PDA

View Full Version : How many of you think that perfect mode is better then exellent?

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 11:26 PM
It`s not a poll really. I am just curious...what is more visually satisfying? I like perfect mode and everything..and computer allows to run it without any problems.. but i find all exellent settings are more realisticly looking. Even water... i just don`t buy those huge beautiful waves on the rivers /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
And ground looks too sharp IMO.. But that just me. Don`t get me wrong..i`m not bashing perfect settings, i`m just questioning if it looks more real to you or not..

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan
http://www.rmutt.netfirms.com/ivan-reaper.gif

"No matter how good the violin may be, much depends on the violinist. I always felt respect for an enemy pilot whose plane I failed to down." Ivan Kozhedub

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 11:26 PM
It`s not a poll really. I am just curious...what is more visually satisfying? I like perfect mode and everything..and computer allows to run it without any problems.. but i find all exellent settings are more realisticly looking. Even water... i just don`t buy those huge beautiful waves on the rivers /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
And ground looks too sharp IMO.. But that just me. Don`t get me wrong..i`m not bashing perfect settings, i`m just questioning if it looks more real to you or not..

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan
http://www.rmutt.netfirms.com/ivan-reaper.gif

"No matter how good the violin may be, much depends on the violinist. I always felt respect for an enemy pilot whose plane I failed to down." Ivan Kozhedub

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 11:31 PM
I like the "happy waddy" :0)

http://members.cox.net/miataman1/WAR-08.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 11:36 PM
It looks more real to me. The water is better on my GF3 (though I get a bit of 'shimmer' that can't be drawn at all distances, which is a slight problem). What I like best about perfect is the view distances increase. Towns and rivers are visible out to 20km or more now (similar to airfields in the past I believe). Big improvement at all altitudes.

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 11:36 PM
I know the topic implies that differing points of view are not welcome, but since this is a public forum, i'd like to offer my findings.

Perfect mode is a hinderence with FR settings. This was even discussed in ORR some time ago (screenshots were included that proved that Perfect settings lessen visibility).

For the best performance without sacrificing target visibility, FLAT ground lighting + lowest ground detail = the best settings, as long as everything else is cranked to max.

If you are trying to impress your friends, or have a habit of sight-seeing, Perfect settings provide plenty of eye-candy for those who find such things important.

<font face="Courier New">

_____ | _____
_\__(o)__/_
./ \.

</font>

Hunter82
08-16-2003, 12:28 AM
I can do without the water but the trees and landscape in perfect are sweet

<center><FONT COLOR="white">[/i]</FONT>
<center><FONT COLOR="white">Hunter82 wrote:
"I did not have technical relations with that question"
[/i]</FONT>
<center> Mudmovers (http://www.mudmovers.com/) </center>

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2003, 12:29 AM
My crappy POS computer whimpers and cries like a little girl just previewing screens set on anything higher than "medium" /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Ronnie

<center>http://www3.sympatico.ca/corporon2001/First_Kill.jpg </center>
<center>Woot! First online Kill!</center>

"The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win."
-Karl Marx, Friedrich Engels, "The Communist Manifesto"

"In the souls of the people the grapes of wrath are filling and growing heavy, growing heavy for the vintage."
-John Steinbeck, "The Grapes of Wrath"

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2003, 12:30 AM
BaldieJr wrote:

-
- For the best performance without sacrificing target
- visibility, FLAT ground lighting + lowest ground
- detail = the best settings, as long as everything
- else is cranked to max.

Are you referring only to airborne targets when you mention "target visibility" above, or are you saying that those settings also improve the visibility of ground targets, in some counter-intuitive way?

Wir sind die schwarzen Husaren der Luft,
Die Stukas, die Stukas, die Stukas.

... "Stuka-Lied"

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2003, 12:34 AM
panthercules wrote:
-
- BaldieJr wrote:
-
--
-- For the best performance without sacrificing target
-- visibility, FLAT ground lighting + lowest ground
-- detail = the best settings, as long as everything
-- else is cranked to max.
-
- Are you referring only to airborne targets when you
- mention "target visibility" above, or are you saying
- that those settings also improve the visibility of
- ground targets, in some counter-intuitive way?
-
- Wir sind die schwarzen Husaren der Luft,
- Die Stukas, die Stukas, die Stukas.
-
- ... "Stuka-Lied"

I said 'target visibility'. This includes ground targets. Unless the recent patch has changed a few things, ground targets are especially easy to spot when using the settings i describe.

<font face="Courier New">

_____ | _____
_\__(o)__/_
./ \.

</font>

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2003, 12:52 AM
It's not better, it just looks diferent. The only thing which is better and more realistic is the highest detail level of the terrain at all distances. But the price is a huge fps drop which ruins the whole flight experience for me. I just don't like flying around with a max of 35fps.
The water looks like crap in perfect though.

<hr>
<table border="0" width="100%"><tr><td width="50%"><font size=2><font size="-1"> and did those feet in ancient times
trod america's pastures of green?
and did that <font color="#FF0000">anthropocentric</font> god <font color="#FF0000">wane</font>
with their thoughts and beliefs all unseen?
I don't think so,
he's up there with the others lying low,
<font color="#FF0000">vying</font> with those who you've traded
your life to bless your soul,
and have they told you how to think,</font></font></td><td width="50%"><font size=2><font size="-1">
cleansed your mind of <font color="#FF0000">sepsis</font> and autonomy?
or have you escaped scrutiny,
and <font color="#FF0000">regaled</font> yourself with <font color="#FF0000">depravity</font>?
now we all see, "religion is just synthetic
<font color="#FF0000">frippery</font>, unnecessary in our expanding
global culture efficiency"
and don't you fear this impasse
we have built to our future?
ever so near,
and oh so <font color="#FF0000">austere</font> </font></font></td></tr></table>

http://thebrpage.tierranet.com/pix/Greg/graffin2_sm.jpg

"God Song" by Bad Religion