PDA

View Full Version : Ive been gone a while, how is the game now?

mrmistark
08-16-2018, 12:47 AM
As the title states, there was quite a while that Iíve been gone: since season 5 to be exact.

I kind of silently left as I was moving and with the amount of time I started spending with family chose to leave my Xbox put away. For that Iím sorry for all the friends that I just kind of left hanging on here.

Anyways, as far as console, how is the game now? I see we got 3 new characters, some reworks ect.

Are there still issues? I assume some balance issues still but just want to get yíalls opinion. Is it worth coming back?

CandleInTheDark
08-16-2018, 01:41 AM
I stopped playing on console a while back when I got a new pc but I can give a basic what's happened kind of thing.

We've had more reworks, season six was peacekeeper (which was more a nerf with some changes to her cancels so as not to break her) and orochi, season seven was warden and valkyrie, of course they have all been called op or not good enough depending on if people main them. Back dodge and side dodge recoveries have all been standardised across all characters, that's the main balancing stuff.

We've had a few new maps including three duel maps with no environmental hazards. Others have come for dominion and for deathmatch/tribute.

In October we have a few things happening. There is a new Chinese themed faction with four heroes dropping at once, there is a new siege inspired game mode and gear stats are being replaced by a perks system that devs intend to have horizontal progression as opposed to vertical, ie more options rather than more power.

dinosaurlicker
08-16-2018, 02:09 AM
Balance is more dog**** than itís ever been. Every viable hero is just 50/50 bash spam or 400ms light attack spam. Every non-viable hero has absolutely nothing, and with the October update, itís looking like that wonít be changing for a while.

Hell, a few weeks ago the devs nerfed the worst hero in the game further into the ground instead of nerfing Shaman and the rest of her copy pastes.

The main problem is that the baseline for balance was set at Shamanís level. This is a problem, because as those with brains have realized, Shaman has literally EVERYTHING in her kit. So the new reworks are coming out busted like her, and sheís NEVER been nerfed because sheís Romanís favorite

But hey letís nerf Shugokiís demonís embrace instead to make sure that he has absolutely nothing. (Yes I know itís getting reverted but the fact that this even happened says something about the devs)

The recent Warden rework is ridiculous, requiring literally 0 hero experience to play at S-tier level. If you ever fight a high rep Warden whoís at your skill level, just counterpick him with Warden even if you donít have a single rep. The skill ceiling is nonexistent for Warden, you only need better basic skills to beat high rep wardens as low rep warden (so yes all you warden mains should feel bad about yourselves)

Rather than going further in depth, letís look at it this way.

Here is the current S-tier and those that can debatabley be S-tier for CONSOLE:

Berserker (reworked)
Conq (reworked)
Warden (reworked)
Kensei (reworked)
Valkyrie (reworked) (debatable)
Orochi (reworked)
Highlander (reworked) (debatable)
Shaman

See a pattern? Almost ALL of them are reworked, and the only non-reworked hero among them was the baseline for balance during their creation

And this wouldnít be a bad thing, if it werenít for the level to which they were reworked and the manner in which that level of power was achieved.

All of them can be divided into a three categories which explain why they were poorly reworked:

1. They rely on one, highly overtuned move or ability way too excessively. They may have other moves and variety in their kit, but thereís no point in doing anything else other than spamming their one overtuned move. S-tier heroes who fall into this category are:

Conqueror (400ms oftentimes unpunishable shieldbash spam)

Warden (shoulderbash 50/50 with too much utility and is often impossible to roll out of)

2. The numbers problem. Their kit is overall in a pretty good spot but there are numbers which are overtuned and some moves that are undertuned

Orochi (400ms light spam means cancer on console, while his new stormrush is useless due to its slow speed and vulnerability, plus the dodges after combo are useless because heís shut down by blocking)

Highlander (Heís very well-rounded and balanced imo, but his dodge might be too good along with his 50/50 grab tracking, but I donít think he is OP tbh because he remains slow and everything can be rolled out of, but itís debatable)

Valkyrie (again, 400ms lights make her good, and her bash is good and an example of what bashes should be, but her lights are too fast given what else she has)

3. Oversaturated kit. They have a base which would be both strong and highly effective, yet for some reason the devs felt the need to tac on needless moves to make them stronger, resulting in a highly overpowered kit

Shaman (she has literally everything except hyperarmor, and even then she has it on the full duration of her overtuned throw, nuff said)

Kensei (he has a good versatile base but then the devs decided to change his dodge attack into an i-frame *****, when it was fine before, and the worst problem is his zone attack, they gave him hyperarmor lights, high damage lights, 400ms lights, so there was no need to give him a broken zone attack which gets spammed at high level)

Berserker (they they really gave this guy way too much, hyperarmor on EVERY attack, even 400ms lights, even when feinting a million attacks in a row, and they gave him unblockables, but decided to make the top one too easy to access, and they gave him the ability to dodge on his attack recovery, plus he could already feint into dodge and still can as far as I know)

Overall, the game uas degraded into **** mainly because of these heroes. They were all way overtuned, when they should have been put at Nobushiís level. Nobushi should have been considered the staple of balance rather than Shaman, because Shaman is busted. Nobushi is a perfectly designed hero. She has the ability to beat ANY hero if played well, but doesnít grant free wins even when played poorly like the S-tiers do. You have to play well as Nobushi, while with most of the S-tiers, you can be braindead and still win.

Idk whether you should get back into it or not, but I took the opportunity to put my 2 cents in. I think the game is going in a bad direction, but is redeemable if all heroes are nerfed/reworked/re-reworked to Nobushiís level.

Vakris_One
08-16-2018, 11:24 AM
^ That is one hella biased opinion. You make some good points but there's far too many factual innacuracies going on. Perhaps the most blatant lies are Conq, Valk, Kensei having 400ms attacks: none of these heroes have 400ms attacks. And Valkyrie at S-tier? No.

Armosias
08-16-2018, 12:39 PM
^ That is one hella biased opinion. You make some good points but there's far too many factual innacuracies going on. Perhaps the most blatant lies are Conq, Valk, Kensei having 400ms attacks: none of these heroes have 400ms attacks. And Valkyrie at S-tier? No.
Valkyrie's second and third top lights in chain are 400ms. But if one cannot react to them that's not a game issue

Charmzzz
08-16-2018, 12:43 PM

Valk has 400ms chained top Lights though. ;)

Vakris_One
08-16-2018, 12:49 PM
Valk has 400ms chained top Lights though. ;)
Well how about that. I honestly didn't notice. I stand corrected on that point then.