PDA

View Full Version : "Angry Game Chatter" is not a Crime,nor should Ubisoft be able to ban/suspend for it!

SendRickPics
08-14-2018, 09:07 PM
I received a notification from the automated system that I have received a 3-day suspension as of yesterday Monday the 13th, August 2018 for and I quote "Harassment" and said "harassment" being in "violation of the terms of use"

First of all I'd like to call out this farce for what it is. I am a 25 year old man and a paying ******* customer and I reserve the right to speak however I want on the internet, especially when the following is to be considered.

A: The definition of harassment is the repeat verbal, physical, or mental/emotional abuse/assault on an individual or group, oftentimes with the offending individual pursuing the "victim" to continue harassing. Seeing as this is likely in reference to an individual case, or to a several unrelated cases that are only linked by myself being the "culprit" of this fictitious "crime". I'd say that the accusation does not fit in the definition.

B: To even be "offended" by my words, one would have to go through at least 3 or more menu layers, and MANUALLY ENABLE full chat functions, and MANUALLY DISABLE the PROFANITY FILTER, which are ENABLED BY DEFAULT.

B(1) With this in mind, the "victim" of this case VOLUNTARILY left themselves open to receiving messages that may contain course language or even "hateful speech".

B(2) Even IF the "victim" of this case took issue with my speech, they have the in game menu options of MUTING ME, BLOCKING ME, or RE-ENABLING THEIR PROFANITY FILTER.

C: With points B, B(1), and B(2) in mind, I would like to establish that as I am AN ADULT, playing a RATED M FOR MATURE game, it is not Ubisoft's right, prerogative, or responsibility to moderate my speech or behavior as if I were a child, and that your "terms of service" are not applicable here, and that furthermore no "crime" against your game or community was committed that the reporting user was not voluntarily opening themselves to.

The point being, the reporting user(s) CHOSE to be able to see what I wrote, they have OPTIONS to no longer hear from me individually or to see course language at all.

This is not Harassment, this is a butthurt man-child who got spanked in a video game and then got ****-talked to by someone better then them, which is why they reported and we're having this discussion.

TL;DR: I got suspended for extreme flaming and I'm pissed, and I don't think we should allow Ubisoft or any of these "Big Gaming" corps continue to moderate our behavior insofar as we talk to each other anymore.

Mirage6201
08-14-2018, 09:13 PM
People shouldn’t have to put up with you. Talk to yourself next time. You are a classical case of a ******.

SendRickPics
08-14-2018, 09:15 PM
U sound like the problem. U blame others for your problems and expect us to live with it.

Not at all, as I said, there are VOLUNTARY measures in place. Hell chat is disabled by default and the profanity filter is enabled by default. That in and of itself should be taken into consideration, there's no reason to enable and disable options respectively if one isn't looking to get into shiet talking fights.

OreoDude94
08-14-2018, 09:18 PM
I like how you say the other player is a butt hurt man child, when that is exactly what you sound like in your rant. Be a big boy and take your punishment, nobody likes a crybaby.

Wobbleshnort
08-14-2018, 09:19 PM
He paid for the game and the chat is opt-in. It does seem wrong that there are bans over what is said in chat.

SendRickPics
08-14-2018, 09:23 PM
I like how you say the other player is a butt hurt man child, when that is exactly what you sound like in your rant. Be a big boy and take your punishment, nobody likes a crybaby.

He paid for the game and the chat is opt-in. It does seem wrong that there are bans over what is said in chat.

What Wobblehnort said.

It's opt in, and the players have the tools to restrict communication without further necessitating Ubisoft's intervention. It's asinine.

ChampionRuby50g
08-14-2018, 09:25 PM
You maybe a 25 year old man, but you’re acting like a 13 year old girl. It doesn’t matter what filters are enabled or not, it’s not hard to tell when someone is been toxic via chat even when filter is on. Sounds like a well justifed ban to me. Maybe take these days off to calm down and learn how to be a decent human being.

SendRickPics
08-14-2018, 09:29 PM
You maybe a 25 year old man, but you’re acting like a 13 year old girl. It doesn’t matter what filters are enabled or not, it’s not hard to tell when someone is been toxic via chat even when filter is on. Sounds like a well justifed ban to me. Maybe take these days off to calm down and learn how to be a decent human being.

Or maybe you should take some time to re-examine your opinion. It is not the job, right, or prerogative of a company to moderate behavior and chat. Any "Toxic Chatter" is easily filtered or blocked by the in game options when they developed and implemented into the menu systems, and while you might hurl petty attempts at insults at me, I really don't care!

Fight for your rights as a consumer or get your wallet raped by the corporate parasites.

Arekonator
08-14-2018, 09:39 PM
Regardless of that, excesive ****talk, especially if it contains sexually charged or racist slurs is against the ToS.
You know it well, you still breaked it, so dont cry that you got slap on a wrist.
3day suspension is not that much of a punishment. Also, i might be wrong, but i think they issue a simple warning first, so this means its repeated offense.
You have no one else to blame than yourself.

CandleInTheDark
08-14-2018, 09:48 PM
Funny how you say it isn't their right to do this when in using Ubisfot services you sign a document that includes (emphasis mine)

Any language or content/picture deemed illegal, dangerous, threatening, abusive, obscene, vulgar, defamatory, hateful, racist, sexist, ethically offensive or constituting harassment is forbidden.This includes use of the above via user generated content tool like the emblem editor, on the forums, via the in-game chat, or over VOIP.

Now personally yes I turned off the language filter and I tend to ignore it unless someone goes on a rant at someone over a few games, but having signed the terms and conditions there isn't a comeback to them moderating according to the terms you signed on that you agreed to. If you don't like them then fair enough, don't sign it, don't use their product, that is your right, it is also their right to say that if you don't agree to their rules you don't get to use their software and that if you sign on and breach the conditions they set they may take action for it.

People either fail to read what they sign or decide that it doesn't apply to them, then act butthurt when called on it, that is on them, not the people who laid out those terms and conditions to begin with.

Pincopallino097
08-14-2018, 09:52 PM
If it written in the EULA and in the terms of use, that you accepted, then you are actually done, and yes they can

OreoDude94
08-14-2018, 09:58 PM
I suggest you take these 3 days to look at yourself in the mirror and decide if you want to grow up, or continue to be an immature child. Good luck :)

Jastorm187
08-14-2018, 10:02 PM
This is similar to those people who talk in theaters or other entertainment and use the excuse " I paid my money i can do what i want". Well so did everyone else around you. You paid to watch the show not "Do what you want". You can watch or leave... Thats it.
You paid for the game, which you have. You signed an agreement to abide by certain rules (whether you read them or not). You have every right to the game you paid for... You have no right to the servers or game chat that resides within. You broke the rules and got called on it. Suck it up and go play story mode till your ban is removed. YOU chose to write the profanity. Stop trying to blame everyone else for YOUR choices and actions.
Silly millennial, the world doesnt revolve around you. Time to pop that bubble of you being the special snowflake that the world owes you something. Welcome to being held responsible for your own actions.

SendRickPics
08-14-2018, 10:06 PM
Funny how you say it isn't their right to do this when in using Ubisfot services you sign a document that includes (emphasis mine)

Any language or content/picture deemed illegal, dangerous, threatening, abusive, obscene, vulgar, defamatory, hateful, racist, sexist, ethically offensive or constituting harassment is forbidden.This includes use of the above via user generated content tool like the emblem editor, on the forums, via the in-game chat, or over VOIP.

Now personally yes I turned off the language filter and I tend to ignore it unless someone goes on a rant at someone over a few games, but having signed the terms and conditions there isn't a comeback to them moderating according to the terms you signed on that you agreed to. If you don't like them then fair enough, don't sign it, don't use their product, that is your right, it is also their right to say that if you don't agree to their rules you don't get to use their software and that if you sign on and breach the conditions they set they may take action for it.

People either fail to read what they sign or decide that it doesn't apply to them, then act butthurt when called on it, that is on them, not the people who laid out those terms and conditions to begin with.

I suggest you take these 3 days to look at yourself in the mirror and decide if you want to grow up, or continue to be an immature child. Good luck :)

1: Wow are you kiddos cucked by big business. You really have no idea do you?

A) ToS's and EULA's are famous for being practically unenforceable in court, they've been struck down many times by many a judge. Deal with it.

B) "Signed" I defy Ubisoft or any of you to produce my actual signature on any of these virtual "documents" where the product you paid for is held hostage until you "agree" to a non-agreement, or let it remain a paperweight.

2: More emphasis on the "cucked by big business part". You really must not understand how egregious or asinine it is for a company to issue suspensions/bans over something so petty as words. Hackers, Cheaters, Exploiters, sure. But they took the time and spent the money on building tools to turn off and on the chat system. They put the effort in to GIVE PLAYERS THE TOOLS to block and mute. So in what sense is there in banning people? I'll tell you why in 3.

3: (This is the important part) If they ban you, statistically speaking most customers are just going to buy/get another copy of the game, make a new account, start over from scratch, buy more steel/ skins/ season passes, etc.

This generates more revenue for them. It's not about "preserving customer game experience" because you dopes turned off your profanity filters and got your thin skinned feelings hurt, it's about ripping more people off and getting more money for their virtual crap!

Think about it: I'm a grown *** man, I sure as hell am not going to cow or change myself for Ubi$oft. They aren't my parents, my boss, or anyone in position of authority. I - PAY - THEM, for their digital crap, that I then play with. Nothing more, nothing less, and the fact that you guys are jumping through mental hoops to defend their over-reaching corporate bull$hit disgusts me.

Sheep.

UbiInsulin
08-14-2018, 10:09 PM
If it written in the EULA and in the terms of use, that you accepted, then you are actually done, and yes they can

This really says it all. We have a public Code of Conduct (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/000025938/Code-of-Conduct-for-For-Honor). Don't violate it and there should be no issues with suspensions.

I'm closing this thread because I don't anticipate this conversation going well.