PDA

View Full Version : A question about the FW's not addressed so far

XyZspineZyX
11-29-2003, 11:34 PM
Why do the FW190's series bounce around the when rolling on the ground? I find the Me109's much more stable in this regard and this is contrary to the undercarriage layouts on the two models. Shouldn't the FW's be more sure footed with their wider track?

Food for thought and I also hope the bar on the Spits cockpit is not going to be so prominent like that of the FW. All counts had both Spits and FW's with great view through the sights down the nose. I know nothing is going to be done to the FW but I hope the Spit doesn't become another sight obscured plane.

XyZspineZyX
11-29-2003, 11:34 PM
Why do the FW190's series bounce around the when rolling on the ground? I find the Me109's much more stable in this regard and this is contrary to the undercarriage layouts on the two models. Shouldn't the FW's be more sure footed with their wider track?

Food for thought and I also hope the bar on the Spits cockpit is not going to be so prominent like that of the FW. All counts had both Spits and FW's with great view through the sights down the nose. I know nothing is going to be done to the FW but I hope the Spit doesn't become another sight obscured plane.

XyZspineZyX
11-29-2003, 11:47 PM
Try taking off Fw A or F on the grass, far off airfield. It is...interesting. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-30-2003, 12:58 AM
It seems to me that all of the aircraft in IL-2 bounce too much when landing. The oleos of the landing grear on most of these machines were designed to reduce this as much as possible by absorbing the vertical sink rate without springing back to full extension too quickly. Unless this is addressed by Oleg in the upcoming BOB sim, any carrier ops planned in future add-ons will be very difficult indeed!

"Those people in aviation, who think they know it all, are particularly annoying to those of us who really do" /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

IV/JG51_Razor
Intelligence Officer

XyZspineZyX
11-30-2003, 02:05 AM
Also the sluggish acceleration of the 190 A series when taking off. It needs to be fixed.

<center>

http://members.chello.se/unni/rote3.JPG

'When it comes to aircombat, I'd rather be lucky than good any day!'

</center>

XyZspineZyX
11-30-2003, 05:39 AM
I also find it hard to take off in the A6M Zero, because it frequently does lag maneuvers in which the nose bobbles up and down. I've had prop strikes when I'm on the ground and my engine hasn't even started yet!

Boosher-PBNA
----------------
<center>It's your fault... <center>
Boosher-ProudBirds-VFW
http://www.uploadit.org/files/220903-Boosher%20Sig.jpg