PDA

View Full Version : is it just me or is the matchmaking system sometimes just bad and unbalanced?

macke2018
08-12-2018, 02:51 AM
i began a matchmaking on for honor on the game mode dominion and i get matched with a bunch of 1 rep players on my team but thats not the bad thing in my opinion its that we got matched with a whole bunch of rep 6/5s thats bottering me because when you see something like that its just like you dont even want to try because your just going to fail. :mad::mad::mad:

ChampionRuby50g
08-12-2018, 03:15 AM
Yeah itís just you. Thatís incredibly balanced matchmaking if rep 1 players are been matched with rep 10 and below players. Could have been matched with rep 50+.

Ubi-Jimothy
08-12-2018, 04:38 PM
Hey folks,

We're aware that matchmaking can sometimes not be too ideal. It's something we're keeping an eye on and investigating.

As soon as we have a resolution, or any changes to matchmaking are made, we'll make you aware!

-Jim

DefiledDragon
08-12-2018, 05:00 PM
Don't worry about rep, it doesn't mean anything other than the other guy put more time in than you and they'll have better gear. If you're better than them, you'll beat them, if not, you won't. Rep is irrelevant and does not equal skill.

ShadowForMVP
08-12-2018, 05:00 PM
Glad to see Ubisoft is aware of this issue.

I honestly didn't know Renown 50 and 80 exists haha. I was going to say the same thing with me with +8 or more renown above us. Maybe the player base is so small that its normal for 1 Renown to play vs 8 or 9 renowns

I have 2 new friends and 1 friend who has played for a bit.

We are Renown 8 / 7 / 0 / 0 - so when we face a team of 13 / 11 / 9 / 7 - you could imagine the frustration of the 2 new players we are with.

With that being said, the 2 new players are regularly complaining that matchmaking is terrible as our total renown is 15 and the other team is 40 - That essentially makes us play with people having twice the experience as we do which is very hard to overcome. I suppose as said above, its better than playing with people who are renown 50 haha.

It would also be nice if characters were selected before matchmaking. Its a big difference if I play on a Renown 4 char... or am trying to play on a brand new char.

Akumu4Ever
08-12-2018, 06:24 PM
Thanks for replying, i have asked number of times as i keep getting into matched with rep 80 and above and im only rep 3 and the ubisoft support on twitter just avoid answering. i know rep doesnt mean skill but they have put alot of time into the game and in most cases they will be pertty decent.

Archeun
08-12-2018, 07:19 PM
Matchmaking is awful. Unfortunately, the player base on PC doesn't really allow for a major change that will work.

NHLGoldenKnight
08-12-2018, 07:20 PM
Well, it is always possibility that player base is pretty small so it is harder to match players by their rep.

Also, at least in my experience, reputation is not important as it used to be. When I first started, I used to get humiliated by higher rep players but I had a good chance of beating similar or lower rep. Today, I am higher rep than ever yet I am getting my butt kicked by 10x lower rep players. Game has changed and it is easier to win with just quick guard switch and light attack. At leasnt in 4v4 and lower to medium level duels.

SpaceJim12
08-13-2018, 09:35 AM
As far as I know, matchmaking in this game not depend on your rep score. It's somekind of winrate stats. I mean, I macthed with people 300+ rep, when I was 50 rep. And I killed them again and again. So...matchmaking works fine than? And sometimes I can deal with 25 rep, when I me already 105.

JadeBosson.
08-13-2018, 09:36 AM
the highest I've seen was a rep 166 and im a rep 35 rn while I did get decimated I didn't think much of it as it always put me with people grater reps and rarely other 30s or 40s

Buggy.Blaster
08-17-2018, 08:29 AM
yea rep seems to not matter with all the surfs out there. the one issue with the free game weekends is that people are making free surf accounts and hurting new players.

Jeriah
08-18-2019, 06:36 AM
Yeah I play for honor casually on Xbox and recently got it on pc. My first ever game on pc the enemy team was 145+ all 4 of them. The matchmaking doesn't seem to work at all when it comes to skill brackets. It makes me sad as I thoroughly enjoy the game but it becomes unplayable when you go up against people you can't land a hit on. Additionally the Australian servers seem to only work with dominion and duels,all the other game modes queue for 15 minutes then crash. I really hope they fix it eventually.

AC35S4S51N
08-18-2019, 08:07 AM
3 years and matchmaking still sucks... How hard could it be. people paid money for this game so be fair. this is not early access game anymore that your still fixing balancing after freakin 3 years. Balancing from the class perspective to matchmaking completely sucks for already 3 years.

Your only bringing heroes who make the game more unbalanced or nerfing mains of people so their mains completly sucks. instead of focusing on the most important aspects of the game.

If you cant fix you game after 3 years just give people their money back and give up. Instead of letting people wait for 3 years.

Thats why your playerbase keeps dropping.

Read your reviews on steam it says enough.