PDA

View Full Version : premade groups vs randoms

SenBotsu893
08-16-2018, 07:10 PM
very nice of the devs to ignore this blatant issue with matchmaking. keep up the good work

DefiledDragon
08-17-2018, 01:37 AM
It's already hard enough to get a game without limiting the matchmaking to group v group and randoms v randoms. It would be a nightmare. I don't see why people object to this so much. There are tools in the game that allow teams to organise to a degree. It takes a press of one button to call for help and it even tells your teammates where you are, there's another button that tells everyone to group up. I don't see the issue. How is it any different from playing a game like CS:S and having 5 guys all join the same server on discord and join the same team? It's been going on since online gaming was a thing (I know, I was there). It's not an issue that needs to be fixed imo.

Devils-_-legacy
08-17-2018, 02:21 AM
I disagree I wouldn't mind waiting for a few minutes extra to go against randoms. The call for help button hardly compares to a mic lol

DefiledDragon
08-17-2018, 03:09 AM
I disagree I wouldn't mind waiting for a few minutes extra to go against randoms. The call for help button hardly compares to a mic lol

True, but people who play as a team and play with voice comms are usually people that know each other to begin with. Even on mic with randoms is a nightmare. Before the age of the permanently offended and online "bullying", voice comms was a common feature in online games, especially team based games and with randoms it was just as useful/worthless as quickchat, depending on the randoms of course.

MarshalMoriarty
08-17-2018, 03:23 AM
I don't see the issue either. A premade team will co-ordinate better but that doesn't make them better or smarter players. Its an advantage sure, but so is being randomly placed on the same team as a guy with godlike reflexes who the enemy team can't touch. If you're a good player and you play smart, you'll be able to put up some kind of show against most people.