PDA

View Full Version : Off-Line Campaign Questions

TonyPiech
11-23-2004, 02:23 PM
Just started an off-line campaign and have a couple of questions.
1. As you progress thru your campaign, do you move from one map to another or do you just stay in the map initially assigned?
2. As you progress, do you obtain newer planes, or do you stay with the one initially assigned?
3. I've viewed my roster display and see that points are assigned; how many points are necessary for promotion, and what's the highest rank to obtain?

TonyPiech
11-23-2004, 02:23 PM
Just started an off-line campaign and have a couple of questions.
1. As you progress thru your campaign, do you move from one map to another or do you just stay in the map initially assigned?
2. As you progress, do you obtain newer planes, or do you stay with the one initially assigned?
3. I've viewed my roster display and see that points are assigned; how many points are necessary for promotion, and what's the highest rank to obtain?

Maj_Death
11-23-2004, 03:03 PM
When you start a campaign, you not only fight on the map you selected but every single map that comes after it as well. So for example if you select Pearl Harbour as USAAF, then you will not only fly that single mission, but you will then advance to New Guinea where you will recieve either a P-40E or P-39D1, then you will continue to 1945 Japan with a P-51D, P-47D or P-38L. Most campaigns have more than that though, the USAAF one is the shortest of them except for the bomber campaigns. Also, you can change the aircraft you recieve in the battles following your initial one in the same way you choose your initial plane. Just open the drop down lists for each section and select the plane you want, then select the map you want to start with and press "start" or whatever that button is called.

Promotions and awards are based on score in some way, but I don't know how many points are required for what. What I do know is you can forget about being a flight leader until you have atleast 15 missions done and 10 or more kills. This is of course assuming you start at the lowest rank. You can always start out as a Colonel or equivelent http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif.

Saburo_0
11-24-2004, 09:48 AM
actually in PF you can become a flight leader much sooner. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Maj_Death
11-24-2004, 12:27 PM
It depends, if you get 10 recon missions in a row with no enemy presence at all you can't.