PDA

View Full Version : New emote idea for every hero ("Unmask the heroes!")

bhitrock
08-14-2018, 09:53 AM
Hello everyone,

I heard that (until the highlander was released) Ubisoft wasn't keen on giving heroes a 'face', but now we even have a brand new faction the heroes of which all 'have a face'. And I'm asking myself: why not give a face to all the other heroes too? I know that that way you wouldn't be able to show the customization on the mask/helmet, and also it wouldn't make much sense having a piece of armor for the head that isn't actually shown. So, I came up with this idea: Why not give every hero an emote (a 7000 steel one probably) that makes your hero put on and off his mask/helmet? You may either hang it on your belt or just put it down on the ground and then take out a new one from nowhere when you use that emote again.
It would not simply do what a lot of people have been asking for for a long time (having a face for their heroes), but also be a brand new tipe of emote that we have never seen in For Honor, because when you use it your hero will keep going around without his helmet/mask untile you emote again and put it back on your head.

However, this comes with a few issues: there are actually some heroes (shaman, highlander, nuxia and shaolin) actually do not have a helmet (or a mask).
The solution may be two: either you don't give them any emote of this kind (the sad one), or you make them wear something they didn't have before (the more interesting one). You may make them put on some warpaints (but the shaman and the highlander already have them), or maybe a mask/helmet: the shaman may have a mask made with a skull and some feathers, the highlander a fur hood or a classic viking style helmet, the nuxia a helmet similar to the tiandi's one and the shaolin may have a hat similar to the aramusha's one, or maybe a long scarf.

I know that tis would require quite a lot of effort because those are not easy-to-do emotes, but they would be something completely new and I know most of the playerbase would love them (at least I do).
What do you think about it? Do you have any other ideas for those emotes? Let me know!

Lord_Cherubi
08-15-2018, 12:09 AM
Im not sure how to feel about this. On the other hand i've always wanted to see how my heroes look without a mask/helmet but i don't think i'd want everyone running around without helmets.

In Star Wars Battlefront people had so many customization options that you never saw stormtroopers wearing a helmet and it kinda ate all the immersion.

Instead, i'd suggest an idea very similiar to yours but instead of being able to run around without a helmet, they could just make animations to every hero. For example: they take off the helmet, take a bow (Orochi) or do a salute (Warden) and then put it back on.

bhitrock
08-15-2018, 08:43 AM
I get what you're saying. I don't know if it would actually happen to see everyone going around without the helmet/mask, but surely an easy solution would be making it just a simple emote where you take off your helmet, do something and then put it on again. It would still be a nice way to see the faces of the heroes you're playing

FinnOfTheHorde
08-15-2018, 11:03 AM
This idea is very simillar to mine.
I posted a thread about scabbards.
Adding scabbards and put on/off helmets would be nice thing.