PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer freezing

Erohw666
04-05-2011, 06:12 PM
I can't make it half way through a multiplayer game without the game just freezing on me... The sounds from the game will still play, it acts like it's still responding but I can't open my steam overlay or alt tab.. I have to alt ctrl del and end the process...

Anyone else having any issues like this? It's getting quite frustrating... I can't finish one single multiplayer game without it freezing...

Erohw666
04-05-2011, 06:12 PM
I can't make it half way through a multiplayer game without the game just freezing on me... The sounds from the game will still play, it acts like it's still responding but I can't open my steam overlay or alt tab.. I have to alt ctrl del and end the process...

Anyone else having any issues like this? It's getting quite frustrating... I can't finish one single multiplayer game without it freezing...

Erohw666
04-05-2011, 06:42 PM
I'd really like to make it through at least one multiplayer session without the game locking on me.. What's worse is there's no error messages or anything, it'll just freeze, sound and stuff will still be going off in the background... But, I can't open my steam overlay or anything...

Erohw666
04-05-2011, 07:42 PM
17 views, no suggestions? sigh...

Erohw666
04-05-2011, 08:36 PM
Really??? THIS IS GETTING REALLY GOD DAMN FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T FINISH ONE ****ING GOD DAMN ****ING MULTIPLAYER GAME WITHOUT IT JUST FREEZING, SOUND KEEPS PLAYING LIKE IT'S GOING AND THE TASK MANAGER DOESN'T SAY IT STOP RESPONDING, SO WHY THE ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IS MY GOD DAMN ****ING GAME I PAID 60 ****ING DOLLARS FOR NOT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LinKessT
04-05-2011, 08:44 PM
I had this problem, and I just fix this buying a new sound card. =/
Try to do the same or wait they send an update ^^

Erohw666
04-05-2011, 08:50 PM
So it's a sound issue? Is there any way around the freezing without having to purchase more **** to play this game?

Erohw666
04-05-2011, 09:03 PM
I just went to my motherboard manufacturers website and downloaded the latest audio drivers for it from there.. so Hopefully that can solve the issue instead of having to buy a sound card when the onboard sound works just fine.

Julveyo
04-07-2011, 07:28 AM
I've tried everything.
From fresh drivers to ancient ones, reinstalling whole system. Playing with setup of PB and Sound Card. No luck. "Realtek+PB" is a dead end.
So I bought external sound card (since I have a notebook, and not desktop) which is based on non realtek sound chip and have no more freezes at all.
I'm afraid sooner or later you will stop to try (stop playing ACBMP), or you will buy a non-realtek sound cards as the ultimate solution.

un_synapse
04-07-2011, 07:30 AM
Realtek + PunkBuster == Crash

The problem is on PunkBuster's side and the only 100% working solution is to get a new soundcard (or USB headset) and disable the onboard sound.

G3A3-senpai
04-07-2011, 01:11 PM
The easiest way to avoid the game freezing is to disable your sound card from the Device Manager and play on a headset.

Soulece
04-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Also, if your using a 360 controller, I just found out that if you click down on the left joystick, the game will freeze.