PDA

View Full Version : The lie that is champion status

UrielManX7
08-17-2018, 08:40 PM
https://i.imgur.com/aPDsSEr.png

ChampionRuby50g
08-17-2018, 11:35 PM
Iím no math wiz, but if what you are saying is true and the champ status bonus doesnít stack when multiple players have it, thatís a serious issue. It should stack, and always should have. Wouldnít be surprised if this is intentional from Ubisoft.

CandleInTheDark
08-17-2018, 11:45 PM
You are assuming that everyone starts with the same base reward, this isn't true. Reward is based on match performance, you're not getting 20% of your base reward but 20% of theirs. My guess is that the figure you circled as being from others is the total that you get from all of them.

UrielManX7
08-18-2018, 12:48 AM
You are assuming that everyone starts with the same base reward, this isn't true. Reward is based on match performance, you're not getting 20% of your base reward but 20% of theirs. My guess is that the figure you circled as being from others is the total that you get from all of them.

I doesn't matter how much xp the others made, because all they are giving me is a bonus to MY xp, which it should be 20% for each other person with the status. Same way my xp doesn't matter to them, because I'm giving them just a bonus to THEIRS.
And besides, just looking at that the game can't even do basic math and calculate correctly my 40% and the first 20% is reason enough to point this.
I also made this after feeling something was off on the xp gains, I payed more attention since is rare to be paired with other 3 ppl with it, so after a few times I felt something was off I decided to do the math. I never noticed before because I never bothered with it, since I always thought it was a waste of steel, Turns out I was right all along.

BUT, in case you're right, it would be the most ludicrous and convoluted way to do this (not to mention misleading and therefore a plain scam if you talk about ppl that bought the status with purchased steel). It's more logical all bonuses are applied to each individual xp. Let's also remember we are talking Ubisoft here, definitively not the greatest game publisher out there; this wouldn't be the first or the last bug/bad design thing in one of their games so, there's no "benefit of the doubt" here.

TSCDescon
08-18-2018, 02:13 AM
Good thing I don't waste steel on champion status.

Lol.

Haplo_Bane
08-18-2018, 03:47 AM
Yep,your right UrielMan. It does say FOR others,not FROM others. Doesn't surprise me though. I've noticed ubiSOFT is a very dodgy company. I assume they'll have a team of gambling addiction experts like EA and Activision. There is an easy solution though. Stop giving them money. Since this game I've given them a whole $10 when the farcry primal/3 package was on sale. I stopped buying Assassin Creed games and didn't buy the South Park game (which I REALLY wanted). Unfortunately there are to many *******es in american't to make their current business model viable for decades to come. Bring Back Team Shuffle.

Haplo_Bane
08-18-2018, 03:53 AM
Since when has ******* been a swear word ? Stupidbutts then ?

UrielManX7
08-18-2018, 03:59 AM
Yep,your right UrielMan. It does say FOR others,not FROM others. Doesn't surprise me though. I've noticed ubiSOFT is a very dodgy company. I assume they'll have a team of gambling addiction experts like EA and Activision. There is an easy solution though. Stop giving them money. Since this game I've given them a whole $10 when the farcry primal/3 package was on sale. I stopped buying Assassin Creed games and didn't buy the South Park game (which I REALLY wanted). Unfortunately there are to many *******es in american't to make their current business model viable for decades to come. Bring Back Team Shuffle.

For Honor is the first, and will be the last game I buy from Ubisoft.

Neon_WiDoW
08-18-2018, 04:12 AM
That really sucks. I mean I have played tons of games with everyone on my team having champion status. If this is true its a big insult to the player base...

CandleInTheDark
08-18-2018, 04:39 AM
I doesn't matter how much xp the others made, because all they are giving me is a bonus to MY xp, which it should be 20% for each other person with the status. Same way my xp doesn't matter to them, because I'm giving them just a bonus to THEIRS.
And besides, just looking at that the game can't even do basic math and calculate correctly my 40% and the first 20% is reason enough to point this.
I also made this after feeling something was off on the xp gains, I payed more attention since is rare to be paired with other 3 ppl with it, so after a few times I felt something was off I decided to do the math. I never noticed before because I never bothered with it, since I always thought it was a waste of steel, Turns out I was right all along.

BUT, in case you're right, it would be the most ludicrous and convoluted way to do this (not to mention misleading and therefore a plain scam if you talk about ppl that bought the status with purchased steel). It's more logical all bonuses are applied to each individual xp. Let's also remember we are talking Ubisoft here, definitively not the greatest game publisher out there; this wouldn't be the first or the last bug/bad design thing in one of their games so, there's no "benefit of the doubt" here.

Ok so here is what I base my take off it on (just to be clear, thinking of it I have no more proof on this than you do).

The description tells you a champion status does for you, x bonus to you, x bonus to other people. Now how I am taking that is that, taking your example, starting with 600, I then get an extra 240, everyone else, rather than the game figure out how my champion status interacts with everyone else's score, then gets 120. I have had from 400 to 700 before bonuses are apllied and have wound up with anywhere between 750 and somewhere North of 1000 after. To me, the way I took it is no more or less convoluted than your way.

I do agree that if it is meant to add a flat percentage to your reward per each person it needs looking at, but I don't think it works that way.

DefiledDragon
08-18-2018, 02:00 PM
Yeah, you're right. The bonus is actually 25%, not 40%. I checked last night after reading the OP. I played a duel against the AI, got 48xp for the fight and 12 bonus xp for champion status. Given that champion status costs steel and steel can cost real money, this is a piss poor oversight on Ubi's part.

DefiledDragon
08-18-2018, 02:51 PM
Yeah, you're right. The bonus is actually 25%, not 40%. I checked last night after reading the OP. I played a duel against the AI, got 48xp for the fight and 12 bonus xp for champion status. Given that champion status costs steel and steel can cost real money, this is a piss poor oversight on Ubi's part.

Actually scratch that, i was looking at the territory bonus compared to the champion status bonus. It was 4am or something...

120xp for the win, 48 bonus xp.

mightyeviljoe
08-18-2018, 03:45 PM
So no one from Ubisoft gonna come answer for this particular question?