PDA

View Full Version : Lawbringer needs rework next

MinorTreat
08-11-2018, 01:00 AM
I don't even play lawbringer but this character seriously needs to be reworked just like shugoki next. Personally for me it's mostly because lawbringer is not fun to play against as it's usually the old meta staring contest due to the block shove. Now granted he needs it since he isn't aggressive enough but rewarding a player for simply blocking and further punishing the stamina of the player for attacking lawbringer is part of what was terrible about the defensive meta back in season 1 and 2.

Lawbringer being able to block shove does give a 50/50 that's nothing I have a problem with but it does reset the aggressors offensive while also rendering heavy attacks useless when the community wanted heavies to be more apart of the aggressive gameplay

So I do hope the devs give him some aggressive tools while still maintaining his defensive play style but remove the block shove as it's takes away from the aggressive nature of being on the offensive in the first place (and considering that blocking lights in for honor stops attack chains makes blocking a strong tool inherently and doesn't need more of a reward than that).

Illyrian_King
08-11-2018, 01:58 AM
Please next rework!

I main Lawbee since launch and eventhough I really wasted a whole rank from I to V with him. He has nothing, if the enemy just decides to go on "safe".

But what I really hope, is that they don't rework him like the rest of the cast with faster lights, soft-feinted lights out of heavies and such garbage. I want him to be a freakin heavy.

MarshalMoriarty
08-11-2018, 02:19 AM
Eh, I'm a Lawbro main and he's still fine IMO. He moves and dodges surprisingly well for a big man, he's super tough and his Feats are pretty crazy.

Don't get me wrong, I want a rework but Shugoki, Nobushi, Raider and Aramusha's needs are greater IMO. And frankly Orochi and PK need another pass too more urgently. I really don't think they can put off Shug's rework any longer.

TSCDescon
08-11-2018, 04:31 AM
Eh, I'm a Lawbro main and he's still fine IMO. He moves and dodges surprisingly well for a big man, he's super tough and his Feats are pretty crazy.

Don't get me wrong, I want a rework but Shugoki, Nobushi, Raider and Aramusha's needs are greater IMO. And frankly Orochi and PK need another pass too more urgently. I really don't think they can put off Shug's rework any longer.

Yeah, if he doesn't get a rework next season; its time to remove him because no one will play him once the new characters drop. Even if he doesn't get one next season, but will get one next year. That's a long time for ONE character to get a rework. And I don't have that patience. I rather play another VIABLE character than a character with NO ATTENTION from the devs.

Jracoz
08-11-2018, 05:07 AM
The devs don't care about this game in general any more, IMO a lot of these reworks have just been straight garbage. Especially the Warden and Orochi reworks. Conq rework wasn't necessary but it's was a nice change up, PK's rework didn't do a whole lot and Kensei's rework just made him a tad bit more annoying. The whole speeding up lights and all these stupid soft feints is to try and out the turtle meta, but in reality, it's just making the game and it's players more toxic when they can win by just spamming 1 or 2 moves. I was playing ranked duel and I fought nothing but Wardens who all did the same thing, shoulder bash spam. There was one Glad that I fought who did nothing but a single light, zone and an occasional toe stab, the guy was playing stupid defensive and it was just down right annoying. I'm done with this game myself deleted and uninstalled it, I've been playing it since the beta and I've watched its decline over the past year and a half and it truly disappoints me that a game with so much potential could go down the drain the way it did.

MarshalMoriarty
08-11-2018, 05:26 AM
Agree mostly, though I don't think 'PK's rework didn't do much' is very accurate. She was nerfed very cruelly and though still good I feel like I've barely seen her since S6 started.

And I still think Kensei had the best well balanced overall rework. Don't agree with heavy swift strike but otherwise it was very good. Conq was well done too except for the SB being far too safe. The rest have been complete garbage and are in real danger of sinking this game.

Nose1234F
08-11-2018, 06:04 AM
In dominion Lawbro is cool, yes, you will play passive most of the time though, relying on parry punishings. But I know it must be pretty **** to fight against me, I try to use shove a lot and feint to keep it mostly interesting, but having no opener sucks.

MarshalMoriarty
08-11-2018, 06:27 AM
Hey we got to use what we got, right? Other characters don't mind spamming their most useful moves, so Lawbros shouldn't be made to feel guilty for doing the same. If they're going to power down his Feats and nerf\remove Block shove, they have to give us something in return.

Spiinight666
08-12-2018, 11:03 AM
Dude i havent agreed with someones post like this in so long honestley i think they just need to give lawbro hyper armor on his heavies speed up his shove but remove hyper armor and give him like two or three more chains hopefully some that are fast like his top light and i agree with you so much on the heros that need a rework i play shugoki raider and nobushi a **** load i have them all rep 6 or above and godamn its annoying when i just get bodied by heros in ranked that are way stronger than mine all im ever fighting are ligh spam shield bashing valks hls that just sit in offensive stance and only use kick to grab which that thing is stupid ****ing guessing game with that ******** warden spamming shoulder bash top lights and zones and conqs you know being conqs turtling and only ever shield bashing or parrying

Illyrian_King
08-12-2018, 11:40 AM
LB is viable in 4vs4, but has nothing lost in high league 1vs1.

He is simply not viable.

When you can dodge his slow shoves, roll away from block shove, hold your guard up against his top lights, and block left when he starts to sprint ... there is nothing left of him.

Jracoz
08-12-2018, 04:17 PM
I actually used to main LB before I quit and I can disagree but agree, in 1v1 situations he isn't all that good against opponents that prioritize turtling but against most other opponents he does fairly well so long as you understand how to use mix-ups and feints, he's especially strong with his mid combo feint game since his feints are all pretty fast. The only thing that I see that needs to be fixed is his slow feint on his LHH combo, all your opponent has to do is dodge back once and they're outside it's hit range and because of his slow feint time on the final heavy he can't feint out of it and go for a GB punish. His dash shoves are dodgeable but not entirely punishable, Raider being the best exception since he can dash GB in any direction (which is still BS in my opinion). I have yet to encounter someone who could dodge roll away from a block -> shove. As for top lights, that's just a matter of mixing a heavy into it to throw them off, same goes for the side lights.

AzureSky.
08-12-2018, 11:58 PM
he needs a really big rework, not just movement changes but entirely overhaul, make the push go away (just let him have it in that execution) cause it's very binary and unsatisfying to play with and add another lawbringer specific mechanic, you can keep the impale running move and ad mortem invicus, but the rest need to go and become something new.

MarshalMoriarty
08-13-2018, 12:43 AM
His brute force 'chuck the enemy around' is his signature though. That's what he's all about (well, that and blowing people up).

What he really needs is some Hyper Armour. Swift Justice's overhead and all versions of Ad Mortem need HA because... just look at the dude! If he's fixing to axe you in the head, do you think he's going to give a damn what people do? He'd wear it on his armor and give em the chop.

Skillet_Head
08-13-2018, 12:48 AM
Leave my LB alone, I love the way he is and if they rework him and make him crap, I will seriously be upset.

As far as the comment no one will be playing him when new warriors come. Good, I prefer him not to be FotM.

MarshalMoriarty
08-13-2018, 12:55 AM
Its kind of depressing that ubisoft have bungled the reworks so badly that people don't actually want them for their characters anymore.

Valk's power up at the cost of her identity will cast a long shadow I think.

Skillet_Head
08-13-2018, 01:20 AM
Its kind of depressing that ubisoft have bungled the reworks so badly that people don't actually want them for their characters anymore.

Valk's power up at the cost of her identity will cast a long shadow I think.

I actually started playing Valk pre-rework..after it I could care less about her...it is a shame it is.

MarshalMoriarty
08-13-2018, 02:01 AM
Yeah, I'd been playing her from about mid season 5 and enjoyed it very much. Her damage was too low but other than that it was fine.

Now though... I've barely played her since the rework. She's more powerful sure but its just mindless spamming and sweeping now..

DefiledDragon
08-13-2018, 02:07 AM
I feel sorry for Valk mains. Don't really play her myself, but all I ever see her do is light spam and sweep-heavy. It can be effective, but she's been reduced to noob bait by this rework and it's sad to see.