PDA

View Full Version : ACB & ACR! Are the memories worth replaying?

phoenix-force411
12-09-2011, 01:38 AM
Well, my personal experiences with the missions in ACB were that they weren't so fun as much. I hardly replayed the missions, because every time I want to replay a mission, it takes me quite awhile to choose, because they are kinda boring after awhile. If you examine closely, you'll notice that the ACB Sequences can go by fast since most of them connect(In this case, a memory to the next memory after the previous one is synched). It's usually after the second sequence where the missions start to lesson. The game is amazing, but what I really thought was missing from it was drama.

In ACR, the memories are simply a lot more diverse and they added drama which was missing from ACB. If y'all experienced the masyaf key missions, they are a lot better than the Leonardo missions in my opinion. I think it is because of the stunning visuals or the effects. Take the maidens tower for example in ACR. It was like an underwater mechanism kinda stuff. I actually like replaying memories in ACR a lot more than ACB! Like ACB, memories do lessen after Sequence 2 as well, but the ACR missions are a lot funner and the secret locations run with the Core memories instead of being separate or optional.

itsamea-mario
12-09-2011, 01:44 AM
Not really.

Unless you want to get 100% or rewatch a cutscene.

phoenix-force411
12-09-2011, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
Not really.

Unless you want to get 100% or rewatch a cutscene.

ACB had more of a boring mission structure the way I look at it!

ProdiGurl
12-09-2011, 03:07 AM
Well, to each their own.
My answer is Yes and Yes - many times over.

I'm most likely going to start ACB today. I think they're both a challenge, so they don't get dull for me. Some missions get long and tedious (esp. those Lairs) but it's not enough to keep me from replay.

itsamea-mario
12-09-2011, 03:22 AM
Well I love replaying the whole game.

Just not individual missions.

LightRey
12-09-2011, 04:13 AM
I like to replay everything fully, but I have that with every AC game. :/

I completely agree with the OP on the Masyaf keys missions. They really felt like being on an adventure.

ProdiGurl
12-09-2011, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
Well I love replaying the whole game.

Just not individual missions.

I'm not sure if that was to my comment?
If so, I play the entire game, not just missions thru DNA.
I only meant that going into ACB, I already know there are some missions that I'll not be looking forward to.
I still have yet to clear that Romulus Lair in under 8 minutes - I came so close but blew it at the end a couple times.

ProdiGurl
12-09-2011, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:

I completely agree with the OP on the Masyaf keys missions. They really felt like being on an adventure.

By the end of ACR, I really felt that Masyaf was more like a cursed, horrible place with all that went on there w/ Abbas & then that other dude in the Mentor's Keeper mission.
Bad stuff there.
How much was that place in AC1? Was it the central location of the Assassins?

LightRey
12-09-2011, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

By the end of ACR, I really felt that Masyaf was more like a cursed, horrible place with all that went on there w/ Abbas & then that other dude in the Mentor's Keeper mission.
Bad stuff there.
How much was that place in AC1? Was it the central location of the Assassins? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, it was their main base. Alta´r returns there after every Assassination. It's not so gloomy in AC1, and you only see Abbass once.