PDA

View Full Version : Deflect Mechanic Idea

ishisan4902
07-31-2018, 05:48 PM
HI guys just wanted to post an idea deflecting for assasin characters is really buggy to do consistently. isnt it better to change it with a light parry command like HL crushing counterstrike move. This would make it much more usable in a fight and would open up much more of the moveset for assasin characters. any ideas you might have would be welcome just wanted to know what you guys think of my idea.

Knight_Raime
07-31-2018, 06:47 PM
It's not buggy. the frames to do a deflect are not instantly active on side dodges like it is on forward dodge. If you can keep that in mind you can deflect consistently.

ishisan4902
07-31-2018, 07:09 PM
Sorry for using the word buggy don't know how to explain it but wouldn't it be better to use light parry mechanic than dodge. As you said with dodge it's not instantly active won't it better mechanic for the move?

Knight_Raime
07-31-2018, 07:23 PM
Sorry for using the word buggy don't know how to explain it but wouldn't it be better to use light parry mechanic than dodge. As you said with dodge it's not instantly active won't it better mechanic for the move?

If side deflects are too bad to be used normally they can just move the active frames to be closer to the start like it is with forward dodge and then they'ed be fine. Making deflect a crushing counter input just sounds really weird to me. Deflect on dodge makes sense considering how assassins work (being able to dodge after being hitstunned and being generally about dodge attacks.)

HazelrahFirefly
07-31-2018, 07:27 PM
Hmmm, if Crushing Counter wasn't already a thing in the game (light attack + direction) then it might be a very interesting idea to open up four kinds of parries... but speculation on the matter seems too pointless unfortunately.

ishisan4902
08-01-2018, 01:37 AM
I heard that before when beta deflect could be activated just by blocking so it wouldn't be that far from the original input just adding the light attack input. I was not here during beta started with season 1 already so don't know how it worked back then but I feel that changing this will make deflect better to use sorry my English is limited so I don't know the word to describe what I want to say fully.