PDA

View Full Version : New force feedback files for FB/AEP/PF

AFJMantis
12-18-2004, 10:17 PM
Ok i Know there are some different versions of force feedback files, but for those that want another option here are a new set programmed by me.Microsoft force feedback drivers must be installed, windows default drivers will not do.Instructions are in the zip.Remember back up files before instaling.

http://home.attmil.ne.jp/a/Mantis/Mantis_feedback2.zip

AFJMantis
12-18-2004, 10:17 PM
Ok i Know there are some different versions of force feedback files, but for those that want another option here are a new set programmed by me.Microsoft force feedback drivers must be installed, windows default drivers will not do.Instructions are in the zip.Remember back up files before instaling.

AFJMantis
12-20-2004, 04:23 PM
Nice to know what you do is appreciated..sheeesh

Zeus-cat
12-20-2004, 06:01 PM
Hey, I just saw this. I think most people were complaining the Northrop thing this weekend. Look at the forum and you will see that every other post this weekend was about that.

What exactly is special about your drivers?

Zeus-cat

Zeus-cat
12-20-2004, 06:04 PM
I tried your link three times. I couldn't connect

Zeus-cat

BaldieJr
12-20-2004, 06:25 PM
Is this the RBJ Shift I've heard so much about?

T_O_A_D
12-20-2004, 06:36 PM
Yep Mantis, Locust has been telling me about it. But the link is dead http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

AFJ_Locust
12-20-2004, 07:07 PM
Hang tight people someone hacked our websight.

Mantis is working on it Asap.

Toad as soon as I get the FFB Files directaly from Mantis Ill E-Mail them too ya, not sure when thatll be tho

AFJ_Locust
12-20-2004, 07:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BaldieJr:
Is this the RBJ Shift I've heard so much about? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL no it has nothing to do with RBJ or any cheating nonsence...

There are simply Tuned & tweeked FFB files for Winxp Pro.

AFJ_Locust
12-20-2004, 07:38 PM
Update on situation

Our Webhost Provider is down for whatever reason should be back soon tho

AFJMantis
12-20-2004, 08:10 PM
Force effects have been reduced ie gun shake ect.X and Y axis spring tension is also reduced,stall shake has been tuned.I tried an alternate set that somebody else had reprogrammed but didnt like those, so i did some research and figured out how to edit them myself.Of course like most things, each person has thier own preferences, this force feedback set is tuned to my preferences, maybe others will like them maybe not.

Sabla
12-21-2004, 12:22 AM
Thanks for sharing.
I will give them a try.

Raptor_20thFG
12-21-2004, 03:25 AM
Mantis I love everthing about the settings except the loss of tension in the springs.Could you tell me which file controls that. I love the fact that when I fire nothing falls off my desk

AFJMantis
12-21-2004, 04:13 AM
The file is called Spring.ffb, you could just replace the spring file with your original backup version, or you could go into stick settings in control panel and set the recentre tension to medium instead of low.
Im assuming you have the stick drivers installed from the disk and not the windows default version.Im concerned that you say "loss of tension" as there should be enough spring tension to recentre, but not so much that you need to go to the gym six times a week just to perform a barrel roll with it.
If there is infact some recentre tension i suggest you try it for a couple of days and you will probably find that planes seem more responsive and quicker to perform a manouvre, snap shots ect.Alternately i could probably make several different spring.ffb files with varying degrees of stiffness and include them in the package.

AFJMantis
12-21-2004, 04:43 AM
Ok i just tested the package and it appears that the spring.ffb included was an incorrect match for the rest of the files (these things happen when you have ten different versions of the spring.ffb file) so here is the final version.

install it as a whole package as trying to use unmatched spring files with shake and gun files results in a big disasterous mishmash.

T_O_A_D
12-21-2004, 09:48 AM
Thanks Mantis I replied over Here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=23110283&m=2151012452&r=7111009452#7111009452) here already. It wouldm't let me Copy Paste. so I just linked it.

SKULLS_Exec01
12-21-2004, 12:48 PM
Hey Thanks alot!! Will try them when I get home tonight.
Thanks

FoolTrottel
12-21-2004, 01:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AFJMantis:

http://home.attmil.ne.jp/a/Mantis/Mantis_feedback2.zip <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will this work for non-MS FFB Joysticks?
I am using a Guillemot FFB.... Would like to try but don't want to mess it up!

Mackane1
12-21-2004, 03:24 PM
I love the reduced "gun shake" but can I have everything back to the way it was and still retain your reduced "gunshake"?

Thanks

AFJMantis
12-21-2004, 03:49 PM
FoolTrottle:the files will work for all force feedback sticks although they were tuned for MS ffb2 if you want to try them just make a copy of your force feedback folder as a backup and then you can revert back to your original settings when you want by just copying back.

Toad try searching the net for driver pakage
Sindwinder game controller software 4.0 im sure its out there somewhere.

Makane you can use just the gunshake files just restore your backup of original ffb files and just copy the "machinegun.ffb, mortar,ffb and autocannon ffb" into your forcefeedback folder.

AFJMantis
12-21-2004, 04:01 PM
I will just repeat this, these files are tuned using MS FFB2 and using the driver disk that came with the stick.If you have the proper drivers installed you can adjust your force and recentre from low to medium and high.With just the default windows drivers the forces are not adjustable and different,just worse i would say.So if you use this pakage and find the recentering a little too slack then you can just turn it up in the windows control panel with proper drivers installed.

blairgowrie
12-21-2004, 04:56 PM
I really have to compliment you on your efforts AFJMantis. After a year of frustration, I finally have my MSFFB set up the way I want it.

Like makane, I prefer the "no vibration" effect on firing guns but I also prefer the "Strong" setting for FF and Centering. I think my joystick will last considerably longer now that it no longer "jumps" off the desk.

I just wish I had your skills in understanding and using the ForceEdit program. But as long as there are stalwarts such as yourself to do it, I am more than happy to ride on your coat tail. Very much appreciated.

T_O_A_D
12-21-2004, 06:30 PM
I found teh 40 set on www.driversguide.com (http://www.driversguide.com) they work with XP and I really like how this all turned out for all of us.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif Mantis and others

Thrawn888
12-21-2004, 07:28 PM
thx for the drivers, i am very happy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

One thing tho, to all those others with MS FFB2 i dont know if u have this problem as well.

But if you alt+tab with that stick and alt+tab back into the game i notice u loose all feedback, is there a way to prevent or correct this?

AFJMantis
12-21-2004, 09:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Thrawn888:
thx for the drivers, i am very happy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

One thing tho, to all those others with MS FFB2 i dont know if u have this problem as well.

But if you alt+tab with that stick and alt+tab back into the game i notice u loose all feedback, is there a way to prevent or correct this? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately no there is no way to stop this happening .The only way i can get the force back is by landing and getting a new plane seems it reloads the FFB files with new plane.

AFJMantis
12-21-2004, 09:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by blairgowrie:
I really have to compliment you on your efforts AFJMantis. After a year of frustration, I finally have my MSFFB set up the way I want it.

Like makane, I prefer the "no vibration" effect on firing guns but I also prefer the "Strong" setting for FF and Centering. I think my joystick will last considerably longer now that it no longer "jumps" off the desk.

I just wish I had your skills in understanding and using the ForceEdit program. But as long as there are stalwarts such as yourself to do it, I am more than happy to ride on your coat tail. Very much appreciated. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You may find that with high recentre tension your stick will wear out pretty quick because of the extra load on the motors and cogs.When you pull the stick one way, the little motors are working very hard to apply opposite resistance, also the pressure on the teeth of the gears is much greater which will wear them faster and your stick will start to get sloppy sooner.

WTE_Ibis
12-21-2004, 09:45 PM
I have a sidewinder force feedback pro that was
given to me but no disc came with it.
Can the ms drivers be found on the net.
Anyone know? And is this a good stick,I don't think it works with XP though.
Thanks,Ibis

FoolTrottel
12-22-2004, 04:04 PM
I've tried them on my Guillemot FFB.
Did not like them.
Nothing seemed to be happening at all?
Or they did not work at all....
I switched back to the original ones.

Could be me, could be the stick, could be the new software.... ;-)

AFJMantis
12-22-2004, 10:03 PM
Well i told you they were designed for the MS FFB. I dont know if any of you guys actually owned a MS FFB back when it first came out back in the days of win98.Well i did i had one of the first ones on the shelf, used to work great.Then winxp came along and the same stick with winxp felt like the forces had been amplified about 5 times, what a piece of junk it is in winxp.What i have done with these files is to try to recreate the forces produced by win98, which by the way i also have installed on a different drive so i can do direct comparisons.The experience between win98 and stock FFB files, and winxp using these edited FFB files is pretty **** close. These files are for guys that remmember how MS FFB used to be and should be, and for guys that have the drivers installed from the disk with the control software that lets you make adjustments.Most of you im thinking dont bother installing the sidewinder controller software, as you say the forces are too weak.If you had the controller software installed then you would know you can adjust the force and recentre in said controller applet and make it stronger.These files are not designed for guys with no controller software, it says so clearly in the readme.

FoolTrottel
12-24-2004, 06:05 PM
Mantis,
I may have expressed myself in a too negative way.

It's not that I think you did a bad job!
Not at all!

I knew what I was getting into, I just wanted to feedback the results!

AFJMantis
12-25-2004, 06:05 AM
Im just reitterating, not blasting anyone.To be honest i have no idea how they will work on any other brand of FFB stick.