PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the Valks?

Kamen42
08-10-2018, 10:23 AM
Seriously. How come I almost never see a Valk? I keep running into Wardens. The second place is a split Orochi/Glad, then probably Centurion, Kensei, Zerker, Conq, Shinobi...
Since the season start I have seen maybe two or three Valks in Duels and the same number in Dominion. I have seen more Shugokis than Valks.

Everybody keeps saying she is OP now. Well I can't tell. I didn't really have a chance to try that.

That_guy44
08-10-2018, 10:25 AM
She's next to last in duel win % this season. That's why you don't see her

Kamen42
08-10-2018, 10:31 AM
Okay, she was before the rework. Kensei used to be in a similar spot. Then he got a rework and everybody started playing him. The same for Zerker, Conq, Orochi. Before their rework I hardly ever saw one but then they were very common.

The main thing - I am baffled that everybody keeps screaming that she is OP now (just as they did with Kensei, Zerker, Conq and Orochi). But if there are so few valks, how do you know she is OP? Maybe she is in a perfectly fine position, you just didn't get enough practice against her and you are used to the old one that sucked and now you are surprised that she actually can do something.

That_guy44
08-10-2018, 10:41 AM
I don't think she is OP
I'm not a fan of the rework to be honest.

Ubi-Lucipus
08-10-2018, 11:26 AM
We've got a dedicated post to all of your feedback and opinions on the Valk and her re-work, please head there (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1918986-Season-7-Valkyrie-Feedback) to discuss we'd love to hear more!

Armosias
08-10-2018, 12:35 PM
I started playing her with that rework and I love her gameplay, but she's definitely not OP right now.

Siegfried-Z
08-10-2018, 01:45 PM
Seriously. How come I almost never see a Valk? I keep running into Wardens. The second place is a split Orochi/Glad, then probably Centurion, Kensei, Zerker, Conq, Shinobi...
Since the season start I have seen maybe two or three Valks in Duels and the same number in Dominion. I have seen more Shugokis than Valks.

Everybody keeps saying she is OP now. Well I can't tell. I didn't really have a chance to try that.

Dont worry man.

Some are saying that but they would stop soon.
Every good players know she is in good spot now but not OP at all.
How can a char be OP without Unblocable, HA, lights dash, weak parry punishes and useless zone ;)

To compense that she has an amazing mix up and other stuff which makes her good :)

Be honest i am happy that we dont see so much Valk.
Because while reworked, it remain a char with a specific gameplay which didn't fit with everyone and i like that !

Just sad they remove headbutt and shield tackle (useless now) 😔

I dont understand really how people can now like Her without liking her already before ..
I have To admit when i see Valk players lower than rep 8 now that makes me a bit angry 😅
That's stupid but they are not real valk players.

I am for a while valk and kensei main .

Both gor rework and it was the same with Kensei but much more players start To use kensei post rework .. and these guys never beat me in a kensei against kensei fight.

The same with Valk .. guys who just start Her now has a long path before beeing equal to old valk main :)

I know i am a bit too "you dont like Her before so dont play her now" haha

Because i have spend time mastering valk while she was still considered weak and playing and winning with Valk always has a special delicious taste :)

Playing Valk was giving you the feeling to be a different player. That's why i hope we dont gonna have new valk players.

That's my POV.

But i know many players dont play for.pleasure but only for the win.

That's why so many people play Conq. . Because sorry but you have To explain me where is the pleasure To play Conq .... 😅

Helnekromancer
08-10-2018, 05:37 PM
They removed so much stuff from her just so she can have that stupid sweep into guaranteed damage that forces her the pause and look clunky.

I loved headbutting people from a guardbreak making them go oos and fall to the ground. Great move, super unique, gutted remove, there's almost no reason to headbutt anyone now. :(

I used to be able to switch from being offensive and defensive on a dime in order to be stronger opponents, almost like a ebb & flow, but now it's just spam top lights and feint your heavy into a shield crush for maybe a sweep into guaranteed 35 damage. All of her kit now revolves around that one stupid combo, removed headbutting and shield tackle for a move that barely is used because people are still side dodging your sweep because the speed stayed the same.I had Valk at Rep 25 before the rework, maybe I'll go back to her once I get Nobushi to rep 60 (currently rep 51) there's just no reason to play Valk now she lost her uniqueness. And once Shaolin comes out ,he's definitely going to make Nobushi and Valkyrie look garbage.

Also I think Warden is easier to play in Dominion now that all he has to do is glide 8 feet forward and go into his unblockable. From a console player stand point we all know if you give a Hero a fast attack and give him unblockables he will be spammed in 4v4. Now you see 1-2 Wardens in a game gliding towards you, spamming their unblockable, screwing up you defense system. Since Valkyrie doesn't have that I think more players gravitated towards Warden.