PDA

View Full Version : Enought of bad critics about AC Revelations, lets talk about the good ones

matheus_737
12-25-2011, 09:40 AM
I noticed that a lot of critics about the game some are true, others are exaggerated. Looks like the game was a damn **** its not.
My good moments in the best AC game together with AC 2

1-the city of constantinople very beautiful
2-Yusuf a great and carismatic character(more than Leonardo)
3-Ezio's maturation his the most human character in videogames, its incredible how his pernality chance in the series
4-kills are more violent and badass
5-grafics are incredible better than any AC game almost Uncharted
6-mocam is awsome
7-new mission types any memory has one new and special mission
8-bombs, tower defense and Desmond journey for me great add
9-short but great storyline.
10-Altair's becAme more GREAT than never in this game his missions are the one of most nice things in game
11-THE BEST ENDING I EVER SAW IN MY LIFE SPENDS MUCH EMOTION. THIS ENDING IS NOT JUST A "VIDEOGAME ENDING" GIVE Tears, WAGS TO ANY OF EMOTIONAL. ALTAIR'S ENDING SO AMAZING, EZIO'S NOT TOO MUCH BUT STILL GOOD AND DESMOND'S QUOTE: I now what you need to do. JUST AMAZING.

shobhit7777777
12-25-2011, 11:27 AM
1-the city of constantinople very beautiful
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
best AC city yet. Vibrant, colourful and lively. Istanbul is frickin gorgeous.

The Visuals overall looked fantastic, sure the graphics were a bit dated, but the art style and visual design was impeccable.

I must say, although I didn't enjoy the story much...the ending scene when Ezio stands before Altair....epic. That was well done.

DavisP92
12-25-2011, 11:30 AM
agree with 1,2, kinda 3, 6, and 11

the others arenít true imo, as for 4 yea they are are violent and ďbadassĒ but they are way over the top. So much that i donít enjoy them as much as i did before.

5: The first AC has the best graphics to me

7: the missions are lame, i am referring to side missions tho. Seeing how there werenít any really.

8. Desmondís Journey was the dumbest thing they did in the game. tower defense was nice, and bombs were okay.

9. Not great to me like AC2 and 1.

10. Altair parts were rushed and the book was better.

Yes ACR was a fun game and was enjoyable, but you shouldnít sugarcoat the game.

SleezeRocker
12-25-2011, 11:33 AM
"Enough about bad critics"

well you can't just "Stop" criticism it's always there as long as we think freely http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

but I don't care about others reviews, just my own since I decide for myself what is good/not http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

But I will say I like ACR more than ACB, but not as Epic as AC2 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

naran6142
12-25-2011, 11:38 AM
the "i hate ACR" threads are annoying

but there is nothing wrong with criticism

IMO, ACR did do a few things badly, but that doesn't mean i hate the game

LordWolv
12-25-2011, 11:46 AM
I like critics - it just means I can prove them wrong and laugh in their faces.

A game; any game, is not going to please everyone. Developers obviously aim to please as much as the majority as they can, but they will NEVER reach even 70%. Also, I don't think it's good to be either an optimist or a pessimist when judging a game; it's important to keep a level head, and I have, and so at the end of every AC game I say the same thing:
'Great parts, good parts, tension filled parts and emotional parts. But there's room for improvement.'

I think this is the way to go, which is why I welcome criticism as well as praise when it comes to AC games.

matheus_737
12-25-2011, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Isaac500:
I like critics - it just means I can prove them wrong and laugh in their faces.

A game; any game, is not going to please everyone. Developers obviously aim to please as much as the majority as they can, but they will NEVER reach even 70%. Also, I don't think it's good to be either an optimist or a pessimist when judging a game; it's important to keep a level head, and I have, and so at the end of every AC game I say the same thing:
'Great parts, good parts, tension filled parts and emotional parts. But there's room for improvement.'

I think this is the way to go, which is why I welcome criticism as well as praise when it comes to AC games.

i agreed but I think the fans here are criticizing too much the game this is way i did posted this http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

matheus_737
12-25-2011, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by naran6142:
the "i hate ACR" threads are annoying

but there is nothing wrong with criticism

IMO, ACR did do a few things badly, but that doesn't mean i hate the game

I feel the game disapointed many fans and critic it self but I can't see why ? So well done, ending the history of our heroes. wonderful game!!!!!

dxsxhxcx
12-25-2011, 06:39 PM
I already said this in another thread and I'll say it here again, one thing I LOVED about ACR was the fact that for the first time I was able to tell the difference between day and night, in ACR every time it was night I was able to feel like I was playing at night, while in the previous games I didn't have this feeling...

value_zero
12-25-2011, 06:43 PM
I really wanted rain on this one.

nuncfluens
12-26-2011, 01:22 AM
I think the overwhelming disappointment with ACR is just a testament to how good this series has been so far. Can anyone honestly say that ACR was a bad game in and of itself? I'm not saying that we should praise something merely because it isn't bad, because ACR is more than not bad: it's a good game. Though I do understand and actually agree with much of the criticism leveled against the past two installments of AC, people need to be realistic. I realize that it's a cop-out to say, "they can't all be winners," but come on... for a series that is only four years old, it has already produced two immortal classics; AC1 and AC2 set a high watermark for games in general, not just future AC releases, and those releases have followed up honorably, considering their annual release cycle.

I guess my point is that even if we are right in feeling disdain for an obvious decline in the series, just look at the games that it has "declined" from, and embrace the positive aspects of a great series.

The combat is the most visceral and the city the most alive yet, we see Ezio develop as a PERSON, and the whole ending of the game truly makes you feel what it's like to have history flowing through your veins--to be just a piece in a play much bigger than you can even imagine.

ProdiGurl
12-26-2011, 04:53 AM
I still can't see why some people are complaining so much. I mean, ya it's got flaws - but what other games don't?

The only thing I can see people having issues with are the bug/glitches that seriously effect gameplay.

Right now I'm playing AC2 again and I have to say that outside of it being alot longer and the Writing being better by way of having more emotion/suspense & character building along w/ some S16 mystery, I'm not seeing how gameplay of ACR is substandard??

I'm actually preferring the Missions of ACR over ACII. They seem alot more fun & even exciting to me (the bombs are a huge plus imo) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif .
To me, ACR is just different (like most all series should be), not worse or substandard.
If anything is "lesser" about it, I'd say it's literally the shortness of game length and under-used potential of the Writing where things could have been stronger.

GLHS
12-26-2011, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
I still can't see why some people are complaining so much. I mean, ya it's got flaws - but what other games don't?

The only thing I can see people having issues with are the bug/glitches that seriously effect gameplay.

Right now I'm playing AC2 again and I have to say that outside of it being alot longer and the Writing being better by way of having more emotion/suspense & character building along w/ some S16 mystery, I'm not seeing how gameplay of ACR is substandard??

I'm actually preferring the Missions of ACR over ACII. They seem alot more fun & even exciting to me (the bombs are a huge plus imo) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif .
To me, ACR is just different (like most all series should be), not worse or substandard.
If anything is "lesser" about it, I'd say it's literally the shortness of game length and under-used potential of the Writing where things could have been stronger.

^ THIS

Sarari
12-26-2011, 09:01 AM
In my opinion, if we don't criticize the bad things about the game, it will never be improved. An example is the change from AC1 to AC2. Big jump. The reason it was such a big jump was because people commented on the bad things that the game had. Thus the huge improvement was made in AC2.

Assassin_M
12-26-2011, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Sarari:
In my opinion, if we don't criticize the bad things about the game, it will never be improved. An example is the change from AC1 to AC2. Big jump. The reason it was such a big jump was because people commented on the bad things that the game had. Thus the huge improvement was made in AC2.
Really ??? so no one criticized ACB ?

DavisP92
12-26-2011, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:

you canít compare the gameplay missions really except the fact in AC1 and 2 you could do any mission how you wanted without a big 50% sync FAIL popping up. But as for stealth AC1 beats all, iím referring to how you can approach your target without him knowing and kill him, yes ACR had this but not in the same way. Also AC1 gave more opportunities then any of there other games in how you can approach your target and kill them.

As for bombs, i donít really care for them. Nice to have them but i donít like they seriously made ACR about bombs more then assassinations.

Another thing is assassinations, they donít really have that many now. AC1 had 9 targets, plus some. And AC2 had more then 13 or so. Then ACB gives you 5 and ACR gives you what 3???

Story is shorter and isnít as good, I love AC games and this is the first one of them all that I could care less for the story all the way up until sequence 6 or 7.

Agreeing with Assassin_M, ppl did criticize ACB. I know i did and almost every post was against the direction they took it for combat and lack of stealth opportunities and assassinations.

FrankieSatt
12-26-2011, 10:13 AM
Without critics UbiSoft wouldn't know what they need to do better in the next game.

Revelations is good, but there is nothing there that makes it unique. The same thing with Brotherhood. Both games are just AC2 with very few enhancements that really don't warrent the full $60.00 price tag.

To me they are nothing more than expansions, not full blown games.

We need AC3 not more of the same game for the same price.

playassassins1
12-26-2011, 11:00 AM
I thought Den Defense was fun, but i didn't care about it.

Bombs added allot more ways to kill your enemies, so that was a good thing they added.

The Desmond missions..... I don't really get why people didn't like them. But if they didn't like them you just leave them, because you're not being forced to play the Desmond Missions .

Ending of ACR was really expected (for me) except for the <span class="ev_code_WHITE">TWCB part</span>

Story line was short but it had a great story.

Altair missions were nothing like i expected, but thats a good thing.

Constantinople was a very great city with a few big landmarks, which i liked.

Graphics were a big improvement. And the characters looked better than in the previous games. But to be honest, Uncharted 3's graphics were slightly better.

Yusuf is a great character but <span class="ev_code_WHITE">to bad he dies</span>

overall the game had some things that could've been better, but the game was great and i wish to see more great games like this one.

Assassin_M
12-26-2011, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by playassassins1:

Bombs added allot more ways to kill your enemies, so that was a good thing they added.

The Desmond missions..... I don't really get why people didn't like them. But if they didn't like them you just leave them, because you're not being forced to play the Desmond Missions .

Ending of ACR was really expected (for me) except for the <span class="ev_code_WHITE">TWCB part</span>

Graphics were a big improvement. And the characters looked better than in the previous games. But to be honest, Uncharted 3's graphics were slightly better.

Yusuf is a great character but <span class="ev_code_WHITE">to bad he dies</span>

overall the game had some things that could've been better, but the game was great and i wish to see more great games like this one.
I like This ^

Sarari
12-26-2011, 11:19 AM
@Assassin_M Of course people complained about ACB http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

They improved a lot of the stuff from ACB in ACR. What I'm saying is that we shouldn't be to picky about everything, but still we should inform Ubisoft about some problems with the game so they can improve. How else will the game keep on advancing in popularity.

Assassin_M
12-26-2011, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Sarari:
@Assassin_M Of course people complained about ACB http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

They improved a lot of the stuff from ACB in ACR. What I'm saying is that we shouldn't be to picky about everything, but still we should inform Ubisoft about some problems with the game so they can improve. How else will the game keep on advancing in popularity.
Of course, but not in such a way that disrespects everything the Modern Human Norms stand for.
Criticism is appreciated, when its relevant and not disrespectful, which seem to be the forces driving criticisms here.
Im not against criticism, Im against the Idiotic Minority that calls itself the "Huge fanbase".

DavisP92
12-26-2011, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by playassassins1:

the main reason why i didn't like the desmond parts was because they talked about it being what Revelations was about for desmond. So almost everyone I know that likes AC thought we would play as Desmond during those memories. But instead we got a dumb wannabe Mirror's Edge.

ProdiGurl
12-26-2011, 12:47 PM
The issue is when the Critics feel that they need to take over every thread to complain & whine in it.

When a person makes a thread, people should respect what they're asking or just not post on it. Nobody is saying "don't criticize", this person is imo trying to start a thread free of it - yet they keep getting critics to explain why they need to continue doing it everywhere.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif