PDA

View Full Version : Warlord is the only hero that makes me physically want to hurt someone

PepsiBeastin
07-29-2018, 08:22 PM
I fail to see how anything about him is healthy for this game. It's especially infuriating when they just spam headbutt and turtle for parries to get you OOS, then do that ***king stupid 360 sprint into their sprint charge. Like Shugoki has to wait at least a second or more into his sprint to use his charge, why can't we give this to raider and warlord? The ones who fight like this are always self-aware of how cancerous they are, when they ledge you or kill you they spam the stupid emote where warlord crouches down.

Devils-_-legacy
07-29-2018, 08:49 PM
I'm not even sure why they gave warlord raider ub running cc moves it makes no sense all they need of do is run in circles and bypass all of the fight mechanics and just rewards the team with free damage

Pippin_n_merry
09-20-2018, 08:16 AM
Before you go and cry about warlords spamming headbutts, you need to remember something. The character has TWO combos. Both of which are extremely slow and easy to party. Also, warlord has been nerfed in just about every season. So if you lose to a warlord in any gamemode without the aid of an environmental kill, you got out played.

Siegfried-Z
09-20-2018, 08:47 AM
Before you go and cry about warlords spamming headbutts, you need to remember something. The character has TWO combos. Both of which are extremely slow and easy to party. Also, warlord has been nerfed in just about every season. So if you lose to a warlord in any gamemode without the aid of an environmental kill, you got out played.

While i agree Warlord got no OP moove and has been nerfed many times. He is still efficient and i understand what Pepsi want to say.. it is just that fighting a Warlord is really boring.. (as it is to play Warlord btw..).

Maybe he's got just 2 combo.. but if they works a char doesn't need 10 combo to be good.

They always do the same, lights and heavy feinted for another light, or a zone, or a headbutt.. sometimes a GB. From neutral some just land light and stop and light and stop and spam headbutt...

And then in 4v4 they just try to Charge you or GB for ledges and wallsplat ...

Its not that Warlord is OP or anything, of course he isn't.. he is just incredibly annoying.

Klingentaenz3r
09-20-2018, 09:55 AM
I had some of my most fun matches against some Warlord dude who was prepping for a tournament (not the game mode btw). But it was a guy that enjoyed fighting back and forth just like me so there was constant action. Maybe I try to look it up tmr evening or so and post it here. However I can also relate a lot to pepsi and that there are many Warlord players that play boring and more passively, eagerly trying not to open themselves up just looking out for possible parry punishes with the intention to break the game for the opposing player entirely by restricting their movement and keep them controlled without throwing out sth that might be unsafe.

Not necessarily. Warlord is still one of the very best duelist, even though he has a small kit and very basic moves. Headbutt is one of the fastest bashes (second quickest if I am not mistaken) and usually evaded on read, not reaction (hence the alternate threat of potentially getting guardbroken into wallsplat punish). His crushing charge is absolutely an overpowered move and the reason why he is still in such high regards for tournament players.
For the greater good I agree that he still needs some sort of rework. Some addtional moves that bring more variety into his gameplay and some good looks at his throwing distance and crushing charge and even some of his damage values.
And lastly he was not nerfed in about every season.. He was nerfed somewhat after season 1 if I remember correctly and then it was quite long he remained untouched until his damage and recovery nerf came in in last year's late fall.

Thorstein31
09-20-2018, 01:17 PM
If you canít beat warlord after all the nerfs you should go Back to training. He is a shadow of he once was, and is one of the weakeast heroes now.
Warden, conqueror and berzerker are the top dogs now, those you should complain about, not the over nerfed warlord.

Siegfried-Z
09-20-2018, 02:46 PM
If you can’t beat warlord after all the nerfs you should go Back to training. He is a shadow of he once was, and is one of the weakeast heroes now.
Warden, conqueror and berzerker are the top dogs now, those you should complain about, not the over nerfed warlord.

If you read properly his comment, he did not say Warlord is OP but he says he is frustrating to fight. Which is true.

But yes, Warden, Conq and Zerk are far more OP now. i would say Warden is the worst, then Zerk and then Conq. From my own experience.

Hormly
09-20-2018, 03:01 PM
I was OK fighting warlords back when our dodge was 500ms because you could punish his headbutt with a GB. Since they normalized dodges the headbutt is unpinishable 😞 and considering his kit is otherwise bone dry, there's not much he can do aside from exploit a cheesy unlock mechanic.

The headbutt is reactable though, does only 16 dmg, and burns the WLs stamina, as well as its timing not being delayable at all.

After a year of constant nerfs he feels like a husk of broken mechanics, certainly needs a rework

bannex19
09-20-2018, 03:43 PM
The warlord needs massive amounts of love. Complaining about his one trick would be like screaming about how good the Cleveland browns are because their kicker nailed a 60 yard field goal.

yfkutfui
09-20-2018, 04:08 PM
the best warlords are turtle masters, he has been nerfed to the ground so i kind of respect a player that can compete well with a Warlord (barring the tossers who just do the shield bash throw thing, that's cheap)

i recently had a good tussle with one and i had to hand it to him he blocked and parried on the next level and deserved the win. i rushed in and he played with patience and to the characters strength.

HazelrahFirefly
09-20-2018, 04:14 PM
Just dont blame the players who use Warlords. Ubi are the ones who are too slow to give him and a few others reworks. Warlords gotta do what they gotta do, or just get stomped.

DefiledDragon
09-20-2018, 04:29 PM
Players will always exploit broken mechanics. You can't blame players for spamming broken moves because they will use whatever works best and if the characters are designed so poorly that they only have one or two viable options, you're going to see those options utilised almost exclusively, particularly if they are difficult to punish. It's not the players fault. Ubisoft just don't have the experience to make something like For Honor work. The need to collaborate with another studio that has the experience with the genre and get them to balance out the mechanics, otherwise it's just going to be one broken moveset after another with every rework.

Tyrjo
09-20-2018, 06:56 PM
If you have any ideas on how to change him. Please post in my thread here:

How to fix Warlord
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1889205-How-to-fix-Warlord

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
09-21-2018, 04:53 AM
What they need to do is get rid of emotions and toggle chat spam. Have it for tactical messaging only. No more "sorry or "thanks on console. When you purchase a game you have the right to not be cyberbullied.