PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical Collector's Edition suggestions

Nox_29
08-16-2018, 12:23 PM
Hi everyone.

To start off, I want to make this very clear: nothing about pricing or 'editions' have been announced yet. We don't know if there will ever be something as a 'Collector's Edition'. The devs have clearly stated that you can't order the game and that there is no release date. This thread does not imply or confirm any of those things. This thread is purely hypothetical and made by a fan.

I wanted to make this thread so that we, the Anno fans, could brainstorm about what we would like to see in a Collector's Edition, if there would ever be one. This is just for fun and to share ideas.

My suggestions would be:

Digital and/or physical artbook with high-res images of concept art, promotional art, etc.
Lossless digital and/or physical collection of the complete Anno 1800 soundtrack.
A figurine of the Anno 1800 flagship.
Anno 1800 physical wallpaper.

Feel free to add your own ideas to this thread.

stylisticsagi
08-17-2018, 08:56 AM
I must say a decent figurine is something people are indeed willing to pay for.
i paid 4 times as much for sisn of a solar empire just becouse of the capital ship figurine wich was about 20cm long and 15cm high.
If it is a nice one i'd be happy to pay that for anno 1800 as well and i would far from being the only one.

v0str0yenVI
08-21-2018, 09:10 PM
Of course a nice figurine is a must, I would totally pay for that. Maybe a dedicated poster/box/ by the team would be nice too, since we love them ;-)

Rastfarian
10-02-2018, 01:17 PM
Well there is NOW a collector's Edition. When I pre-ordered it, it seems ton be all digital. I sincerely hope that the book etc is an actual hard copy on release!

v0str0yenVI
10-07-2018, 09:39 AM
The pioneer edition has physical material such as a metal box or a art book. The half collector edition (I don't remember it's name, the one that is less expensive than the pioneer, but more than the bare game) is full digital.
But sadly there is no figure :(

UbiSnout
10-10-2018, 02:29 AM
Hey Nox_29,

Those are some cool ideas! Please let us know what you would like to find in collector editions and for goodies. We will definitely give the feed back to the development team! :)

https://ubi.li/7vw9g

ANN0nymity
10-14-2018, 12:04 PM
Me and my brother always liked miniature ships. and the ships of anno where always very nice so we made them and some variants ourselfs in miniature. because it was some years ago and we were quiet little, they weren't optimal or the strongest and made out of paper, isomo and thootpics and lots of tape. It wasn't really special. But i really would like to see one of the game itself in a collectors edition or so.

Nothing better then a cool little ship on your desk to remind you of an awesome game ;)

Nox_29
10-15-2018, 10:18 AM
@UbiSnout

A lot of the things I mentioned already seem to be in the collectors edition (like the art and the music).
Other things that would be cool:

- Poster
- A figurine/model of the flagship. Some games have made real pieces of art with the figurines/models the included (thinking of games like Homeworld, Fallout, etc). Like ANNonymity said, it's nice to have something on your desk that reminds you of a good game you'll be able to play when work is done :D
- I was thinking about something from the devs themselves? If there's something they want to say to the fans, or something they want to show. Would be cool to include it.
- Something that represents the Anno Union? Could be something small. Or it could be something bigger like a collection of your favourite submissions or comments. A letter for the Union or a diary about the Union and what it meant for the development of the game.

UbiSnout
10-17-2018, 01:19 AM
Me and my brother always liked miniature ships. and the ships of anno where always very nice so we made them and some variants ourselfs in miniature. because it was some years ago and we were quiet little, they weren't optimal or the strongest and made out of paper, isomo and thootpics and lots of tape. It wasn't really special. But i really would like to see one of the game itself in a collectors edition or so.

Nothing better then a cool little ship on your desk to remind you of an awesome game ;)

That is awesome! Do you mind sharing some photos of the miniatures you made? I am sure the community would love to see them. :)

@UbiSnout

A lot of the things I mentioned already seem to be in the collectors edition (like the art and the music).
Other things that would be cool:

- Poster
- A figurine/model of the flagship. Some games have made real pieces of art with the figurines/models the included (thinking of games like Homeworld, Fallout, etc). Like ANNonymity said, it's nice to have something on your desk that reminds you of a good game you'll be able to play when work is done :D
- I was thinking about something from the devs themselves? If there's something they want to say to the fans, or something they want to show. Would be cool to include it.
- Something that represents the Anno Union? Could be something small. Or it could be something bigger like a collection of your favourite submissions or comments. A letter for the Union or a diary about the Union and what it meant for the development of the game.

I like that idea of a diary, something that could feel personal and being a true connection from game makers to players. We will pass the idea along and make sure that the devs know they are appreciated for their work, as player want to know even more about the making of it. :D

NaOH2009
11-09-2018, 06:55 PM
i really liked the 2205 moon poster, it's on my game room wall

UbiSnout
11-10-2018, 01:58 AM
i really liked the 2205 moon poster, it's on my game room wall

Nice! Wait, game room? As in "I store my collection in my game room"? I am sure the community is curious about this? Do you have an Anno collection you mind sharing? :)

stylisticsagi
11-12-2018, 06:21 PM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/KZjzzhJywEw/maxresdefault.jpg

I got the Kol battleship model from the special edition from sins of a solar empire rebllion.
It came with a metal dvd case, 2 full size posters, a mouse pad and 2 tags.
If i remembered correctly i spend 90€ on the special edition and worth every one!

I think the fanbase of anno must be quite bigger then that of sins of a solar empire so you guys must manage to do something simular right?
p.s. many of the people who enter my house are jealous of the battleship XD
p.s.2 link is not my pic but it's the same

UbiSnout
11-14-2018, 02:07 AM
Thanks for sharing! That really cool.

I don't really know Sins of a Solar Empire. I wasn't able to find the ship anywhere online. You might have a little treasure right there. :)

stylisticsagi
11-15-2018, 05:22 PM
It's called the kol battleship.
If you google it with model in search terms you will find tons of pics.
They advertised using steam so they sold quite a few.

The only thing anno could use from the game of sins of a solar empire would be a dynamic market with prices who keep changing troughout the game.
Something i really miss in all of the anno games since anno is all about economics.

If you like big empire builders but focus more on warfare give sins of a solar empire a try.
Holidays are comming so steam will put it most likely on sale anyway.

If you really want a good example of a game wich has a dynamic market and wich replayability it could offer you must definitly try offworld trading company.
It is me and my friends most popular multiplayer economy game for the past year and i am actually hoping 1800 might take it's place.

KingxOfxVoid
11-23-2018, 07:04 PM
Just for a physcial copy + some goodies id pay 60~90 $ easy