PDA

View Full Version : Season Victory... Vikings?!

Blindjackel03
07-27-2018, 04:16 PM
So if we ( the Vikings ) win today ( which we should), we should win the season... right?

We.the.North
07-27-2018, 05:06 PM
No, we would tie with the Samurai and whoever deployed the most war assets in the last round will be the winner.

Blindjackel03
07-27-2018, 05:08 PM
Us 👍🏼🤞🏼

Kryltic
07-27-2018, 05:11 PM
Shock horror, they win again... Seriously if the Vikings win again Ubi cannot deny that something needs to be done about it.

Maxime_Qc-
07-27-2018, 05:40 PM
If the viking win i will have win ALL the season till now 😁😂

1rst season was viking

2nd season samurai

3rd season knight

Then came back to viking and stay there

Lol

Probably gonna switch to wu ling in october !!

Maxime_Qc-
07-27-2018, 05:42 PM
Gonna have to try guessing right again...

Am i staying viking for season 6 ?

Don't really think they will win 3 times in a row

Tyrjo
07-27-2018, 06:18 PM
Shock horror, they win again... Seriously if the Vikings win again Ubi cannot deny that something needs to be done about it.

Wait for the equilibrium. The formula is set and eventually enough bad players will join the vikings for equilibrium to be achieved.

Kryltic
07-27-2018, 06:40 PM
It's never going to happen because as soon as enough people join the Vikings, that's when Ubi will decide that the bonus for smaller faction populations will be unfair and need removing. This will also be the same time that the Samurai end up as the smallest faction.

Also what a surprise, the Vikings sweep the map in the last day or so and win the campaign...

CandleInTheDark
07-27-2018, 06:47 PM
Again though it is the knights and their obsession with the volcano and squares around it. With the lead the knights had on a column of four squares, they could have taken all but one off the vikings and several off the samurai, that would have won them the whole season with the asset percentage lead they had.

Ubi aren't screwing the knights

The knights screw the knights

There is only one season in the last three or four they haven't had an overall asset percentage lead most of the rounds.

I feel more sorry for the samurai who have to pass through that charlie foxtrot to advance anywhere on the map and wind up falling into the same trap with less assets available to them.

Tyrjo
07-27-2018, 06:49 PM
It's never going to happen because as soon as enough people join the Vikings, that's when Ubi will decide that the bonus for smaller faction populations will be unfair and need removing. This will also be the same time that the Samurai end up as the smallest faction.

Also what a surprise, the Vikings sweep the map in the last day or so and win the campaign...

Well, if the Knights stopped obsessing over the bukkake into the volcano, things may turn out different.

Helnekromancer
07-27-2018, 07:30 PM
Ugh another loss Samurai can't get a break.
Come home from an early morning day of work to see Vikings with 40+ territory. Did every Samurai just go to sleep?

All we had to do was keep the Vikings at bay while the Knights circle-jerk around the Vultcano,oblivious that a war is going on.

All we had is that stupid copy & paste ornaments they gave to the Samurai in Season 2 and told us to basically "suck it up".

I want to switch to Wu Lin but they don't even have territory in the upcoming season so what's the point?

Kryltic
07-27-2018, 07:44 PM
You're all assuming I play as a Knight... I'm a Samurai player.

And yes, it's Ubi screwing over the faction war with bias... Get rid of the stupid bonus the Vikings get or give it some serious tweaking because all the faction war does now really os determine how much exp you get while playing. The fact that the Vikings either steamroll the whole thing or get a huge swing at the last second despite doing poorly for the majority of a season/round says that there is a problem.

CandleInTheDark
07-27-2018, 08:48 PM
You're all assuming I play as a Knight... I'm a Samurai player.

And yes, it's Ubi screwing over the faction war with bias... Get rid of the stupid bonus the Vikings get or give it some serious tweaking because all the faction war does now really os determine how much exp you get while playing. The fact that the Vikings either steamroll the whole thing or get a huge swing at the last second despite doing poorly for the majority of a season/round says that there is a problem.

Here is the thing though, how do you tweak it? They have told us that at the start of every week they reassign the bonus based on active users within that week, so in theory if everyone plays for the same amount of time, has the same average performance and make smart choices as to where to put assets then they all have the same opportunity to affect the faction war.

The problem is that some people are worse players or only play two days a week or only put assets on one square, the thing is they all have the same chance meaning each faction has the same chance, taking away the weighting truly would turn it into only one faction can win. This is the first season where anyone could have won it with a last round victory so that does show some improvement, the problem comes with how much dead weight each faction carries and that is something a lot harder to balance.

Personally I hope that a fourth faction, whenever they become active in the faction war (I believe Roman said not on release of the characters when asked about the emblem outline so the start of year three maybe?) will draw some of everyone and balance out both raw numbers of people and who actively plays and makes choices in the faction war rather than deploy to all or to one square.

Helnekromancer
07-27-2018, 09:14 PM
Here is the thing though, how do you tweak it? They have told us that at the start of every week they reassign the bonus based on active users within that week, so in theory if everyone plays for the same amount of time, has the same average performance and make smart choices as to where to put assets then they all have the same opportunity to affect the faction war.

The problem is that some people are worse players or only play two days a week or only put assets on one square, the thing is they all have the same chance meaning each faction has the same chance, taking away the weighting truly would turn it into only one faction can win. This is the first season where anyone could have won it with a last round victory so that does show some improvement, the problem comes with how much dead weight each faction carries and that is something a lot harder to balance.

Personally I hope that a fourth faction, whenever they become active in the faction war (I believe Roman said not on release of the characters when asked about the emblem outline so the start of year three maybe?) will draw some of everyone and balance out both raw numbers of people and who actively plays and makes choices in the faction war rather than deploy to all or to one square.

There's no way to control the faction war. You start the game up and all you see are territories, where's the faction orders, where's the Faction leaders,Faction Attackers and Defenders groups, Faction based modes?

And sure you can use sites like Discord but not everyone is going to use that, same goes for the faction forums. It's like Destiny putting their lore on a website, the vast majority are too lazy for that.

I asked my siblings about the faction war and they said "If the devs don't care about the Faction War why should we?"
Just appearing every week and saying go Vikings, or go Samurai and at the end of the season just giving stats is not going to motivate people to give a ****.
The game should push for the War so players feel apart of something,instead of just placing a flag on a square and ignoring it for the rest of your playtime.

It's frustrating how disorganized this "Faction War" is,

One faction stomps, another circle-jerks to memes, and the other constantly chokes. I agree, I can't wait for the new faction to come to see how the standings would play out, I'm sure there is a ton of dead weight in all the factions.

Hormly
07-27-2018, 09:28 PM
*drinks mead*

AkenoKobayashi
07-28-2018, 01:23 AM
I told you all the Vikings would win every season. The random wins by the Knights or Samurai are just ruses to make it seem like we had a chance.

Maxime_Qc-
07-28-2018, 02:25 AM
Thank you thank you 6 season win in a row !!

My balls are blessed ! (By ubi 😂)

zcubed
07-30-2018, 05:20 AM
The thing with this "faction war" is that it is not right. Why should what I earn be based on how others play? I used to put in well over 150+ hours a season and have only gotten 3rd place rewards, why some random other player(s) put in only 50 or less hours and get 1st place rewards, all because of a choice in faction. Drop this ******** and give players rewards based on what they put in. If they don't actively participate they shouldn't get a ****ing thing, while the players actually doing **** earn stuff based on a "tier" system around how much they put in. Sorry for the language, I absolutely hate manipulations regardless of intended purpose.

Take away the bonus, there is no need for a "low" population to get an adjustment if they're "the most active (winning)" group. That alone would prove that any perceived imbalance between a large population and small population is invalid. As the more active faction would win regardless of size. The system is set up as if "all" play the same amount which is a bad choice. If adjustments and bonuses are to be giving it should be dynamic and applied to the trailing faction and removed from the leading to keep every faction within striking distance of each other. This season did a better job of making the show interesting, but the outcome was already done before it started.

Even with a new faction incoming, I don't see any improvements to this territorial (faction) dispute. That said, congratulations again for this season and the next, to the Vikings.

Kryltic
07-30-2018, 09:27 AM
They clearly do a poor job of balancing the assets provided. Again, I rarely see other Samurai players, I mostly see Viking players.

To balance it, remove half of the bonus that the Vikings receive and half of the penalty the Samurai suffer and I bet you will see far closer games. The Samurai typically get crushed while the Vikings have free reign.

Klingentaenz3r
07-30-2018, 09:49 AM
Well, if the Knights stopped obsessing over the bukkake into the volcano, things may turn out different.

I honestly didn't see that behaviour this season too much. At least not in the final round. The knights were doing pretty well on PC on the last day too, but then suddenly after I checked after a couple of hours the vikings somehow invaded the map for about 40 territories and then we were not able to come back well enough. If I am not mistaken the samurai did not push them back like we did, but instead focused more on knight territory again.

DragonKingM
07-30-2018, 07:16 PM
Of course, because more people are active at the end of the season (especially Vikings)