PDA

View Full Version : Uplay PC Client - August 2nd, 2018

Ubi-Seraxia
08-02-2018, 10:04 AM
Changes in this release:

The “verify your email” banner will now appear more often.
The 2-Step Verification reminder will now appear more often.

Bug Fixes:

Fixed a bug where some files could occasionally remain after uninstalling the client.

As always, if you encounter any issues or have any feedback, please let us know!

/Uplay PC Team

Outernaut
08-19-2018, 11:12 PM
For me, Farcry 3 has always played well on my Vista box. But now, this latest forced upgrade goes in circles, first checking for an upgrade then upgrading then checking again, then upgrading again and on it goes in an eternal loop. When I finally reached a human at Ubi, I was told to buy a new computer, with a new operating system, new video card, and then MAYBE Uplay might load, but as history has shown us, Ubi will turn it's back on users of Windows 7, 8, 10 and so on... just as they have with XP and Vista. Why should I fork out more momney just for a updated version of Uplay (the games work fine - it's Uplay that is being the BULLY)
I don't see why I should have to spend almost $1,500.00 just to be able to use the latest Uplay so I can play games that should and did work without Uplay.

Ubi may have updated their Uplay, but they downgraded - again - their reputation of honesty, caring, and planning. I certainly won't be buying anything Uplay, Ubisoft or related games again.

I've played many of the Uplay games for years, but this latest FORCED Uplay upgrade killed any ability I had to play any of the games I have from Uplay.

In short, without Uplay, I cannot even play Offline mode, can't play any of the games and all this came without any warning, care, concern or forethought on Ubi's part.

Summary: Ubisifot has practiced one of the sleaziest, slimiest, most underhanded dump on many of it's users since the Internet Slime Pond started to stink.
It is way beyond bad business practice, and just because Ubi is another of those giants that thinks they can get away with anything, and will - for a while, will one day see a honest company with integrity come along and sink Ubi. Happens a lot - the bigger you are, the longer it may take, but the fall from grace will be loud and ripple honesty and integrity through the world of game makers. Remember what Karma is? No? Well Google it.