PDA

View Full Version : An Assassin's Creed Dynasty: A MUST READ!!!

bballluva0710
07-21-2010, 10:31 PM
Here's my take on what is/always will be my favorite game franchise of all time:

In quoting Assassin's Creed producer, Sebastian Puel, "we could do 35 of these". And you know what, I wouldn't mind that for a millisecond.
I think the gaming world has something really really special here with the AC franchise. Lighting in a bottle. We have an unbelievable opportunity to explore times & places of world history that have never been touched, sniffed, or given passing thought to before now. The Third Crusade & the Italian Renaissance have given us just a taste of what Assassins Creed is capable of.
What I am hoping to do in this forum is pay homage to the creators, developers, and anyone who has contributed to Assassin's Creed, but at the same time share my ideas for what I'd love to see in the future of this series. While I'm hoping that someone from the AC team reads this and enjoys seeing what I have to say and tells the rest of the AC team about my ideas, I'm not looking for any recognition or credit or anything like that. I've become so passionate and immersed in this AC culture and more interested in the history of our world and I hope that the AC franchise will allow me and everyone else to stay completely enthralled for many years to come. Honestly, I would be utterly devastated if the series ends after a present/future-based AC3.

I have two theories in mind that intertwine very interestingly. One being the locations of the Pieces of Eden and the other being the use of ancestral memories of the other present-day assassins to help find the PoE.
Firstly, many of my ideas will be based on the assumption that the Assassin symbols and dots on the AC2 codex map are indicating the locations of PoE and other important places (ie. hidden temples, Templar/Assassin strongholds) because I do not think those dots and symbols were put on the map for no reason.
Secondly, has anyone considered that someone else besides Desmond can use the Animus (Lucy, Shaun, Rebecca, or even a new character not yet revealed to us) to become more well-rounded assassins since it seems they will need all the manpower they can get? Plus, their ancestorsí memories can help find the locations of various PoE because Desmondís ancestors could only have come from so many places. Also consider that the present-day story line can be dragged out (in a good way) for awhile. Perhaps it will take an entire campaign to acquire one PoE? If I was a betting man, Iíd say there will be other twists and turns to keep us occupied from focusing on just acquiring Pieces of Eden.
KEEP IN MIND: everything I suggest doesnít necessarily have to be itís own title and of course, everything is open for discussion. And btw, the gender of the ancestor doesnít necessarily have to be the same as the person who is in the Animus.

Scandinavia in the Viking Age (8th-12th century) - The Christianization of Scandinavia
This time and place isnít the sexiest setting ever but can very much be implemented into the AC world. Religious conflict is the backbone of this game and this era is more than qualified. Vikings are known for worshipping gods of war, so mix the violent culture of the Vikings with the Christian world trying to spread north, I think makes a great combo. And here comes the drama... When Christianity began dominating Scandinavia, people who still worshipped Viking beliefs were often executed or exiled. Dare I suggest that the Scandinavian rulers, (Olaf and Olaf II) who aided Christianization by being voluntarily baptized, could possibly be Templars? Just sayin....
Also, from what Iíve checked out, the architecture seems adequate enough that we can still enjoy our assassin parkour ways of getting around cities. I can easily see Shaun Hastings having ancestors from this time based on looks and heís British which is not far from Scandinavia.

Ancient Egypt (Moses and The Exodus - really old), (King Tut - 14 century BC), (Alexander the Great - 4th century BC), (Cleopatra - 1st century BC)
Iíve heard rumors that there could be something set in Egypt. I think any one of these three ages would work and hereís why. Hell, maybe all three can coexist in the same game!
With Moses, this is one of the most important times in manís history. IT. IS. EPICLY. HUGE. We learned that Moses used a PoE to part the Red Sea. The story can pretty much focus on how he attained this PoE. But, Moses is not the character we control. For one, he isnít an assassin and two, he wouldnít have anything to do with an assassin order anyways because he is not violent. Heís Moses for crying out loud! In fact, I donít envision Moses making too many appearances in the game except for a couple really climactic and crucial moments. Instead, we take on the role of perhaps an Egyptian who is secretly an assassin but they can gain access to very private places in the kingdom. Or, and I like this idea better, an early remnant of the Brotherhood starts in the Jewish slave quarters and we take on the role of a Jewish slave who helps lead the uprising and exodus from behind the scenes.
With King Tut, I honestly donít have much suggestion right now but I know that his death is shrouded in mystery. Hmmmmmm.....
With Alexander, although he wasnít in Egypt for long, he was a significant part of itís history. We know from the AC2 Assassin Temple that he was poisoned by the female assassin, Iltani in Babylon. So, this game will allow us to travel a bit more instead of being stuck in Egypt.
With Cleopatra, we also know from the Assassin Temple that she is assassinated by Amunet, a female assassin. This would be very interesting to see how we can use a snake as a weapon in this game.
Overall, I think an Egyptian AC would be best if all of these eras were implemented into one game. Desmond and Rebecca strike me as the types who could have ancestors from this region. We can play with Iltani and Amunet when Rebecca is in the Animus and then control the Exodus era and King Tut assassins with Desmond in the Animus. Or you can let Lucy have one of the females assassins as well.

Feudal Japan (12-16 century)
Pretty much, I donít see how we can have an Assassin franchise and not include the Eastern hemisphere. Ninjas, Samurai, Shaolin Monks, you name it. The possibilities seem endless. The weaponry is so different, yet fits so perfectly with the type of weaponry that we are already used to in AssCreed. The style of fighting would be a sight to see. Need I paint a picture of countering an attack with a backflip or something crazy like that?! Way too intriguing to list every idea right now. If I had to say a specific time of Feudal Japan, perhaps the Mongolian invasions but I havenít looked too hard into it. Iíd definitely say an Eastern Asia AC is a must!

West Africa during Atlantic slave trade (16-17 century)
Assuming the Assassin symbols mean ďPoE locationĒ, then thereís one in West Africa. It would definitely have to take place some time after European colonization because of the primitive tribal architecture not meeting AC standards. The time of the Atlantic slave trade was complete turmoil. African royalty betrayed many of their own people in exchange for European treasures, weapons, and ďtechnologyĒ. There is too much controversy and drama to be had in this time in history to be ignored. I would love to learn to fight as an African assassin and use the different weapons they had. Perhaps towards the end of the story, your assassin becomes a slave or stow away on a ship to get to the new world. Which segues into my next idea....

Central & South America America (Hernan Cortesí Spanish conquest of the Aztecs - 16 century)
Another must if you ask me. The AC team canít possibly ignore the mystery shrouded behind all of those unbelievable Central American temples. Plus, thereís two Assassin symbols (PoE) off the west coast of South America. The PoE I have in mind for this time period is the one which looks to be on the Galapagos Islands. I can just imagine that in a last ditch effort to save their PoE from the hands of Cortes and his conquistadors, the remaining Aztecs escape to the shores and happen across these islands and remain there until they inevitably meet their extinction. Being Aztec warrior/assassin would be pretty badass by the way.

North America (French-Indian War 1754-1763 & Revolutionary War 1775-1783)
This scenario, in my opinion, is best if we get to play as an Indian. Specifically an Indian who is a part of the Iroquois nation since they heavily involved in both conflicts. I think it would work best if our assassin, for instance, is a young man during the French-Indian war and is still naive and learning the ways of the assassin. By the time of the Revolution, our assassin is a legend. The plot line for this time in American history has so many possibilities. Just trying to figure out which colonists could be Templars in the game gives me chills. If you look at the codex map, thereís an Assassin symbol located in Philadelphia.

Other possible times in history:
Mongolian invasions of 13th century
War of the Roses (England 1455-1485)
Thirty Yearsí War (Holy Roman Empire 1618-1648)
French Revolution/Napoleonic Wars (1789-1815)
Industrial Revolution (18-19 century)
Russian Civil War (1917-1921)

Whew! Thanks for reading guys. Sorry it was so long, but not sorry enough to keep it to myself, haha. Hope you enjoyed the read!

bballluva0710
07-21-2010, 10:31 PM
Here's my take on what is/always will be my favorite game franchise of all time:

In quoting Assassin's Creed producer, Sebastian Puel, "we could do 35 of these". And you know what, I wouldn't mind that for a millisecond.
I think the gaming world has something really really special here with the AC franchise. Lighting in a bottle. We have an unbelievable opportunity to explore times & places of world history that have never been touched, sniffed, or given passing thought to before now. The Third Crusade & the Italian Renaissance have given us just a taste of what Assassins Creed is capable of.
What I am hoping to do in this forum is pay homage to the creators, developers, and anyone who has contributed to Assassin's Creed, but at the same time share my ideas for what I'd love to see in the future of this series. While I'm hoping that someone from the AC team reads this and enjoys seeing what I have to say and tells the rest of the AC team about my ideas, I'm not looking for any recognition or credit or anything like that. I've become so passionate and immersed in this AC culture and more interested in the history of our world and I hope that the AC franchise will allow me and everyone else to stay completely enthralled for many years to come. Honestly, I would be utterly devastated if the series ends after a present/future-based AC3.

I have two theories in mind that intertwine very interestingly. One being the locations of the Pieces of Eden and the other being the use of ancestral memories of the other present-day assassins to help find the PoE.
Firstly, many of my ideas will be based on the assumption that the Assassin symbols and dots on the AC2 codex map are indicating the locations of PoE and other important places (ie. hidden temples, Templar/Assassin strongholds) because I do not think those dots and symbols were put on the map for no reason.
Secondly, has anyone considered that someone else besides Desmond can use the Animus (Lucy, Shaun, Rebecca, or even a new character not yet revealed to us) to become more well-rounded assassins since it seems they will need all the manpower they can get? Plus, their ancestorsí memories can help find the locations of various PoE because Desmondís ancestors could only have come from so many places. Also consider that the present-day story line can be dragged out (in a good way) for awhile. Perhaps it will take an entire campaign to acquire one PoE? If I was a betting man, Iíd say there will be other twists and turns to keep us occupied from focusing on just acquiring Pieces of Eden.
KEEP IN MIND: everything I suggest doesnít necessarily have to be itís own title and of course, everything is open for discussion. And btw, the gender of the ancestor doesnít necessarily have to be the same as the person who is in the Animus.

Scandinavia in the Viking Age (8th-12th century) - The Christianization of Scandinavia
This time and place isnít the sexiest setting ever but can very much be implemented into the AC world. Religious conflict is the backbone of this game and this era is more than qualified. Vikings are known for worshipping gods of war, so mix the violent culture of the Vikings with the Christian world trying to spread north, I think makes a great combo. And here comes the drama... When Christianity began dominating Scandinavia, people who still worshipped Viking beliefs were often executed or exiled. Dare I suggest that the Scandinavian rulers, (Olaf and Olaf II) who aided Christianization by being voluntarily baptized, could possibly be Templars? Just sayin....
Also, from what Iíve checked out, the architecture seems adequate enough that we can still enjoy our assassin parkour ways of getting around cities. I can easily see Shaun Hastings having ancestors from this time based on looks and heís British which is not far from Scandinavia.

Ancient Egypt (Moses and The Exodus - really old), (King Tut - 14 century BC), (Alexander the Great - 4th century BC), (Cleopatra - 1st century BC)
Iíve heard rumors that there could be something set in Egypt. I think any one of these three ages would work and hereís why. Hell, maybe all three can coexist in the same game!
With Moses, this is one of the most important times in manís history. IT. IS. EPICLY. HUGE. We learned that Moses used a PoE to part the Red Sea. The story can pretty much focus on how he attained this PoE. But, Moses is not the character we control. For one, he isnít an assassin and two, he wouldnít have anything to do with an assassin order anyways because he is not violent. Heís Moses for crying out loud! In fact, I donít envision Moses making too many appearances in the game except for a couple really climactic and crucial moments. Instead, we take on the role of perhaps an Egyptian who is secretly an assassin but they can gain access to very private places in the kingdom. Or, and I like this idea better, an early remnant of the Brotherhood starts in the Jewish slave quarters and we take on the role of a Jewish slave who helps lead the uprising and exodus from behind the scenes.
With King Tut, I honestly donít have much suggestion right now but I know that his death is shrouded in mystery. Hmmmmmm.....
With Alexander, although he wasnít in Egypt for long, he was a significant part of itís history. We know from the AC2 Assassin Temple that he was poisoned by the female assassin, Iltani in Babylon. So, this game will allow us to travel a bit more instead of being stuck in Egypt.
With Cleopatra, we also know from the Assassin Temple that she is assassinated by Amunet, a female assassin. This would be very interesting to see how we can use a snake as a weapon in this game.
Overall, I think an Egyptian AC would be best if all of these eras were implemented into one game. Desmond and Rebecca strike me as the types who could have ancestors from this region. We can play with Iltani and Amunet when Rebecca is in the Animus and then control the Exodus era and King Tut assassins with Desmond in the Animus. Or you can let Lucy have one of the females assassins as well.

Feudal Japan (12-16 century)
Pretty much, I donít see how we can have an Assassin franchise and not include the Eastern hemisphere. Ninjas, Samurai, Shaolin Monks, you name it. The possibilities seem endless. The weaponry is so different, yet fits so perfectly with the type of weaponry that we are already used to in AssCreed. The style of fighting would be a sight to see. Need I paint a picture of countering an attack with a backflip or something crazy like that?! Way too intriguing to list every idea right now. If I had to say a specific time of Feudal Japan, perhaps the Mongolian invasions but I havenít looked too hard into it. Iíd definitely say an Eastern Asia AC is a must!

West Africa during Atlantic slave trade (16-17 century)
Assuming the Assassin symbols mean ďPoE locationĒ, then thereís one in West Africa. It would definitely have to take place some time after European colonization because of the primitive tribal architecture not meeting AC standards. The time of the Atlantic slave trade was complete turmoil. African royalty betrayed many of their own people in exchange for European treasures, weapons, and ďtechnologyĒ. There is too much controversy and drama to be had in this time in history to be ignored. I would love to learn to fight as an African assassin and use the different weapons they had. Perhaps towards the end of the story, your assassin becomes a slave or stow away on a ship to get to the new world. Which segues into my next idea....

Central & South America America (Hernan Cortesí Spanish conquest of the Aztecs - 16 century)
Another must if you ask me. The AC team canít possibly ignore the mystery shrouded behind all of those unbelievable Central American temples. Plus, thereís two Assassin symbols (PoE) off the west coast of South America. The PoE I have in mind for this time period is the one which looks to be on the Galapagos Islands. I can just imagine that in a last ditch effort to save their PoE from the hands of Cortes and his conquistadors, the remaining Aztecs escape to the shores and happen across these islands and remain there until they inevitably meet their extinction. Being Aztec warrior/assassin would be pretty badass by the way.

North America (French-Indian War 1754-1763 & Revolutionary War 1775-1783)
This scenario, in my opinion, is best if we get to play as an Indian. Specifically an Indian who is a part of the Iroquois nation since they heavily involved in both conflicts. I think it would work best if our assassin, for instance, is a young man during the French-Indian war and is still naive and learning the ways of the assassin. By the time of the Revolution, our assassin is a legend. The plot line for this time in American history has so many possibilities. Just trying to figure out which colonists could be Templars in the game gives me chills. If you look at the codex map, thereís an Assassin symbol located in Philadelphia.

Other possible times in history:
Mongolian invasions of 13th century
War of the Roses (England 1455-1485)
Thirty Yearsí War (Holy Roman Empire 1618-1648)
French Revolution/Napoleonic Wars (1789-1815)
Industrial Revolution (18-19 century)
Russian Civil War (1917-1921)

Whew! Thanks for reading guys. Sorry it was so long, but not sorry enough to keep it to myself, haha. Hope you enjoyed the read!

bearsbball11
07-21-2010, 11:25 PM
Wow, looks like you put a lot of thought into this. Great read http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Elbrujo1978
07-22-2010, 12:30 AM
Very good places for next games, maybe the Atlantis will be good.

Jedted
07-22-2010, 12:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Elbrujo1978:
Very good places for next games, maybe the Atlantis will be good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Atlantis will turn out be a reminant of the ancient civilization that created the Pieces of Eden.

Xanatos2007
07-22-2010, 12:52 AM
Let's keep AC3+ discussions in one thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6831010868/p/6) for convenience. I already posted bballluva's theories there.

Ru1986
07-22-2010, 02:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Let's keep AC3+ discussions in one thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6831010868/p/6) for convenience. I already posted bballluva's theories there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree i have just read this twice http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

EzioAssassin51
07-22-2010, 02:35 AM
Welcome to the forums!!

I agree, i would love for there to be like 35 AC's but as long as each are as awesome, no, even more awesome, than the last!

Plus, i think the symbols on the map were the locations of the vaults!

Ru1986
07-22-2010, 03:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
Welcome to the forums!!

I agree, i would love for there to be like 35 AC's but as long as each are as awesome, no, even more awesome, than the last!

Plus, i think the symbols on the map were the locations of the vaults! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point they are yes.

Murcuseo
07-22-2010, 04:55 AM
Oh Hell Yessh! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjpCU4Zy9Cs)

notafanboy
07-22-2010, 05:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:
Oh Hell Yessh! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjpCU4Zy9Cs) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
what ?

Murcuseo
07-22-2010, 05:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by notafanboy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:
what ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whuu?

notafanboy
07-22-2010, 05:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by notafanboy:
what ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whuu? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
woot

BTOG46
07-22-2010, 05:47 AM
Nicely written post bballluva0710, but since redirections have been given to the existing thread, and this thread is now attracting pointless spam, I'll close it now.