PDA

View Full Version : I'll switch to pc In a few months and I have a question

I_loveMemes
08-13-2018, 05:19 PM
We know that in October y2 will start and with it a y2 season pass will come, now the question is if i switch to pc around December Will there be a version which unlocks all the heroes? For example right now we have the gold edition which gives you the every hero, so will there be anything similar for y2 too? Because I'll also re buy r6s and the grind will be real 2 years worth of content all over again so I can't have 2 games that needs me to grind till the end of times xD

CandleInTheDark
08-13-2018, 05:31 PM
Good question. There will definitely be a Marching Fire update that will unlock all of the wu lin, my suspicion is you would still need to buy the first season pass for the original heroes but that is something we will likely only have a definitive answer to closer to the time.

I_loveMemes
08-13-2018, 05:37 PM
They could release an edition which gives you all the original heroes plus the y1 dlc heroes and the y2 sp or without the sp, same as r6s which has the complete edition which is expensive as hell 120 but it gives all the original ops all the y1 and y2 ops and the y3 sp plus some in-game currency and some other not so important stuff

I_loveMemes
08-13-2018, 05:46 PM
Oh btw has the pc community grown? Because a long time ago I mean even before the dedicated servers I've heard that the community on pc wasn't that large

FredEx919
08-13-2018, 05:49 PM
Haven't seen any mention for something like this yet, but it could be good to have. I can say that there won't be a season pass required for the Marching Fire expansion. You'll be able to pick up the expansion or each of the heroes individually in-game. We'll also have more details on that part coming up pretty soon.

DefiledDragon
08-13-2018, 07:03 PM
Oh btw has the pc community grown? Because a long time ago I mean even before the dedicated servers I've heard that the community on pc wasn't that large

I will say this of the PC experience. I was playing Dominion last night and The Gauntlet was voted in as the map. I hate that map, so I left the game and went back to matchmaking. The matchmaking system put me back in the game I had just left, so I left again and went back to matchmaking. The matchmaking system put me back in the game I had just left, on the same map, with the same people 3 more times before I just gave up.

I don't know if this is by design, or if it's just indicative of the small number of actual game sessions available on PC at any time. The activity indicator said "very high", but as far as I could see there was only one game available and it was either that or a different game mode.

From what I hear the console playerbase is a lot larger than the PC playerbase and the situation I described above seems to bear that out. That might be worth some consideration before you make the switch.

I_loveMemes
08-14-2018, 02:09 PM
I will say this of the PC experience. I was playing Dominion last night and The Gauntlet was voted in as the map. I hate that map, so I left the game and went back to matchmaking. The matchmaking system put me back in the game I had just left, so I left again and went back to matchmaking. The matchmaking system put me back in the game I had just left, on the same map, with the same people 3 more times before I just gave up.

I don't know if this is by design, or if it's just indicative of the small number of actual game sessions available on PC at any time. The activity indicator said "very high", but as far as I could see there was only one game available and it was either that or a different game mode.

From what I hear the console playerbase is a lot larger than the PC playerbase and the situation I described above seems to bear that out. That might be worth some consideration before you make the switch.
I think that's the system because same thing has happened to me as well on PS4 I believe that if you leave a game and then immediately try to join a new one it'll put you back to your last game, what i do is just wait a few seconds like 10-15 seconds and then i try to find a new game, now regarding the player base overall i really don't know a lot of people are saying that is has grown a lot since the dedicated servers came and it'll grow even more when the marching fire launches of course PS4 and Xbox has more players but still the community is growing on every platform