PDA

View Full Version : crazy idea for matchmaking

SenBotsu893
07-28-2018, 02:49 PM
how about you match a 4 man premade group against other 4 man premade groups?

just did a match on my ps4 again and got matched against a 4 man arabic 150 ping group.

next match was against a 4 man italian premade group.

i fight alongside randoms.

so this really creazy idea got to me. why not match those premade groups against each other instead of matching them against randos?

i know i know this sounds like complete udder madness to match groups of equal strenght agaisnt groups of ewual strenght. must be crazy that some other games with similar groupings do exactly that....

also match arabic people to the asian servers and not to the european ones. the precious data even indicated that would be better ping wise so whats the holdup?

SenBotsu893
07-29-2018, 06:56 PM
would you look at that

4 man dutch professional raider raider lawbringer lawbringer ganksquad today

ubisoft if you ever want to make a proper matchmaking then match those premade groups against premade groups and let the randos fight randos

SenBotsu893
07-29-2018, 07:32 PM
and yet another different ganksquad faced against 3 randoms and a bot.

i cant believe this is such a common occurrence on ps4. its just disgusting.

Devils-_-legacy
07-29-2018, 07:44 PM
We need a solo queue every game I've played for the last month has just been randoms vs premades but tbf to ubisoft till now they have been focused on connectivity issues

SenBotsu893
07-29-2018, 07:56 PM
We need a solo queue every game I've played for the last month has just been randoms vs premades but tbf to ubisoft till now they have been focused on connectivity issues

do you play on ps4 too?

i only noticed it this severe on ps4. when i play on pc it seems to be not so common

Devils-_-legacy
07-29-2018, 08:07 PM
I've played on all platforms but ps4 does seem to be the worst for it (I got bored so i asked a few friends who are solos to keep track of the teams only one of my ps4 friends have had 20 or more games against solo vs solo in 100 games the majority are premade team of 4 vs solo 3 players and a bot ) xbox community is about the same but I get more matches with randoms on xbox or pc

SenBotsu893
07-30-2018, 06:58 PM
I've played on all platforms but ps4 does seem to be the worst for it (I got bored so i asked a few friends who are solos to keep track of the teams only one of my ps4 friends have had 20 or more games against solo vs solo in 100 games the majority are premade team of 4 vs solo 3 players and a bot ) xbox community is about the same but I get more matches with randoms on xbox or pc

jeah this seems to be the exact case. today after work i thought i do a quick match on the nice big tv and home cinema sound but oooh no again premade groups.
this time 3 vickings with a yoshi emblem. cool emblem but still ganking cowards only using stamped and crushing charge as soon as you are not directly locked on to them.

Helnekromancer
07-30-2018, 08:00 PM
Even when its not against a premade and you see it is all randoms, the game doesn't shuffle teams, hence why after the 1st game of Dominion is over the side the loses, most of the time leaves because they are going to be stuck with them again.

Darkmight_cz
07-30-2018, 08:18 PM
would you look at that

4 man dutch professional raider raider lawbringer lawbringer ganksquad today

ubisoft if you ever want to make a proper matchmaking then match those premade groups against premade groups and let the randos fight randos

I had better 4 x HL
I had so much fun it was like kick grab UB spam soooo funny 😄

HazelrahFirefly
07-30-2018, 09:01 PM
Nice ideas, but the matchmaking is basically garbo and there is not nearly as big a playerbase as they like about on the WD. They have to create teams any way they can or else no one would ever get to play.

The_B0G_
07-30-2018, 10:24 PM
Nice ideas, but the matchmaking is basically garbo and there is not nearly as big a playerbase as they like about on the WD. They have to create teams any way they can or else no one would ever get to play.

The last event on ps4 I had around 15 matches played and was at 40000+ for my rank, I think the player base is big enough.

I think they could shuffle it up a bit better and still use most of the player base, prioritize 4 man vs 4 man premades, if none are available put a 3 man vs 4 man and give the 3 man a random player. I don't think 4 man groups should be matched against anything less than a 3 man group though. Solo matchmakers should mostly play against other solo players and twos.

There should never be 4 solo players vs 4 man premade, it's toxic.

HazelrahFirefly
07-30-2018, 11:19 PM
For Honor has 9 trillion players.

See how easy it is to lie? It takes several minutes just to find a Dominion match sometimes on Saturday night. The Event numbers are inflated.

The_B0G_
07-31-2018, 12:31 AM
For Honor has 9 trillion players.

See how easy it is to lie? It takes several minutes just to find a Dominion match sometimes on Saturday night. The Event numbers are inflated.

Well there's only 8 billion people on the planet, so it's not that easy to lie apparently.
You think they inflate the player numbers? Take off your tinfoil hat, bud.

It hardly ever takes more than 15 seconds to find a match for me. Not sure what region you're playing in, but North American region has no problems with player base.