PDA

View Full Version : Tribute Fix Ideas

HazelrahFirefly
08-16-2018, 04:52 PM
So in my opinion Tribute is a wonderful mode that is underplayed and I believe I know why: the respawn timers. Sometimes you have to wait 40(?) seconds to respawn and that does not feel very good at all.

This time length is in place to give the losing team a chance to take the advantage, but I believe there is a better solution. The removing of a tribute from an altar should be instant, but zoned based. In the same way that Dominion has zones there should be barriers around each tribute and if no enemy player is contending that box then the tribute can be stolen.

The areas can be a bit wide to allow playstyles such as the Shinobi, but as soon as it's free of oppnents the tribute can be stolen. The same is to be done for placing the tribute btw, instantly possible as soon as the zone is free of opposing players.

This way the respawn timer can be "normal" like in all other modes. The advantage can be taken at any moment, instead of only when players are boringly waiting to respawn.

HazelrahFirefly
08-16-2018, 09:10 PM
And here I thought I had a worthwhile idea, or at least one worth discussing.

DefiledDragon
08-17-2018, 02:02 AM
It's funny, I was playing tribute earlier today and thinking this exact thing about the timers, although I was more thinking about it from the perspective of the losing team. As I was waiting my 25 second respawn I thought "****, imagine if the other team had all 3 offerings and the countdown was on like 43 or something, by the time I've respawned and run to their zone it's game over". I think the respawns for the losers should be halved during the victory countdown.

However, I like your idea of insta-steal for unguarded offerings also.

HazelrahFirefly
08-17-2018, 12:16 PM
It's funny, I was playing tribute earlier today and thinking this exact thing about the timers, although I was more thinking about it from the perspective of the losing team. As I was waiting my 25 second respawn I thought "****, imagine if the other team had all 3 offerings and the countdown was on like 43 or something, by the time I've respawned and run to their zone it's game over". I think the respawns for the losers should be halved during the victory countdown.

However, I like your idea of insta-steal for unguarded offerings also.

Or no respawn timer at all unless executed, and then its 5 seconds. The winning team should have to defend heavily.

David_gorda
08-17-2018, 12:24 PM
I feel like you need a premade team vs another premade in tribute. Its so messy with who Is going to attack and who to defend when you play with randoms without mic. Yeah winning team gets way to long respawn time aswell IMO.

HazelrahFirefly
08-17-2018, 03:07 PM
I feel like you need a premade team vs another premade in tribute. Its so messy with who Is going to attack and who to defend when you play with randoms without mic. Yeah winning team gets way to long respawn time aswell IMO.

It can definitely be even harder to win with randoms in Tribite than Dominion. I think they need to improve the communication options. You should be able to state with prompts that you plan on defending an altar or will go attack the enemy's altars.

Halvtand
08-17-2018, 08:53 PM
1. I don't think 40 seconds is right. It's 5 for each tribute. Base respawn of 12 (?) and 3 added for executions. This is still a long time to just sit and wait, but we should have the correct figure in front of us. Also, this is in the case of your team having all tributes, A unexecuted member of the enemy team should spawn in just 12 secs.

2. I really think the idea of instant tribute-grabbing is a bad one. I see you've tried to balance it out by adding a zone to it and all that, but it really does make it extremely easy either to accidentally let an enemy steal a tribute or for someone with a hero that can control an enemy (shinobi, WL, raider...) to just push the defender out of the zone and then instantly grab the tribute. Sure, the enemy will be back on them a second later, but in some cases (like breaking) all you need is to grab the tribute. I think this is exactly why the mode is set up with a short timer to grab the tributes. You shouldn't be able to just push the defender away and get it.

3. I do think you're on to something with lower respawn timers, at least for the underdogs during breaking. Too many games have I lost watching my timer tick down one second after the game timer. It just feels hopeless. I breaking is supposed to be a frantic last chance to grab a tribute then it would only help to actually get to be on the battlefield for it.

HazelrahFirefly
08-17-2018, 09:16 PM
Hmmm, I was thinking of terms of forcing the defending team to have more than one or two players for two tributes while the other two grab the third. You've got a point though about leaving the zone so instantly by way of CC.

I often experience one or two defensive turtles guarding the altars while the other two or three players get to go for the remaining tribute. I dont know, I think I'm still ok with the instant take-outs... or maybe just the instant put-ins. It's tough to say without trying it, and that will never happen lol.

DefiledDragon
08-18-2018, 02:40 AM
Hmmm, I was thinking of terms of forcing the defending team to have more than one or two players for two tributes while the other two grab the third. You've got a point though about leaving the zone so instantly by way of CC.

I often experience one or two defensive turtles guarding the altars while the other two or three players get to go for the remaining tribute. I dont know, I think I'm still ok with the instant take-outs... or maybe just the instant put-ins. It's tough to say without trying it, and that will never happen lol.

Not so sure it will never happen. Ubi Devs have been listening to peoples suggestions for Dominion and some of them found their way into the recent event. Couple that with the fact that Tribute is pitifully underplayed and I'm pretty sure they'll be willing to take suggestions on board for how to improve it and make it more popular amongst the players.