PDA

View Full Version : WARNING E-MAILS VIRUS ATTACK !!!!!!

JastaV
07-05-2006, 02:39 AM
I've received a copy of e-mails containing suspected Virus infected zipped attachments !!!!
They have been addressed by members of the Fly sim comunity: that's clearly undestandable by e-mail "nickname" address !!!!!

I also have been warned by a member of the Fly Sim comunity of the trouble: he received an analogous e-mail from my PC.

I've just updated my PC antivirus program, then I scanned the HDs in detail, searching for suspected & infected files: the result was negative !!!!!
Indeed I erased, as my usual practice, "suspected" files without opening any executable file !!!!!

KEEP CARE !!!!! ALL SUSPECTED, VIRUS INFECTED ATTACHMENTS ARE ZIPPED FILES NAMED WITH A FEMALE FIRST NAME !!!!!

"ALICE", "JUDITH", "SIDNEY",.......

It seems like sender is using Fly Sim comunity member list/roster to spread the threat !!!!

KEEP CARE: DO NOT OPEN ANY SUSPECTED EXECUTABLE FROM ANY UNKNOWN SENDER.

JASTAV

JastaV
07-05-2006, 02:39 AM
I've received a copy of e-mails containing suspected Virus infected zipped attachments !!!!
They have been addressed by members of the Fly sim comunity: that's clearly undestandable by e-mail "nickname" address !!!!!

I also have been warned by a member of the Fly Sim comunity of the trouble: he received an analogous e-mail from my PC.

I've just updated my PC antivirus program, then I scanned the HDs in detail, searching for suspected & infected files: the result was negative !!!!!
Indeed I erased, as my usual practice, "suspected" files without opening any executable file !!!!!

KEEP CARE !!!!! ALL SUSPECTED, VIRUS INFECTED ATTACHMENTS ARE ZIPPED FILES NAMED WITH A FEMALE FIRST NAME !!!!!

"ALICE", "JUDITH", "SIDNEY",.......

It seems like sender is using Fly Sim comunity member list/roster to spread the threat !!!!

KEEP CARE: DO NOT OPEN ANY SUSPECTED EXECUTABLE FROM ANY UNKNOWN SENDER.

JASTAV

knightflyte
07-05-2006, 01:43 PM
I never open e-mails from anyone I don't know..... even then I'm VERY VERY cautous.

This gal Mary keeps offering me a good time http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif in the subject line. Hmmmmmmm you think she may have an 'STD?'

Thanks for the warning.... hopefully you saved someone from needless aggrivation.

Texas LongHorn
07-09-2006, 11:28 AM
JastaV, that's exactly why I use multiple computers. I use an old 300 just for e-mail. If it gets sick, so what. I may seem like a googy solution, but it's perfect in simplicity. Right now I'm typing on the big beast, the one I use for IL-2, but to be honest, I NEVER open e-mail from somebody I don't KNOW personally. All the best, LongHorn

gpang788
07-10-2006, 03:27 AM
Just dun go opening any emails from anyone u dun know thats all.