PDA

View Full Version : Are the new warden and valk are too strong?

NikolajSlav
08-16-2018, 05:10 PM
Personally I vote yes. But what do you guys think? Was the buff a bit too much? Or are things fine and we should expect all fighters to be at their level?

David_gorda
08-16-2018, 05:27 PM
Valk isnt to strong, its annoying and good but Definetly not to strong. Warden is very strong now, maybe to strong but i think its to early to say.

PepsiBeastin
08-16-2018, 05:36 PM
Warden should either have bashes feintable at any point, OR quick recovery after feinting. Not both. At the moment a warden can feint a bash, dodge to avoid an attack, then do another bash before the opponent has even recovered yet.

PanzerShrekonin
08-16-2018, 05:41 PM
I think Valk outshines the Warden now. Wardens bash is so much easier to dodge and punish right now. Valk on the other hand has conq bash *Eyeroll* and also gets double lights off a combo. She hits extremely hard and you cant punish her shieldbash. You can if she throws out a light after the bash but there is zero way to punish her without a dodge attack. Same for conq though.

Warden has more mix ups which is the great part, but his bash is just awful right now. I miss the old one.

MumfordDaHound
08-16-2018, 05:56 PM
Warden for sure, Valk rework is soso. Took a lot away to gain a little more speed, Orochi level rework. Warden is way to much I think. Warden is just another conq. Know how you can tell which rework was better? There are 74745289364 wardens and a little more valks then there was before...

Helnekromancer
08-16-2018, 06:16 PM
Warden is very strong, bash spamming like conqueror just makes him super easy and safe to play now Warden is just a faster version of Conqueror, like if you didn't want to play Conqueror because his is slow but you knew he was really strong, don't worry we have Warden his Lite version.

Valkyrie is not that strong, just have faster top lights and more mix-ups, they removed almost all her defensive capabilities so now she has to rely on her fast top lights, or heavy into shield crush to open people up.

JaerTheBear
08-16-2018, 11:38 PM
I dont know how to feel about Valk

On paper, with all the tools she has, yeah, she can be considered too powerful

In practice, however, many players forget about her shoulder pin, crushing counter, and superior block on dodge, leaving them with shield crush and spear sweep to work with.

A very skilled Valkyrie player who makes the most of EVERY aspect of her kit, I think would be stupid powerful

however, most Valk players, thankfully, dont do this.

Warden ive always felt has been fundementally flawed because everything the warden does revolves around shoulder bash and i dont think a character should HAVE to rely on a single move in thier moveset to be viable.

That being said, his new running strike turining him into Usain bolt with a sword is annoying, his shoulderbash vortex is annoying, hearing "misurum!" or "te secabo!" every 3.5 seconds is annoying, generally everything about that character is annoying to me.

Is he overpowered though? Again, i dont know. If someone were to say yes, is it him, or that irritating shoulderbash? If you remove that, is he still to powerful, or just a basic little dominion minon (whom i find equally annoying because they ALWAYS get in the way at the most innopportune times) ?

I dont know, but i sure know that character is annoying.

Helnekromancer
08-17-2018, 12:10 AM
I dont know how to feel about Valk

On paper, with all the tools she has, yeah, she can be considered too powerful

In practice, however, many players forget about her shoulder pin, crushing counter, and superior block on dodge, leaving them with shield crush and spear sweep to work with.

A very skilled Valkyrie player who makes the most of EVERY aspect of her kit, I think would be stupid powerful

however, most Valk players, thankfully, dont do this.

Warden ive always felt has been fundementally flawed because everything the warden does revolves around shoulder bash and i dont think a character should HAVE to rely on a single move in thier moveset to be viable.

That being said, his new running strike turining him into Usain bolt with a sword is annoying, his shoulderbash vortex is annoying, hearing "misurum!" or "te secabo!" every 3.5 seconds is annoying, generally everything about that character is annoying to me.

Is he overpowered though? Again, i dont know. If someone were to say yes, is it him, or that irritating shoulderbash? If you remove that, is he still to powerful, or just a basic little dominion minon (whom i find equally annoying because they ALWAYS get in the way at the most innopportune times) ?

I dont know, but i sure know that character is annoying.

Valk also have Superior Block Light Attacks but no one uses that either. It's too risky, on console (not sure how PC fairs) with the amount of light spam, and player's with different latency, perfectly timing a dodge to get out Shoulder Pin or perfectly timing a light attack to make use of your Superior Block Lights is just not worth when you can just block.

Blocking is the safest defensive maneuver when every Hero has super armored strikes, and soft feints out the as why risk trying to dodge or use a light attack?

Buggy.Blaster
08-17-2018, 08:40 AM
At this point I think the warden and talk are not op. the reworks seem good but the talk is a bit safe and has lots of free ****, but not broken. the only broken heroes to me are 1 the conc and 2 the zerker. I think ubi did a pretty nice job on the reworks. the warden top dash heavy is a bit too far range imho.

Siegfried-Z
08-17-2018, 10:36 AM
In my Opinion Valk is very fine for 1v1 and is still a bit weak in 4v4 but she is kind of fine. Viable i would say.

Warden is without any doubts now the strongest char of the game.