PDA

View Full Version : Telegraph/Telephone lines?

Zhengiskhan
07-28-2018, 03:26 PM
The telephone was probably one of the greatest invention of the second half of the 19th century.
I think it would be a nice addition to the game to be able to produce telephones, create a "telephone company" that would connect all the telephone lines of the colony (requiring electricity of course)
It could have a bonus on efficiency for industrial/public buildings and also be a requirement for the upper class?

https://i.imgur.com/ZIcy4kQ.png

What do you think of this?

stylisticsagi
07-28-2018, 03:54 PM
Well i think telephones could certainly be an end-game good in the game.
Altough with the last update we were already informed your citizens will demand power one day and when they get it the grid nearby a powerplant will show signs that it has electricity so why not imagin phone cables?(p.s. i am perfectly aware these two haven absolutly nothing in common with each other but anno does not need to be this detailed).
Your people will receive bonus(perhaps the fact they do not revolt count's as a bonus) when they have electricity as it has bee confirmed.

seperate companies in a players city has never been a part of anno and i see no reason why this should change.

Swimming-Paul
07-28-2018, 04:52 PM
I think thatīs a beautiful idea and an equally beautiful illustration, Zhengiskhan! I totally back your suggestion. Maybe it would make sense specially after the electrical lines have been recently announced in the Anno Union. The same lines could be used to bring telephone connection to the houses or some public buildings.