PDA

View Full Version : SCC fAiL

Tommy14101987
09-21-2010, 01:53 PM
Hi,
i bought Splinter cell C a while ago but i played the first 3 SC games before it now i want to play SCC but i doesnt start i logged in and than My screen turns black and than it goes back to my desk some 1 know what to do

Thank you for response

Tommy14101987
09-21-2010, 01:53 PM
Hi,
i bought Splinter cell C a while ago but i played the first 3 SC games before it now i want to play SCC but i doesnt start i logged in and than My screen turns black and than it goes back to my desk some 1 know what to do

Thank you for response

roelbartstra
09-21-2010, 02:11 PM
You should contact technical support, show them your specs and operating system, they will be able to help you.

You could also post it here, there is a technical guy from Ubisoft also replying on this forum.

btw, you know Conviction is the 5th installment right?
There is:
Splinter Cell (+ Mission Pack)
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Splinter Cell: Conviction

Tommy14101987
09-21-2010, 02:17 PM
I know but i bought from steam and they only offered SC/SC chaos/ Double agent and conviction
all games workt exept last 1 my specs are E8400 6 gb 2x Ati5770 on windows 7 64

KingDaniel0
09-21-2010, 03:28 PM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Tommy,

For this problem, first you need to manually edit the Game's config file, which is ConvictionUserPC.ini. Open this config file i.e. 'ConvictionUserPC.ini' with notepad, and search for the following heading/lines e.g.:

[UserVideoOptions.Your_USER.ACCOUNT_Name]
VisualQuality=2
StartupFullscreen=True
FullscreenViewportX=
FullscreenViewportY=
MaxRefreshRate=60
WindowedViewportX=
WindowedViewportY=
UseVSync=False
UseHDR=True
MonitorAspect=-1.000000......

Enter the correct values of your Desktop's screen resolution inside the 'FullscreenViewportX/Y=' lines and save this file. The above config file can be found here: C:\ProgramData\Ubisoft\Conviction\ConvictionUserPC .ini.

These Folders may be 'Hidden' under Windows, so make a note of this. First Patch the Game to the latest version, and then try entering these values. You must enter your Desktop's current Resolution values, inside the above config file.

Look under the following path i.e. C:\ProgramData\Ubisoft\Conviction\ConvictionUserPC .ini. Don't confuse this with 'C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Conviction\....'.

If the above method does not work, then kindly let me know.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tommy14101987
09-23-2010, 02:32 AM
How can i see the file i know your point but i dont know how to find the file cause its hidden

Hottracks
09-24-2010, 11:12 AM
Hey all.. Iím getting the CTD problem on running the game, just the black screen flicker and then its gone.. This is on Windows 7 64bit, but i have XP on dual boot and it runs fine there but canít get it to run on 7. Any answers to this?? Iíve tried everything.. There must a registry entry (from my 1st install which i messed up) somewhere which iím overlooking by my guess, any ideas??

My Specs:
Dell Studio 17 (1737)
C2D P8400@ 2.27Ghz
3 Gb RAM
ATI 3650 256Mb Graphics Card (Overclocked!!)
Dual Boot XP 32bit and Windows 7 64bit
Windows 7 Experience Rating of 5.3!!!

KingDaniel0
09-28-2010, 10:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tommy14101987:
How can i see the file i know your point but i dont know how to find the file cause its hidden </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

~~OK friend. I'm extremely sorry for the delay in replying back.~~

Please go through the following links given below, on how to enable Hidden Files/folders in Windows 7. They contain all the info you may need:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.co...als/tutorial151.html (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial151.html)

http://techgenie.com/latest/ho...-files-in-windows-7/ (http://techgenie.com/latest/how-to-show-hidden-files-in-windows-7/)

Actually I don't have this game with me, so I'm NOT fully sure whether the following path i.e. C:\ProgramData\Ubisoft\Conviction\ConvictionUserPC .ini is 'Hidden' under Windows 7 or not. I just told to make sure you also check the 'Hidden' folders, because some game profile, as well as Saved game locations are usually hidden. But this doesn't apply to all PC games.

So you can first try searching for this folder/path, and if you are still unable to find it, then obviously it may be hidden. Please let me know how it goes ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tommy14101987
09-30-2010, 02:28 AM
OMG i finally can play this game after 4 months thanks alote m8 youre the best http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

KingDaniel0
09-30-2010, 05:06 AM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Tommy,

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to know that your problem is finally solved, and you are able to play this Game.

I hope you enjoy SCC ?
Bye.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------