PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk strategy - Playing with 50s

FreshGroundFX
12-18-2011, 04:44 PM
Overall I love the AC multiplayer experience, it's a lot of fun playing with people of all ranks. But, when you start getting paired up with 50s things change.

Let me explain, so I am Level 50 and pretty much all games I play I am paired with 50's only. Sometimes there's a 38 or like a 45 in the mix.

But what I've noticed is the more you play with 50s, the less exciting the game becomes.

And I mean less exciting in terms of strategies and variation, not trying to win. (Of course 50s are a good competitive match)

BUT all 50's have the same strategy. Your abilities consist of Smoke Bomb and Mute/Charge. And that means all gameplay goes exactly the same way.

The past 15 or so Artifact Assault games I've played ended in an average score of 0-0. 1 flag is like the meaning of god.

It goes like this:

Artifact Assault:

-2 guys on the border (usually taunting and screwing around throwing smoke bombs at each other)
-1 guy protecting your flag
-1 guy that doubles as runner (for offensive) and roofer (for defensive)

Problem: 50s know all the tricks in the book. So the runner goes for the flag, the other team's runner is now in his defensive stance on the roof. The 2 guys from the border are also on the roof if they are smart, so they immediately go for the runner, and the defense from the other side will intercept the runner if the border guys don't get to him. If all 3 miss then the guy watching the flag gets his meal. (But they won't because killing from the roof is a cinch)

But with 50's, people don't get to the flag very often. And when they do it's SMOKEBOMB + TELEPORT.

Problem: Once you teleport some roofer is on you with a gun. No chance.

So the next question is this: "Denverseven, why don't you just get a better strategy?"

Answer: All strategies are trumped by SMOKEBOMB + MUTE/CHARGE (that is why all 50s play with those abilities - they are the best)

So how do you fight smokebombs?

Answer: With more smoke bombs.

Result: 2 guys on the border being silly throwing bombs at each other.

So in the end, as fun as it is to be a **** and stun people just for the fun of it, the point of Artifact Assault gets lost in translation and game play becomes repetitive and boring.

And not to go on any further I will end with Manhunt:

Swarm, SMOKEBOMB + MUTE/CHARGE

So what do you guys think? Let everyone know in the comments below.

xCr0wnedNorris
12-18-2011, 05:08 PM
There's a forum for this. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=frm&s=&f=2361024388) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

FreshGroundFX
12-18-2011, 05:13 PM
Oh sorry, I didn't notice I was posting in the general section.

A mod can delete this

Pageoan
08-19-2012, 08:08 PM
I think so too, definitely. I don't like the smoke bomb and teleport abilities. The smoke bomb is a very handy tool, but it's main purpose is to get rid of your pursuer, not to throw them in enemy territory and then stun everybody.

I hope that the AC team will make some dramatic changes to this.