PDA

View Full Version : Deck gunner's mod?

MajinDan
04-15-2005, 09:12 AM
Just wondering if there was a mod that would let me use my deck gun in almost any weather? I don't want to be unrealistic but holy effin shiat, I should be able to use my deck gun on a sunny day with some wind. I'll have my navigator check weather and it's no rain, no fog, just 7 wind...my guys on the bridge are even wearing their storm gear...why? I just want a mod or to make an adjustment on conditions for deck gun usage. BTW...I LOVE THIS GAME! Best gaming crack I've been on in quite a while!

MajinDan
04-15-2005, 09:12 AM
Just wondering if there was a mod that would let me use my deck gun in almost any weather? I don't want to be unrealistic but holy effin shiat, I should be able to use my deck gun on a sunny day with some wind. I'll have my navigator check weather and it's no rain, no fog, just 7 wind...my guys on the bridge are even wearing their storm gear...why? I just want a mod or to make an adjustment on conditions for deck gun usage. BTW...I LOVE THIS GAME! Best gaming crack I've been on in quite a while!

Mylo42
04-15-2005, 10:10 AM
Maj,

There are some good threads on this topic. Bottom line is, basically, the deck gun would be all but useless in anything but dead flat calm seas, due to the pitch and rolling of the sub making aiming the thing impossible. It would have been better if the message would reflect this instead of "too stormy" or whatever.

I would have prefered that a player could use the deck gun whenever they wanted, but that targeting should reflect how unstable it was as well as the risk to the crew.

MajinDan
04-15-2005, 11:58 AM
Well, if it was life or death I think the crew would use the guns regardless of ANY type of weather. This game is a SIMULATOR, so why can't I simulate a desperate situation? Obviously the accuracy would be terrible, but again this is a sim. Hey patch guys, please fix this.