PDA

View Full Version : Machiavelli or Tazim?

GunnarGunderson
10-09-2011, 08:41 AM
Niccolo and Yusuf seem to fill the same role in their respective games, so who do you like more?

I never really liked Machiavelli, he just didn't seem very assassin like, especially since he was grand master for a time and didn't even wear assassin robes

dewgel
10-09-2011, 08:44 AM
Machiavelli was a temporary grand master until a suitable replacement was filled, and he was more of a political leader, not a fighter. Same as Al Mualim, he never went to battle.

Yusuf fills a totally different role, he is more the Mario of Revelations, although we can't really say until we see.

Yusuf is just the equivelant to Ezio / Mario but in Constantinople

Animuses
10-09-2011, 08:45 AM
I was never really a fan of Machiavelli.

Toxotes47
10-09-2011, 08:46 AM
I guess we have to play the game to decide that. Yusuf though seem to be a likeable character, sort of like Federico was.

ShaneO7K
10-09-2011, 08:59 AM
Machiavelli was very organised, he knew how to get things done and he kept the order stable for a time. BUT I think he lacked the experience of actually being out there in the field like Ezio was, people couldn't really look up to him like they could with Ezio. Ezio was more of an inspiration mainly because of his hands on way of thinking.

At the minute what we have seen of Yusuf has kind of portrayed him to be kind of the perfect mix between Ezio and Federico. He has just as much experiecne as Ezio (if not more), it looks like he has made the Constantinople assassin's a strong and lethal force. At the minute it also looks like he'll teach Ezio a lot in combat and mobility. And be like the brother figure Ezio lost in Federico.

Really they both have helped Ezio alot, Machiavelli was more diplomatic and could build the assassin's from scratch while Yusuf makes the assassin's stronger and deadlier and also a much more intelligent collective.

But in the end Yusuf definetly seems more likeable, but we havn't seen alot of him yet for all we know he could cocky.

catkiller97
10-09-2011, 09:20 AM
I prefer Yusuf over Machiavelli (as per video posted so far)He is like Mario as dewgel stated. He is Experienced in battle field and he is brother like shape to Ezio and I didn't like Machiavelli he is full of pride.
And it goon be awesome to see a master assassin like Ezio.

LightRey
10-09-2011, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
Machiavelli was very organised, he knew how to get things done and he kept the order stable for a time. BUT I think he lacked the experience of actually being out there in the field like Ezio was, people couldn't really look up to him like they could with Ezio. Ezio was more of an inspiration mainly because of his hands on way of thinking.

At the minute what we have seen of Yusuf has kind of portrayed him to be kind of the perfect mix between Ezio and Federico. He has just as much experiecne as Ezio (if not more), it looks like he has made the Constantinople assassin's a strong and lethal force. At the minute it also looks like he'll teach Ezio a lot in combat and mobility. And be like the brother figure Ezio lost in Federico.

Really they both have helped Ezio alot, Machiavelli was more diplomatic and could build the assassin's from scratch while Yusuf makes the assassin's stronger and deadlier and also a much more intelligent collective.

But in the end Yusuf definetly seems more likeable, but we havn't seen alot of him yet for all we know he could cocky.
I doubt Yusuf has as much experience as Ezio. Ezio's quite a bit older than he is.

ace3001
10-09-2011, 09:24 AM
For some reason, I didn't like Machiavelli much. Tazim of course is an unknown identity. So... Neither. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

ShaneO7K
10-09-2011, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

I doubt Yusuf has as much experience as Ezio. Ezio's quite a bit older than he is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah only reason I kept that in was because we don't really know a lot about Yusuf right now but it wouldn't be far wrong to guess that Yusuf is as equally experienced as Ezio.

LightRey
10-09-2011, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

I doubt Yusuf has as much experience as Ezio. Ezio's quite a bit older than he is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah only reason I kept that in was because we don't really know a lot about Yusuf right now but it wouldn't be far wrong to guess that Yusuf is as equally experienced as Ezio. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well he is a master assassin after all, so there shouldn't be too big a gap between them, but I still suspect that Ezio's a tad bit better.

masterfenix2009
10-09-2011, 09:46 AM
I can't judge till ACR comes out.

dewgel
10-09-2011, 09:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Yeah only reason I kept that in was because we don't really know a lot about Yusuf right now but it wouldn't be far wrong to guess that Yusuf is as equally experienced as Ezio. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well he is a master assassin after all, so there shouldn't be too big a gap between them, but I still suspect that Ezio's a tad bit better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ezio is the main character after all.

I think Yusuf will be fairly experienced though, moreso on the level of Mario, but with more gadgets at his disposal

SleezeRocker
10-09-2011, 10:59 AM
Personally, I think I may like Yusuf more.
He seems cool, experienced and funny like
*Spoiler* <span class="ev_code_WHITE">When Yusuf is teaching ezio to zipline and he rides down and shanks a guard and before he signals Ezio to get a turn, he turns by the corner and says "Blegh,Agh!Help Assassin!". You could kind of see Yusuf snickers and then signals Ezio to make the kill.</span>

Machiavelli, yeah was organized but, maybe too serious so I found him boring a bit...hell I liked Nick Copernicus more than Machivelli O_o!

iNt0xiCaT3dSainT
10-09-2011, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by SleezeRocker:
*Spoiler* <span class="ev_code_WHITE">When Yusuf is teaching ezio to zipline and he rides down and shanks a guard and before he signals Ezio to get a turn, he turns by the corner and says "Blegh,Agh!Help Assassin!". You could kind of see Yusuf snickers and then signals Ezio to make the kill.</span>

Machiavelli, yeah was organized but, maybe too serious so I found him boring a bit...hell I liked Nick Copernicus more than Machivelli O_o!

LOL, so do i. I personally never like Machivelli he always seemed to me like a ******bag.

SixKeys
10-09-2011, 11:45 AM
I liked Machiavelli more in AC2 than in ACB. Maybe because in AC2 he was a much more minor character and that made him more mysterious. In ACB he spent most of his time complaining about Ezio's methods. RL Machiavelli was pretty intelligent and ruthless, I was hoping the games would show that better, but they seemed more interested in making Ezio look cooler in comparison.

Anyway, I've seen too little of Yusuf so far to say how I'll like his character. The only thing we've seen so far is him telling Ezio about bombs and the hookblade. Not much to go on.

LightRey
10-09-2011, 01:17 PM

Not sure if I'd like a guy who thinks killing is funny...

Jexx21
10-09-2011, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by SixKeys:
I liked Machiavelli more in AC2 than in ACB. Maybe because in AC2 he was a much more minor character and that made him more mysterious. In ACB he spent most of his time complaining about Ezio's methods. RL Machiavelli was pretty intelligent and ruthless, I was hoping the games would show that better, but they seemed more interested in making Ezio look cooler in comparison.

Wasn't Machiavelli just testing Ezio? That he actually thought Ezio's methods were good but questioned him to test him to see if he was really worthy of the title he was going to give him?

LightRey
10-09-2011, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SixKeys:

Wasn't Machiavelli just testing Ezio? That he actually thought Ezio's methods were good but questioned him to test him to see if he was really worthy of the title he was going to give him? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not exactly. He originally had a somewhat different (pessimistic) view, but Ezio showed him he was wrong.

Toxotes47
10-09-2011, 01:50 PM
Don't know why people are hating Machiavelli. IMO he was portrayed perfectly. Realist,organized, in short the brains behind the brotherhood. He was supposed to be like that serious and all. He was perfectly entitled to test Ezio because the way things were in Roma, they couldn't afford another slip-up like monteriggioni. But where Yusuf might score over him would be the sort of brotherly banter between him and Ezio, and the way they both tackle the templar threat side by side. Machiavelli could never have done that.

LightRey
10-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Taxotes319:
Don't know why people are hating Machiavelli. IMO he was portrayed perfectly. Realist,organized, in short the brains behind the brotherhood. He was supposed to be like that serious and all. He was perfectly entitled to test Ezio because the way things were in Roma, they couldn't afford another slip-up like monteriggioni. But where Yusuf might score over him would be the sort of brotherly banter between him and Ezio, and the way they both tackle the templar threat side by side. Machiavelli could never have done that.
This.

CRUDFACE
10-09-2011, 03:09 PM
Tazim all the way, he actually does stuff alongside Ezio, taught him new moves and is a cool edition to the group. Mach helped like one time when he attacked the main gate with Ezio and the other assassins.

He wasn't that memorable.

Originally posted by Taxotes319:

Because planning wise, he never had any, and he wanted to attack the Borgia head on without even making a strategy or even knowing what they lost in Monteriggioni (did I spell that right?). Mach only ever asked Ezio if he wanted to attack them direct or their supplies, and Ezio just chooses both, lol

I never felt like Mach was special, like he was replaceable.

blazefp
10-09-2011, 04:14 PM
Machiavelli won't be missed by me. He kinda looked unable to fulfill the Grand Master's duty, didn't had the... [I]virtů/I] that a Grand Master needed to have. Tazim seems to be more friendly and more capable.

Btw [quick question off topic] now that Ezio is in Constantinople, who will rule the Assassin's order in Italy? I think it will be Maria but I can't be sure, she doesn't seem to fit in the Grand Master's persona.

ShaneO7K
10-09-2011, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by blazefp:
Machiavelli won't be missed by me. He kinda looked unable to fulfill the Grand Master's duty, didn't had the... [I]virtů/I] that a Grand Master needed to have. Tazim seems to be more friendly and more capable.

Btw [quick question off topic] now that Ezio is in Constantinople, who will rule the Assassin's order in Italy? I think it will be Maria but I can't be sure, she doesn't seem to fit in the Grand Master's persona.

I think Machiavelli could probably keep things together while Ezio is gone. But there is also quite a few Master Assassin's in Italy now so there is more choice.

CRUDFACE
10-09-2011, 04:20 PM

I think Mach's going to be taking over things there since he probably has master status. Maria and Claudia are hanging with the ho's...courtesans all the time, lol, they're sticking with them, and Maria isn't a master and Claudia just became an assassin not to long ago.

Hope that helped.

dxsxhxcx
10-09-2011, 04:37 PM

if I'm not wrong Maria died during ACB...

CRUDFACE
10-09-2011, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:

if I'm not wrong Maria died during ACB... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

She dies later I think, but in the game, no

souNdwAve89
10-09-2011, 05:00 PM
I like Yusuf more since he is more of a traditional assassin. Machiavelli was more of a politician than a field assassin. He is kinda like Shaun, who assists the assassins that do the dirty work. Honestly, it's easy to see Machiavelli as a lesser leader, but he was not appointed as the Grand Master until Mario died.

bakerrossera
10-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Mach was more of a politician and more in the public eye therefore he couldn't do many public assassinations without the risk of revealing himself as a member of the order. I feel like he served more as a spy infiltrating the Italian political world in order to pass information on to the brotherhood

SleezeRocker
10-09-2011, 07:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SleezeRocker:

Not sure if I'd like a guy who thinks killing is funny... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey it's dirty job...got to get through it somehow right? Besides it's not he's killing puppies or children..THEN it's Psycho thing :P
....*snickers*

Serrachio
10-09-2011, 07:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SleezeRocker:

Not sure if I'd like a guy who thinks killing is funny... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey it's dirty job...got to get through it somehow right? Besides it's not he's killing puppies or children..THEN it's Psycho thing :P
....*snickers* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's actually one of the moments that proves just how resourceful he is.

dxsxhxcx
10-09-2011, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:

She dies later I think, but in the game, no </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maria Auditore da Firenze (1432 – 1504), they didn't show her death in the game but she died during ACB time...

http://assassinscreed.wikia.co..._Auditore_da_Firenze (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Maria_Auditore_da_Firenze)

SleezeRocker
10-09-2011, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Serrachio:
....*snickers*

It's actually one of the moments that proves just how resourceful he is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Si!

CRUDFACE
10-09-2011, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:

She dies later I think, but in the game, no </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maria Auditore da Firenze (1432 – 1504), they didn't show her death in the game but she died during ACB time...

http://assassinscreed.wikia.co..._Auditore_da_Firenze (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Maria_Auditore_da_Firenze) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I took allot of the courtesan missions later and I could've sworn it was maria given them to me.

And this was just glossed over in the game? So corny.

@Lightrey: did you hear what Ezio said about Cesare in revelations and how he baits his target sometimes? Lol, he's cool with it.

Jexx21
10-09-2011, 09:09 PM
The Courtesan missions were completed from 1500-1503.

Even if you actually completed them after you killed Cesare, they still happened before then. They aren't gonna remove your chance to do those missions just because you passed a certain point.

And to be honest, I don't see how Maria's death would of been that important. Ezio was in his 40s, he knew it was going to come for his mother soon. She was 72.. Ezio himself doesn't even live that long.

CRUDFACE
10-09-2011, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
The Courtesan missions were completed from 1500-1503.

Even if you actually completed them after you killed Cesare, they still happened before then. They aren't gonna remove your chance to do those missions just because you passed a certain point.

And to be honest, I don't see how Maria's death would of been that important. Ezio was in his 40s, he knew it was going to come for his mother soon. She was 72.. Ezio himself doesn't even live that long.

I know about the first thing you brought up. I'm referring more to how I was just used to her being around is all.

Second, that's the man's mother, of course I'd want to see his reaction and how he goes with that. Maybe a burial of just a thing where they weep a little bit or bring it up. Did she die of a sickness or old age btw?

Let's be fare:

-I didn't need to see Ezio have sex with Caterina
-I picked up a box and walked a ****ty chick to my house just for the game to tell us that Ezio scores all the time
-I caught a horse outside

I didn't need to see those, yet I did, and didn't care about any of them really. Not as much as I wanted to anyways

blazefp
10-10-2011, 06:49 AM
Lol sry guys I meant Claudia xD My bad. I have the answer already so no need to keep talking about it thx http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif