

I gave you the link to the Trailer that was released to the public - it tells you what Ezio was seeking.
Nowhere did he say "lead me to the truth, tell me why Lucy was killed by Desmond years ago, and reveal to me what Subject 16 was going on about and what happens to him".
Where was that?

This is what you wrongly decided it had to be about due to a title, not Ubi's failing (altho there was weakness in the writing/story).

I said this earlier and maybe even in this thread - I lost count, but as a weak example, I consider this equivalent to saying that Twilight 1,2 & 3 were weak & useless becuz they didn't reveal what ends up happening to Bella & Edward.

The story is ongoing, so it doesn't answer everything. If this were the last of the AC series, I'd be right here agreeing, asking why they left us in the dark about so much.

AC3 is about Desmond & that side of the story, not Ezio's ending. From a writer's standpoint, Ubi did this correctly - they can't very well answer it all in ACR if it spoils what they're doing in AC3.

mustash
12-16-2011, 11:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sorry, but this wasn't called AC: Ezio's Revelations. It's called AC Revelations. So it had to reveal about the whole creed, not just about one member.

And I'm sorry but Assassin's Creed is the name of the Series. Revelation is the title of this installation of the series.

In proper context to the series, this was the final journey of Ezio - his last story of the series. It was given a 'finalizing' title.

I gave you the link to the Trailer that was released to the public - it tells you what Ezio was seeking.
Nowhere did he say "lead me to the truth, tell me why Lucy was killed by Desmond years ago, and reveal to me what Subject 16 was going on about and what happens to him".
Where was that?

This is what you wrongly decided it had to be about due to a title, not Ubi's failing (altho there was weakness in the writing/story).

I said this earlier and maybe even in this thread - I lost count, but as a weak example, I consider this equivalent to saying that Twilight 1,2 & 3 were weak & useless becuz they didn't reveal what ends up happening to Bella & Edward.

The story is ongoing, so it doesn't answer everything. If this were the last of the AC series, I'd be right here agreeing, asking why they left us in the dark about so much.

AC3 is about Desmond & that side of the story, not Ezio's ending. From a writer's standpoint, Ubi did this correctly - they can't very well answer it all in ACR if it spoils what they're doing in AC3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He is wrongly reading into a title? I'm afraid it's you who are wrong here. Whilst the name of the entire series is Assassins Creed, this particular game is supposed to be about Relevations, like Brotherhood is about the Assassin brotherhood being rebuilt in Rome. Quite honestly, all this back on forth on the forums at the moment is mostly semantics, or where everyone weighs in on whether the revelations presented were revelations at all. Whilst this isn't the final title, you'd expect significant answers if the title itself says it will.

Just so it's clear, a revelation is defined as " a surprising and previously unknown fact, esp. one made in a dramatic way.
The making known of a secret or the unknown."

So the crux of the debates is whether finding out that Altairs apple and Ezios not being the same is a revelation and not just an aneqdote. Or whether Jupiters message about the temples is a revelation, not just a detail of the story. Typically, revelations change the way the story is understood as a whole and give it fresh meaning.

So in summary, the sub-title "Revelations" set's the prescedent that the game will reveal something of incredible significance, a secret that will change the course of the narrative and/or provide new context for anything previously established. It's not just about Ezio, it's about the entire story. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

eagleforlife1
12-16-2011, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by mustash2003:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sorry, but this wasn't called AC: Ezio's Revelations. It's called AC Revelations. So it had to reveal about the whole creed, not just about one member.

Where was that?

AC3 is about Desmond & that side of the story, not Ezio's ending. From a writer's standpoint, Ubi did this correctly - they can't very well answer it all in ACR if it spoils what they're doing in AC3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He is wrongly reading into a title? I'm afraid it's you who are wrong here. Whilst the name of the entire series is Assassins Creed, this particular game is supposed to be about Relevations, like Brotherhood is about the Assassin brotherhood being rebuilt in Rome. Quite honestly, all this back on forth on the forums at the moment is mostly semantics, or where everyone weighs in on whether the revelations presented were revelations at all. Whilst this isn't the final title, you'd expect significant answers if the title itself says it will.

Just so it's clear, a revelation is defined as " a surprising and previously unknown fact, esp. one made in a dramatic way.
The making known of a secret or the unknown."

So the crux of the debates is whether finding out that Altairs apple and Ezios not being the same is a revelation and not just an aneqdote. Or whether Jupiters message about the temples is a revelation, not just a detail of the story. Typically, revelations change the way the story is understood as a whole and give it fresh meaning.

So in summary, the sub-title "Revelations" set's the prescedent that the game will reveal something of incredible significance, a secret that will change the course of the narrative and/or provide new context for anything previously established. It's not just about Ezio, it's about the entire story. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Precisely http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif.

ProdiGurl
12-16-2011, 12:00 PM
He is wrongly reading into a title? I'm afraid it's you who are wrong here. Whilst the name of the entire series is Assassins Creed, this particular game is supposed to be about Relevations, like Brotherhood is about the Assassin brotherhood being rebuilt in Rome.

Then why is that Trailer I linked not asking for any of the questions we have? All Ezio's seeking are answers that relate to him -
the past & his future...

It's His story, it's HIS ending.

He goes into the Altair story & ending (how Altair ends), and he sets up AC3 beautifully for Desmond's story.

I just can't see this the other way when they put an Official Trailer out asking the very questions that would get answered -
then fans decide it had to be questions THEY had instead?

To me, that reads into the title.

I guess Ubi are the bad guys, they should have named it:
Assassins Creed - ONLY EZIO'S Revelation.
?
<sarc>
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Riften
12-16-2011, 12:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

SPOILER WARNING

BTW thanks GeneralTrumbo for the explanation about Adam and Eve. Not a smart idea to hide story elements in the MP, though. I'd rather play Dark Souls with a third build than the AC MP. I just hope there will be a full length movie. As it is now they are just pieces here and there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No offense or anything, but It seems you don't have a clue about the story.

TWCB - Those Who Came Before (If you don't know who they are that just furthers my point of the knowledge you have of the series)

Desmond didn't kill Lucy on purpose, Juno made him, why? we don't know yet, that's for Desmond to find it.

Like the others said Revelations is Ezio's final chapter and HIS revelations not Desmond's.

Also they are not milking the series, we knew that the main games in the series will be a trilogy and the rest a continuation of Desmonds ancestors story's.

Assassin_M
12-16-2011, 12:15 PM
Whats happening now is just Whining, at first it was tolerable, but now its just plain Ignorant !!
How can someone who doesnt know who Those who came before were come out here and start a rant about how he was "robbed" ?
Its nonsense, I find it rather nauseating..

mustash
12-16-2011, 12:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">He is wrongly reading into a title? I'm afraid it's you who are wrong here. Whilst the name of the entire series is Assassins Creed, this particular game is supposed to be about Relevations, like Brotherhood is about the Assassin brotherhood being rebuilt in Rome.

Then why is that Trailer I linked not asking for any of the questions we have? All Ezio's seeking are answers that relate to him -
the past & his future...

It's His story, it's HIS ending.

He goes into the Altair story & ending (how Altair ends), and he sets up AC3 beautifully for Desmond's story.

I just can't see this the other way when they put an Official Trailer out asking the very questions that would get answered -
then fans decide it had to be questions THEY had instead?

To me, that reads into the title.

I guess Ubi are the bad guys, they should have named it:
Assassins Creed - ONLY EZIO'S Revelation.
?
<sarc>
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree that it's his story and his ending, I won't dispute that. But the title itself, as I tried to point out sets up a false prescedent. The fans of the series had up until the point the game was announced, been pretty much dying for answers of some kind. So when the game was announced to be called "Revelations" do you find it suprising that the fanbase thought the title would deliver fully on that premise? I don't think so.

Reading into a title is precisely the point. Why call it Revelations? I've said that before somewhere else but it's a good point.

But look, it's like everyone is arguing in circles. I for one still enjoyed the game even though I felt personally underwhelmed that the revelations weren't really true revelations as implied by the title. See what i'm saying? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

r4inm4n1991
12-16-2011, 12:57 PM
Hi guys, i tryed to read all the comments but i got sick of all the whining people so ill just ask you something and if it already been answered im sorry. So, could you explain Ezio's ending?
I got very confused in the transition Ezio to Jupiter.

mustash
12-16-2011, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by r4inm4n1991:
Hi guys, i tryed to read all the comments but i got sick of all the whining people so ill just ask you something and if it already been answered im sorry. So, could you explain Ezio's ending?
I got very confused in the transition Ezio to Jupiter.

As far as I can make out as it's a little unclear to me as well, Ezio comes into contact with Altairs apple, understands that he is about to commune with Desmond again and begins talking about his life. Then, when he tells Desmond to listen, he conveys the message inside that particular apple to Desmond. Perhaps it's a vision that Ezio is having whilst Desmond observes it as that would make sense. Or maybe i've intepretted it wrong but that's my best guess http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Inorganic9_2
12-16-2011, 01:08 PM
No matter what anyone says, there was a distinct lack of Revelations. The only real revelation was about the grand temple and what is contained there. Nothing else.

mustash
12-16-2011, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
No matter what anyone says, there was a distinct lack of Revelations. The only real revelation was about the grand temple and what is contained there. Nothing else.

I agree but i'd argue that the clarification that Jupiter, Minerva and Juno were the key figureheads of trying to find out how to save the world could count as a particularly weak revelation. But other then that, there's nothing. The fact that people keep insisting that finding out the final chapter of Ezios life is somehow a Revelation, or that the novel about Altair in game form is again, somehow a revelation shows that they don't really understand what a revelation is. But I digress...

Assassin_M
12-16-2011, 01:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:

I agree but i'd argue that the clarification that Jupiter, Minerva and Juno were the key figureheads of trying to find out how to save the world could count as a particularly weak revelation. But other then that, there's nothing. The fact that people keep insisting that finding out the final chapter of Ezios life is somehow a Revelation, or that the novel about Altair in game form is again, somehow a revelation shows that they don't really understand what a revelation is. But I digress... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Its not the game`s fault that you, and others, misinterpret the word "Revelations"

mustash
12-16-2011, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mustash2003:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:

I agree but i'd argue that the clarification that Jupiter, Minerva and Juno were the key figureheads of trying to find out how to save the world could count as a particularly weak revelation. But other then that, there's nothing. The fact that people keep insisting that finding out the final chapter of Ezios life is somehow a Revelation, or that the novel about Altair in game form is again, somehow a revelation shows that they don't really understand what a revelation is. But I digress... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Its not the game`s fault that you, and others, misinterpret the word "Revelations" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You want to get pedantic and condescending? Fine.

You're right, it's my and other's fault....oh no wait, no it isn't. Here, maybe you missed this

revelations plural of rev·e·la·tion (Noun)
Noun:

A surprising and previously unknown fact, esp. one made in a dramatic way.
The making known of a secret or the unknown.

Yeah...it's mine and others mistake alright.

Animuses
12-16-2011, 02:08 PM
Its not the game`s fault that you, and others, misinterpret the word "Revelations" The game provided closure, not revelations.

mustash
12-16-2011, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Animuses:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
Its not the game`s fault that you, and others, misinterpret the word "Revelations" The game provided closure, not revelations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. Thank you

Assassin_M
12-16-2011, 02:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mustash2003:

Its not the game`s fault that you, and others, misinterpret the word "Revelations" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right, it's my and other's fault....oh no wait, no it isn't. Here, maybe you missed this

Noun:

Yeah...it's mine and others mistake alright. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I suggest we keep this conversation at a mature level.
I`d like to ask: what did you want revealed ?

@Animuses The game does provide revelations, you refuse to accept that simply because of you expecting the game to be something it never said it was..

Animuses
12-16-2011, 02:15 PM
@Animuses The game does provide revelations, you refuse to accept that simply because of you expecting the game to be something it never said it was..
Nice assumption there. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Actually I wasn't expecting any kind of revelations nor did I think the game needed any. Once the plot was first discussed I knew the game would provide closure, but the thing is... the title is misleading. You just refuse to accept that.

Assassin_M
12-16-2011, 02:20 PM
Nice assumption there. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Actually I wasn't expecting any kind of revelations nor did I think the game needed any. Once the plot was first discussed I knew the game would provide closure, but the thing is... the title is misleading. You just refuse to accept that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I do not tolerate sarcasm. I find it childish and unnecessary.
The title is in no way misleading; the game has provided Revelations, you are the one who refuses to accept them as "Revelations".

mustash
12-16-2011, 02:22 PM

Noun:

@Animuses The game does provide revelations, you refuse to accept that simply because of you expecting the game to be something it never said it was.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fine with me friend http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif What I would have liked revealed would have been what subject 16 made of the things he had discovered. In fact, he seemed pretty urgent in Brotherhood to get a message across to Desmond, but the instant that he has the opportunity to talk to him, he says not much about anything. So that would have been nice and revelatory.

I would have also have liked clarification about the potential motives of TWCB. We understand given the little hints with Minerva that they were a divided people over the future of the human race. So, revelations about motives, goals and such would have been nice and given a fresh take on the long term narrative and backstory.

Lucy. That's a big one, lucy was outright murdered by Juno. Answers would have been nice. Again, it could have tied into the long term goals of TWCB.

Erudito. This organisation in the modern day that appears to be aiding the assassins. Who are they? What are their goals?

The modern day templars. Whilst we gathered a lot about what they are up to in the multiplayer story, nothing revelatory about how they gathered that information from TWCB has really come to light. As a matter of fact though, that was handled rather well in the multiplayer, the revelations that came to light there.

I can't think of any more for now but that'll do, don't want to waffle on with myself.

Animuses
12-16-2011, 02:24 PM
The title is in no way misleading; the game has provided Revelations, you are the one who refuses to accept them as "Revelations".
If you say so, Mr. Justification.

Assassin_M
12-16-2011, 02:26 PM

Noun:

@Animuses The game does provide revelations, you refuse to accept that simply because of you expecting the game to be something it never said it was.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fine with me friend http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif What I would have liked revealed would have been what subject 16 made of the things he had discovered. In fact, he seemed pretty urgent in Brotherhood to get a message across to Desmond, but the instant that he has the opportunity to talk to him, he says not much about anything. So that would have been nice and revelatory.

I would have also have liked clarification about the potential motives of TWCB. We understand given the little hints with Minerva that they were a divided people over the future of the human race. So, revelations about motives, goals and such would have been nice and given a fresh take on the long term narrative and backstory.

Lucy. That's a big one, lucy was outright murdered by Juno. Answers would have been nice. Again, it could have tied into the long term goals of TWCB.

Erudito. This organisation in the modern day that appears to be aiding the assassins. Who are they? What are their goals?

The modern day templars. Whilst we gathered a lot about what they are up to in the multiplayer story, nothing revelatory about how they gathered that information from TWCB has really come to light. As a matter of fact though, that was handled rather well in the multiplayer, the revelations that came to light there.

I can't think of any more for now but that'll do, don't want to waffle on with myself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You need to understand that this is not the final AC game, Its been said that ACR wont answer all the questions.
Although I do agree on the Lucy part, It should`v been said why she had to die, but Im pretty sure its just because TWCB wanted to remove any distraction to Desmond..

mustash
12-16-2011, 02:27 PM
If you say so, Mr. Justification. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey man, it's probably not worth getting a word of warning from the mods. If you percieve him as not being particular civil or whatever it may be, it might be best to rise above it.

Back on topic, the whole back and forth about whether the revelations are in fact revelations either stems from the fact that people cannot or will not look into the definition, or that the revelations that were provided were unsatisfactory. I stand on the side that says they aren't revelations by definition AND personal opinion that the closure wasn't that satisfying.

mustash
12-16-2011, 02:29 PM

Noun:

I can't think of any more for now but that'll do, don't want to waffle on with myself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You need to understand that this is not the final AC game, Its been said that ACR wont answer all the questions.
Although I do agree on the Lucy part, It should`v been said why she had to die, but Im pretty sure its just because TWCB wanted to remove any distraction to Desmond.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See, here's the problem. For a game entitled "Revelations", there sure is a shed load of speculation surrounding the saga. In fact, there may even be more then there was at the end of Brotherhood. We got closure on Altair and Ezio...the franchise is set up for AC3. But nothing revelatory has been truly gleamed from the game and that's where I and others take issue. It has nothing to do with it not being the last game, it has everything to do with the title, the hype, the ubisoft pr and developer questions that led us on and the expectations from the fanbase after 3 whole games of nothing but questions.

Assassin_M
12-16-2011, 02:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:

Hey man, it's probably not worth getting a word of warning from the mods. If you percieve him as not being particular civil or whatever it may be, it might be best to rise above it.

Back on topic, the whole back and forth about whether the revelations are in fact revelations either stems from the fact that people cannot or will not look into the definition, or that the revelations that were provided were unsatisfactory. I stand on the side that says they aren't revelations by definition AND personal opinion that the closure wasn't that satisfying. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I much prefer this, than outright perceiving your opinion as fact..

mustash
12-16-2011, 02:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:

Back on topic, the whole back and forth about whether the revelations are in fact revelations either stems from the fact that people cannot or will not look into the definition, or that the revelations that were provided were unsatisfactory. I stand on the side that says they aren't revelations by definition AND personal opinion that the closure wasn't that satisfying. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I much prefer this, than outright perceiving your opinion as fact.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fair enough, but I wasn't insisting nor did I imply that my opinion was fact.

value_zero
12-16-2011, 02:33 PM

And i found you no sense of humor type.

mustash
12-16-2011, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by value_zero:

And i found you no sense of humor type. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's the internet friend, often times sarcasm comes across as a personal attack. Even in real life, people find it offensive as if it's meant derogatory.

value_zero
12-16-2011, 02:40 PM
One sarcastic joke wont do any harm.

mustash
12-16-2011, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by value_zero:
One sarcastic joke wont do any harm.

I agree, but heh http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Assassin_M
12-16-2011, 02:47 PM

I wasnt referring to you, friend..
As a matter of fact, you are the only who made sense in this conversation..

value_zero
12-16-2011, 02:49 PM
The ONLY one http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ProdiGurl
12-16-2011, 02:51 PM

That may be true considering how much certain fans knew and didn't know - and what they assumed would/should be answered yet weren't.

I for one learned things bcuz I haven't been as perceptive on heavier details of the story.
Alot of this was news to me & most likely many other fans.

I can agree that more could have been revealed, sure. But that's a far cry from some of the complaints I see - as if Ubi's ripping people off & lying about the title, etc.

When Ubi puts out an official Trailer to announce what's going to be revealed, and then delivers on those 'revelations' for Ezio in his final journey, I just can't knock them.

But I can agree that there was some weak writing going on w/ the story with more that could have been done. That's a separate argument/ accusation.

As long as they made gameplay fun (which it was for me), I'm content to wait for AC3's continuation of the story.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

mustash
12-16-2011, 02:54 PM

As a matter of fact, you are the only who made sense in this conversation.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh....well, completely disregard what I said http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Assassin_M
12-16-2011, 02:54 PM

As a matter of fact, you are the only who made sense in this conversation.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh....well, completely disregard what I said http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sure..

SupremeCaptain
12-16-2011, 03:25 PM
Whats happening now is just Whining, at first it was tolerable, but now its just plain Ignorant !!
How can someone who doesnt know who Those who came before were come out here and start a rant about how he was "robbed" ?

Wrong person, pal.

TC doesn't know Those Who Came Before were, whilst I feel robbed.

Most people who thought this game had Revelations only mistaken them for plot points.

Those who say "This is Ezio's Revelations, not ours." are... I just can't find a word... how can you be so... lost?

Anyway I'm done. I tried to resist posting again, sorry.

Assassin_M
12-16-2011, 03:40 PM

Wrong person, pal.

Most people who thought this game had Revelations only mistaken them for plot points.

Those who say "This is Ezio's Revelations, not ours." are... I just can't find a word... how can you be so... lost?

Anyway I'm done. I tried to resist posting again, sorry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You should be a man, and actually stop posting instead of just saying so..

SupremeCaptain
12-16-2011, 03:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SupremeCaptain:

Wrong person, pal.

Anyway I'm done. I tried to resist posting again, sorry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You should be a man, and actually stop posting instead of just saying so.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

... What?

misterB2001
12-16-2011, 03:49 PM
listening to the Devs and reading interviews beforehand, it was always going to be about closure in Ezios & Altair life. Anyone who thought there would be many modern day revelations were mistaken, or simply didn't hear/read the Devs interviews.

I would say there were one or two revelations (by the defenition of the word), but not as many as i originally expected.

ProdiGurl
12-16-2011, 03:50 PM

I'm not the one who's lost here, I have the Official Trailer that tells me exactly what Ezio's seeking and what ACR is about.

Now if you dislike what the "revelations" are, fine. But you did have a Trailer presented to give you a clue as to what it was about.
That can't be Ubi's fault when they answered those questions.

And I'll repeat the same thing again, AC3 is about Desmond & his 'truths' and job to do.
THAT is where your questions are more fitting to be answered if you actually follow the storyline.

Not at the end of an Assassin's Trilogy who's journey is ending & closing out.

I'd suggest renting AC3 if people are this heartbroken about not having AC fully explained and finalized to their satisfaction.
Oh & trade your games in too while they're worth more. Maybe you won't feel as harmed.
?

SolidSage
12-16-2011, 06:05 PM
This keeps going on. So many people mad that ACR didn't give them them what they expected. The Revelations weren't grand enough I guess.

Here's one of the quality that should appeal to the naysayers...Santa's not real! It's your parents that bought those gifts. Now go wash up and get ready for bed.

Sorry, but this discussion is getting SO mundane. Okay, ACR didn't reveal enough for you, regardless of the long lists of new story information, none of that counts as actual Revelations because, well, because YOU said it doesn't. Good, message received loud and clear. Are we done with this now? Can we discuss something less polarizing or does it always have to be such extreme negativity that then gets levelled at those who don't share the opinion?

LightRey, Prodigurl, Assassin M, others, I applaud you for trying to reason it out. And I also admire your ability to accept ACR for what it is, a good game in a great series, MORE of what we liked originally. It really isn't that different when it comes down to game play, which is really the heart of it isn't it?

Jog on haters.

mustash
12-16-2011, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by SolidSage:
This keeps going on. So many people mad that ACR didn't give them them what they expected. The Revelations weren't grand enough I guess.

Here's one of the quality that should appeal to the naysayers...Santa's not real! It's your parents that bought those gifts. Now go wash up and get ready for bed.

Sorry, but this discussion is getting SO mundane. Okay, ACR didn't reveal enough for you, regardless of the long lists of new story information, none of that counts as actual Revelations because, well, because YOU said it doesn't. Good, message received loud and clear. Are we done with this now? Can we discuss something less polarizing or does it always have to be such extreme negativity that then gets levelled at those who don't share the opinion?

LightRey, Prodigurl, Assassin M, others, I applaud you for trying to reason it out. And I also admire your ability to accept ACR for what it is, a good game in a great series, MORE of what we liked originally. It really isn't that different when it comes down to game play, which is really the heart of it isn't it?

Jog on haters.

You realise that critics serve a purpose, they highlight the flaws within a piece of entertainment or what have you in the hopes that it will improve for the better. Haters and critics are not one and the same, quite frankly i've only seen a few haters and they were trolls. The rest are well reasoned opinions that while maybe not popular here are at least informed. But hey, you're being derogatory in part anyway.

No one is saying here that Revelations is a bad game, it isn't, it's one of the better games this year. There is just a lot of people who feel let down by the story after brotherhood's ending when they expected answers. You wouldn't berate say, someone who watches Star Wars:The Empire Strikes Back and not expect the Empire to get revenge? (forgive the example) So why is it with the title Revelations that when some see it as not fullfilling it's name sake that its's suddenly all about "expectations".

Anyway, this thread started out as someone wanting clarification about what was actually revealed and some disappointment about what he thought might be revealed and turned into this. A back and forth about whose opinion is the most right and that can't be won. It's clear we all care about the game enough http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

value_zero
12-17-2011, 01:10 AM

You should be a man, and actually stop posting instead of just saying so..

... What? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, i had the exact same reaction, its like he was trying to tell you - RUN, i didnt make it, but you can !

SolidSage
12-17-2011, 02:23 AM
@Mustache
Your right, and the haters can jog on.

Criticism often gets cited as an excuse, for being insulting and nasty. I'm going to talk to 'those' types in their language. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif
If you're not like that, I'm not talking to you.

Other people like a healthy argument, I'm cool with that. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

If the guy walked out of the theatre after Empire and said, "I got ripped off, that was pitiful, Lucas is a thieving suckbutt, lazy, worthless, rantrantrant...", I would feel obliged to tell him he was "off his head"...and tie his shoelaces together. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

ProdiGurl
12-17-2011, 03:00 AM
You realise that critics serve a purpose, they highlight the flaws within a piece of entertainment or what have you in the hopes that it will improve for the better.

But it's not valid or accurate criticism when their argument is false / wrong. That helps noone and does nothing good.

Another Poster here said that the AC devs had also relayed that the Revelations revolved around Ezio & his life.

This is nothing more than fan-based demand to have their questions answered & having tantrums when they didn't get what they wanted. (from my viewpoint w/ a few posts I've seen from what I consider haters)

There was no false advertising done here. That Trailer is proof - AC delivered what it promised.

If they gave those answers fans are seeking, it might well spoil the AC3 story for all we know while they get beat up in the meantime.

I think people need to calm down over this game series or something.
I fell out of love w/ Halo pretty early on for a few reasons - it happens. I didn't lose sleep over it or fester. They went one direction, I went another.
I didn't get on their forums & start bashing the company. Other fans enjoy Halo, great.

Michelasso
12-17-2011, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by Riften:

No offense or anything, but It seems you don't have a clue about the story.

TWCB - Those Who Came Before (If you don't know who they are that just furthers my point of the knowledge you have of the series)

Desmond didn't kill Lucy on purpose, Juno made him, why? we don't know yet, that's for Desmond to find it.

Like the others said Revelations is Ezio's final chapter and HIS revelations not Desmond's.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_...orm_images/blank.gif (http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/ver1.3.7.9900/platform_images/blank.gif)
Also they are not milking the series, we knew that the main games in the series will be a trilogy and the rest a continuation of Desmonds ancestors story's.

I played the first 3 games in Italian, sorry if I am not used to an English acronym! Native English speakers assume a little bit too much. We already make the effort to speak fluently a second language, don't expect us to know everything just because we post here in English.

As for the other answers, you explained it well yourself: the most intriguing story was why Desmond had to kill Lucy (was pushed to, whatever. He killed her). That hasn't been revealed. Which is totally disappointing.

As for Ezio's final chapter. Where? One has to download "AC: Embers" to know what really happened to Ezio. The only clue the game gave is that Ezio resigned and probably Sofia became his lover.

The only revelations, if any, have been about Altair. But not even that. This game was could easily be called "AC: Altair epilogue". What I know is that I am still stuck being clueless about Desmond abd the modern Assassins, Ezio's life journey terminates in a short movie with the game just giving a clue that he felt finally in love again with a Venetian lady and he could have been lucky.

Everything related to Costantinople's story was just a plot made up to fit yet another game. It could as well be Beijing. Actually that would have been much more interesting since the Polo were involved. The 5 keys could have been dislocated on the "silk route" making the game much more fun then jumping from a mosque to another (not to mention giving us back the lovely horses!). We had been in the Middle East already in AC 1 anyway and Constantinople to be honest has been plain boring.

ProdiGurl
12-17-2011, 03:33 AM
@ Michell.

Did we play the same game?

Everything related to Costantinople's story was just a plot made up to fit yet another game. It could as well be Beijing.

Um.. Ya. well no kidding . . that goes for ANY game and the Location they choose.
?
Rome could as well have been China too......

As for the other answers, you explained it well yourself: the most intriguing story was why Desmond had to kill Lucy (was pushed to, whatever. He killed her). That hasn't been revealed. Which is totally disappointing. .

Here's where I'll repeat my Twilight analogy - you might as well say every Twilight movie sucks and is disappointing becuz none of them so far have told us how it ends.

AC3 is on the way and I'm strongly suspecting that is where ALL these questions get answered.
You wanted different "revelations" than what were advertised.
That's your fault not theirs.

Michelasso
12-17-2011, 03:37 AM

What I find nauseating is the arrogance of some people pretending that to know this game one has to play it in English. Actually Ubi recommended to play the first 2 chapters of Ezio in Italian. So, what's the REAL name of your "TWCB" (God if I hate acronyms. English is already a short language, what's this nasty need of making an acronym out of everything!). I bet you don't know. Talking about "ignorance".

But since I am a very nice guy I'll tell you: Coloro che vennero prima. You can bet that no one in Italy would have the awful taste to short it in "CCVP".

CRUDFACE
12-17-2011, 03:54 AM
@ Michell.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Everything related to Costantinople's story was just a plot made up to fit yet another game. It could as well be Beijing.

Um.. Ya. well no kidding . . that goes for ANY game and the Location they choose.
?

As for the other answers, you explained it well yourself: the most intriguing story was why Desmond had to kill Lucy (was pushed to, whatever. He killed her). That hasn't been revealed. Which is totally disappointing. .

Here's where I'll repeat my Twilight analogy - you might as well say every Twilight movie sucks and is disappointing becuz none of them so far have told us how it ends.

AC3 is on the way and I'm strongly suspecting that is where ALL these questions get answered.
That's your fault not theirs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While I don't want to get into this too much, a place should be there because it needs to, or works with the story itself. Like without it, or not having the right one, the story falters.

Personally, I like Constantinople as a place for a game. Especially how the Byzantines played into it...don't get why we still upgraded shops and not even in the same way it was talked about, but whatever.

eagleforlife1
12-17-2011, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by SolidSage:
@Mustache
Your right, and the haters can jog on.

Criticism often gets cited as an excuse, for being insulting and nasty. I'm going to talk to 'those' types in their language. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif
If you're not like that, I'm not talking to you.

Other people like a healthy argument, I'm cool with that. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

If the guy walked out of the theatre after Empire and said, "I got ripped off, that was pitiful, Lucas is a thieving suckbutt, lazy, worthless, rantrantrant...", I would feel obliged to tell him he was "off his head"...and tie his shoelaces together. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

I don't want to get into an argument but nobody on here has been either insulting or nasty apart from yourself and Assassin_M. It's as if nobody else is allowed an opinion unless it coincides with yourself or LightRey.

Also, why do you assume that because somebody has a different opinion to you that they must hate the game; they are complaining because they love the game and want it to be the best that it can be. And you're not a moderator so stop telling others to jog on; they have just as much right to be on this forum as you have.

I don't understand why, assuming we're all adults here, can't accept to agree to disagree with one another and talk about other things.

Michelasso
12-17-2011, 04:13 AM
@ Michell.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Everything related to Costantinople's story was just a plot made up to fit yet another game. It could as well be Beijing.

?

That's your fault not theirs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry mate, but he is Ezio Auditore da Firenze. How in Earth could Firenze be replaced? As for Venezia, Roma, Monterrigioni, etc. Venezia was there to follow Leonardo (who went there). Monteriggioni was the villa of Auditore family. Roma.. well, a game about Templars, De Medici family and all Italian Rinascimento without including Roma? THAT would have been a non sense.

Constantinople instead came out of nowhere. It's there just because the Polo lived there few years. But the Polo are not even related to Ezio, they are related to Altair. Ezio's life instead ends up meeting an Assassin girl from China (so yet another question: how did the Assassin go there? But I may have lost it on the dialogues. Or Marco Polo was an Assassin himself?). So, yet again, wasn't the Silk Route much more appropriate? They could even make Ezio aging through the very long journey. Giving us a game with much more interesting things to do than to run from a Den to another to defend it.

And BTW (again): I for sure do not spend hundreds of euro to watch Twilight movies!!

Michelasso
12-17-2011, 05:05 AM
Its not the game`s fault that you, and others, misinterpret the word "Revelations"

Noun:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why Lucy has been killed as many asked already, for instance. Or even better: what is Desmond supposed to do? yes, I know: to be continued.

But that's not relevant. The real question is (which is why I started this topic): what have been the "surprising and previously unknown facts making known of a secret or the unknown"? I stress the words "surprising" and "secret". It seems to me that people defending ACR have been giving many justifications but no real answer to any question.

BTW I am trying to understand what's immature about giving the definition of a word. Unless you got offended by the little irony, still justified, from Mustash. Which would be pretty pathetic from someone calling other people "nauseating".

ProdiGurl
12-17-2011, 06:14 AM
While I don't want to get into this too much, a place should be there because it needs to, or works with the story itself. Like without it, or not having the right one, the story falters.

As I see ACR from the last ACB vantage point, I'm wondering why it had to be anywhere specific (Constant.) unless I missed some part of the dialog/story?

While I agree with you that we should be led to the next place by story line, I don't remember ACB setting up Constantinople specifically.
That's why I said it could have been anywhere.

Same w/ AC3/AC4... where people are asking where you want the next setting to be . . to me that means the location isn't set in stone by the previous story (game).

That's why I said what i did. If AC3 directly mentions London, England, then they can't very well randomly decide to do it in China.
I think that's a given.

ProdiGurl
12-17-2011, 06:20 AM
It seems to me that people defending ACR have been giving many justifications but no real answer to any question.

Becuz it wasn't created or advertised to answer THOSE questions you had. It's a demand that some fans are placing onto it and THAT is all that is being "justified". (I call it *corrected).

It's a false charge to lay onto Ubi imo, so I will defend them on that point. Fans that demand to know this when an AC3 is charted for 2012 are just being impatient and... some are being rude in bashing Ubi for something they never did wrong.

Go ahead & say I wish more revelations were given to the fans - fine. You're welcome to that opinion. I wish there was more of a few things myself, but I'm happy with what we got. I don't feel cheated any.
I had a blast playing it & love it.

Edit in:
Michel:

And BTW (again): I for sure do not spend hundreds of euro to watch Twilight movies!!

Nor should you http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

EscoBlades
12-17-2011, 06:40 AM
Wow...this thread. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Anyway, LightRey has so kindly pointed out a lot of what i'm going to say, but i'll put my own spin on these...the Revelations withint the game aren't all necessarily for the player.

- The origin and reason for being of TWCB is revealed in game.
- Desmond's mission is finally revealed
- More information about Desmon'd past is revealed
- William M(iles) is revealed to be the head of the Order at present. His relationship with his son is also touched upon. (further revelations lie within the MP section of the game, via the Abstergo video files)
- Ezio's journey comes to an end, and his true purpose (besides his actions and duties as an Assassin) is revealed
- Altair's fate, and his actions post-AC1 are revealed

I could go on. The game dropped a significant number of "Revelations" for those who bothered to soak in the information they were getting. The title was perfect in my opinion. Having played through the game a few times, i feel more confident in the direction the story is heading then i did at the end of Brotherhood.

eagleforlife1
12-17-2011, 06:52 AM
I do remember Alex Amancio saying that we should play Revelations up until the end of the game and we should have a better idea of where AC3 will take place. To be honest after watching the ending I haven't got the first clue where AC3 is due to be set.

ProdiGurl
12-17-2011, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by EscoBlades:

Anyway, LightRey has so kindly pointed out a lot of what i'm going to say, but i'll put my own spin on these...the Revelations withint the game aren't all necessarily for the player.

- William M(iles) is revealed to be the head of the Order at present. His relationship with his son is also touched upon. (further revelations lie within the MP section of the game, via the Abstergo video files)
- Ezio's journey comes to an end, and his true purpose (besides his actions and duties as an Assassin) is revealed

I could go on. The game dropped a significant number of "Revelations" for those who bothered to soak in the information they were getting. The title was perfect in my opinion. Having played through the game a few times, i feel more confident in the direction the story is heading then i did at the end of Brotherhood.

Ya thanks for this. It's nothing I expected people to even take issue with - I thought it was self explanatory.
?

Inorganic9_2
12-17-2011, 07:46 AM
If I may pick these points apart:

-The origin and reason for being of TWCB is revealed in game. - They never said where they came from and why.
- Desmond's mission is finally revealed - although we kind of knew it anyway, that was indeed a revelation
- More information about Desmon'd past is revealed - true but again, I didn't really think this was that important
- William M(iles) is revealed to be the head of the Order at present. His relationship with his son is also touched upon. (further revelations lie within the MP section of the game, via the Abstergo video files) - I don't ever remember it being said he's the head of the order. Fair enough, he was revealed to Demsond's father. Again, not that important though.

- Ezio's journey comes to an end, and his true purpose (besides his actions and duties as an Assassin) is revealed - we knew his true purpose already, being The Prophet and such. Even he knew it before. As he said in the Pythagorean vault "this wasn't meant for us"

- Altair's fate, and his actions post-AC1 are revealed - they are revealed in the books anyway.

To my mind, there's a difference between a Revelation and a point which is revealed. If I told you I'm English, that's technically a revelation, but is it really that important? to me, a revelation is a huge and changing piece of hidden information being revealed. I think this difference was played off a little unfairly.

eagleforlife1
12-17-2011, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
If I may pick these points apart:

-The origin and reason for being of TWCB is revealed in game. - They never said where they came from and why.
- Desmond's mission is finally revealed - although we kind of knew it anyway, that was indeed a revelation
- More information about Desmon'd past is revealed - true but again, I didn't really think this was that important
- William M(iles) is revealed to be the head of the Order at present. His relationship with his son is also touched upon. (further revelations lie within the MP section of the game, via the Abstergo video files) - I don't ever remember it being said he's the head of the order. Fair enough, he was revealed to Demsond's father. Again, not that important though.

- Ezio's journey comes to an end, and his true purpose (besides his actions and duties as an Assassin) is revealed - we knew his true purpose already, being The Prophet and such. Even he knew it before. As he said in the Pythagorean vault "this wasn't meant for us"

- Altair's fate, and his actions post-AC1 are revealed - they are revealed in the books anyway.

To my mind, there's a difference between a Revelation and a point which is revealed. If I told you I'm English, that's technically a revelation, but is it really that important? to me, a revelation is a huge and changing piece of hidden information being revealed. I think this difference was played off a little unfairly.

Well said.

mustash
12-17-2011, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by EscoBlades:

Oh I know, people with other opinions are just DREADFUL aren't they. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

The "Revelations" presented in this game are disputable based upon how much you had been following the narrative of the entire saga, including books, comics, previous DLC's for the games and more.

Not true. If you are alluding the multiplayer dossier that says they are a native species, that same dossier does not say the REASON for being. I'm very curious what information leads you to that statement, perhaps I missed something.

- Desmond's mission is finally revealed To him. To us? What we know is he needs to go into the grand temple/central vault and do.....something, to save the world. Not even really clarified is it? And to call it a revelation would be to ignore what Minerva said at the end of AC2.

Agreed, I was actually satisfied we got some backstory here. Not satisfied with the way it was presented mind http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Agreed again, this was actually a revelation.

See end of AC2 for Ezio's purpose. And it's not even technically the end of his journey, that's revealed in Embers.

The book revealed most of that.

Glaringly missing from this list is revelations we pretty much needed from the last game
-Juno, antagonistic or not?
-Lucy, why was she killed?
-The way, keeps getting mentioned, noone clarifies what that even is
-Eve, finding her seemed pretty important and nothing was even said of her this time around
-Erudito, mystery organisation that is supposedly helping the assassins....what else do we know again?
Subject 16, had ants in his pants to tell Desmond something pretty important but when the chance arrives, is like "Hey bud, sup, nice weather huh?"

Those are loose thread just from Brotherhood alone. Nevermind the long term mysteries in the plot. I wasn't expecting every answer, that would be rediculous, just enough major ones to warrant its title. I disagree that it did.

We have our opinions on what the title did and did not do well but to say that "a significant number of "Revelations" for those who bothered to soak in the information they were getting" is quite obviously not the case. It's clear plenty have seen the information and deduced either they were details of the story and not revelations and/or they were unsatisfying from their point of view. Not that people couldn't be bothered to analyse the purported revelations.

MCRMJ
12-17-2011, 08:37 AM
Most of the things revealed in the game were pretty kind of expected from the previous entries.

William M is revealed to be the leader of the modern day assassin's, true, but then you could make an educated guess at that from ACB. The same with most of the other things.

The only thing that surprised me was the inclusion of a new TWCB.

I would class a revelation as something akin to Subject 16's writing on the walls or maybe The Truth video in AC2. Totally unexpected moments that reveal major plot points.

I do think the developers considered the FMV at the end of the game to be a big shocking reveal, but all it did was visualise something that had been discussed earlier in the series.

For me, I actually think the game would have been far better suited if it had kept the title from before the 3DS transfer. The Lost Legacy would be far more fitting to this entry.

They could have then added the Revelations sub title to Assassin's Creed 3 as in all likely hood, everything that people want to know will get revealed in that game.

Michelasso
12-17-2011, 08:50 AM
Go ahead & say I wish more revelations were given to the fans - fine. You're welcome to that opinion. I wish there was more of a few things myself, but I'm happy with what we got. I don't feel cheated any.
I had a blast playing it & love it.

Ok, I go further than that: I have been sick already from AC II that any game ended leaving far too many (new) open questions, and as fan it started making me disliking the series as a whole (*). The open ending in AC I has been often criticized by reviewers as well. So much that I bought ACB Platinum and I wanted to do the same with ACR. Only that the copy I bought for my brother was in English only so I had to keep it for myself. I played hoping it was the last one, since I knew the trilogy ended it (intended as the Ezio's trilogy. But Ubi redefined the meaning of trilogy as well. AC III won't make a trilogy, will make a 5th game!!). As we know now, no chances.

So I am double upset (to use an understatement) with Ubisoft: first because being on Blu Ray there was no need to not include all main EU languages in the disk. I don't see why one has to spend up to 70 even 75 euro to play a game in Italian while in UK they cost 50 pounds the most (60 euro). Not to mention the standard $60 (46 euro) in USA. And second because this thing about "to be continued" is really driving me mad. I am playing expensive games, not watching telenovelas (soap operas). I like/pretend to see an end in no more than 3 games.

(*) If I wasn't still a fan I wouldn't bother buying the next sequel. I will, but if it keeps going on like that I may really end it up. The gameplay needs some real restructuring as well. It is getting old.

Assassin_M
12-17-2011, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by eagleforlife1:

I don't want to get into an argument but nobody on here has been either insulting or nasty apart from yourself and Assassin_M. It's as if nobody else is allowed an opinion unless it coincides with yourself or LightRey.

Also, why do you assume that because somebody has a different opinion to you that they must hate the game; they are complaining because they love the game and want it to be the best that it can be. And you're not a moderator so stop telling others to jog on; they have just as much right to be on this forum as you have.

I don't understand why, I assume we're all adults here, can't accept to agree to disagree with one another and talk about other things.
If you consider the word "Ignorant" insulting, then I most sincerely apologize.
and I did not try to impose my opinion, I just want a valid point of argument, there seems to be none, However..

eagleforlife1
12-17-2011, 10:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:

I don't understand why, I assume we're all adults here, can't accept to agree to disagree with one another and talk about other things.
and I did not try to impose my opinion, I just want a valid point of argument, there seems to be none, However.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm, I looked back over your posts you didn't say anything insulting at all. It's my imagination. Sorry about that http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif.

I would have to say, however, that your comment on their being no valid argument is very hypocritical considering you were calling others ignorant.

LightRey
12-17-2011, 10:59 AM
I'm sorry, but since when was there a need for every (major) question posed in the previous installment to be released in its direct successor? I think it makes much more sense for most of those to be revealed in the final installment.

Btw, Juno's intentions were revealed. She worked together with Minerva and Jupiter. She's not an antagonist, rather she is more or less neutral and like Minerva and Jupiter merely interested in saving the world.

phoenix-force411
12-17-2011, 11:34 AM

This is what I have been trying to say for a long time! Thank You light rey! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

phoenix-force411
12-17-2011, 11:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">so calling it revelations without actually putting any revelations in it is perfectly fine? what revelations were there other than desmonds father being alive?

Once again, What the Revelations were to be is what eludes you.
You are ASSUMING they are your revelations that will get answered. In context, this is the end of Ezio's journey.
The title does not say that, Ezio is getting HIS revelations which the Trailer video link I included shows us.

He wanted to know HIS part in this, what the truth was . . where did Ezio say "Lead me to the truth, I want to know what happened with Lucy and Subject 16".
No, that's what YOU wanted to know.

This is nothing more than reading into the title what it doesn't say or promise.

Again, since AC3 is going to be alot more about Desmond, that is where we're most likely going to see all that related content revealed.
It wouldn't even be fitting in this chapter of Ezio's that was closing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, ProdiGurl! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif This is a really good point that you have pointed! Because we mostly play Ezio in the game, so concentrating on other revelations instead of Ezio seeking the truth or his revelations would just detract from our experience with Ezio. And they also did revealt things for Desmond, but not all of it! Revealing everything in Revelations would make other games just hot air. So people actually do need a clear minding and reminder!!! Because this is still Assassin's Creed II, were aren't done with ACII exactly Revelations is Assassin's Creed II 3.0

Assassin_M
12-17-2011, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:

and I did not try to impose my opinion, I just want a valid point of argument, there seems to be none, However.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm, I looked back over your posts you didn't say anything insulting at all. It's my imagination. Sorry about that http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif.

I would have to say, however, that your comment on their being no valid argument is very hypocritical considering you were calling others ignorant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I was talking about the argument that there exists no Revelation what so ever.as for me using the word "Ignorant" I`v already apologized..

SolidSage
12-17-2011, 12:58 PM
@Eagleo
There may not be much direct insulting going on in this particular thread, but recent activity alone is FULL of it. There are a couple of specific members, that are consistently doing it. Saying it is not happening, means you either haven't being reading a lot od the threads or you just reguse to acknowledge it.

I'm not a moderator, I don't have to be to tell someone my opinion of their opinion, and 'jog on' is relatively polite. telling me not to say it is you acting like a moderator though. In fact, your response to my response really casts you in the same role as me, so, er, yeah, think about that.

Anyway, Lightrey, M and Prodigurl, have been some of the more vocal supporters of ACR, and are about as positive and fair about it as yiu can get. I've witnessed their interaction in debates and from my perspective, they aren't the ones responsible for the decent into madness that has been occuring. Not holding their tongue and standing by while 'people with issues' act out is what I respect about them. That's a huge issue with society these days, standing by and watching but doing nothing while civility is eroded and the world become a cess pool of hostility and poor manners.

I certainly don't think players with opposing opinions to mine are wrong or stupid. Their opinions are valuable and often correct. Those thinking players are not spouting redundant and moronic statements about how 'evil, lazy, greedy, vile, etc etc' Ubi and the devs are. Or how fans that enjoyed ACR are runining the series and are just suck butts etc. Those kind of comments are foul sir, and I will call it as I see it.

Thanks for your feedback.

eagleforlife1
12-17-2011, 01:07 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SolidSage:
@SolidSage
I have read a lot of the forums. However, there have been no insults used on this thread so why pick on the people on this thread to insult; even if they had been insulting two wrongs don't make a right.

SolidSage
12-17-2011, 01:11 PM
@Eagle
That was fast.
Who am I picking on in this thread? I told the haters to jog on? If they aren't here, it didn't happen.

I will concede that, due to the amount of activity in this forum, it is easy to continue a train of thought on into another thread, especially when a similar debate springs up that has already had so much negative and derogatory commenting going on.

I don't claim to have no accountability in exasperating the situation.

eagleforlife1
12-17-2011, 01:20 PM
@SolidSage
It was more your patronising quote where you told those who have a different opinion to you that 'Santa's not real! It's your parents that bought those gifts. Now go wash up and get ready for bed.' I just found that a bit unnecessary.

SolidSage
12-17-2011, 01:33 PM
@Eagle
You're right, that was a bit unSage like. I apologize to who it was aimed at.

All the text, sometimes I get the wrong impression of what is being said. I reread a t260z post the other night and realized my initial response was to an argument he hadn't made, so I had to eat some crow on that one too.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

jmk1999
12-18-2011, 11:35 AM
if this topic can't get back on track in a civil matter, it WILL be closed. just forewarning... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif