PDA

View Full Version : Guard break issue

BTLive7
07-28-2018, 04:41 AM
I'm gonna say it again because you guys didn't do a thing when I wrote about it... There's a problem with the guard break. When I GB someone and they do it at the right time (in a split second) I'm the one getting GB. This is annoying because I've lost a lot of fights because of this. Ubisoft, FIX IT.

Awlkara
07-28-2018, 02:11 PM
It's not a bug or an issue.

This game doesn't seem to have too much buffering.

What is really happening is that when both of you hit the GB button, both of you are placing an input to activate the GB, not to break it. You are going to have to hit the button again to actually break it. You just need to recognize when it's you who got GB'd and just hit the button one more time to break it.

Mirage6201
07-29-2018, 09:21 PM
This seems to happen to me when I hit heavy after gb. I believe the program thinks Iím using a heavy and the opponents gb catches me in the heavy startup.

RexXZ347
07-30-2018, 03:51 PM
I'm gonna say it again because you guys didn't do a thing when I wrote about it... There's a problem with the guard break. When I GB someone and they do it at the right time (in a split second) I'm the one getting GB. This is annoying because I've lost a lot of fights because of this. Ubisoft, FIX IT.

I've posted this many times. I thought it's just me. It happens to me alot of times.

AzureSky.
07-30-2018, 11:33 PM
This was already answered in the first months of for honor, if both of the players grab at the same time they both get their guard breaks nullified, but if you grab 100ms or more (don't know the exact value but it's very unforgiving if it's not the exact timing so let's say it's 100ms) the player that have the 100ms advantage wins, so you need to click the button again, one way to fix it yourself is to counter guard break based on sound, not on image, it does a clear sound when someone grabs you, try to practice with someone you need to touch the button when you hear that sound and you will get counter guard break 100% of the times

In my opinion they need to reduce the counter guard break timing so it's not that easy to do.