PDA

View Full Version : Game is way too unbalanced.

NinjaRonin85
07-26-2018, 12:13 AM
All the classes I like have slow light attacks and slow heavy attacks, just how am I going to beat 400ms lights if they beat everything I try to do? I mean I try to faint a heavy boom hit with a light before I can even block it, let the heavy go get parry then hit with a light, most players I fight know just how crap the classes I play are and will just sit in my face and wait for me to throw out an attack and punish it, I'm sorry ubisoft but this game favours fast attacks and turtling way too much, nerf all the assassin classes damage to pk level or buff other classes health pool.

Alustar.
07-26-2018, 01:03 AM
Lmao, I don't see that happening at all. Either of those things.And honestly, the only hero I can think of that show is Shugoki. Granted he's slow CB but in the hands of competent players, he can be a powerhouse. Maybe it's that you need more practice, rather than heroes need tuning.

NinjaRonin85
07-26-2018, 01:27 AM
Lmao, if heroes didn't need tuning why all the reworks? Lots of heroes in this game are way stronger than others, what do they all have in common, fast lights, soft faints, I'm rep 133 I know how to play but even a idiot can see some heroes are way more powerful than others. Why are all the pk mains crying now, because they took a massive damage nerf and have to work for a kill. Some classes just have way too many advantages over others and for what, slightly less health and reflex guard. This game is trash now and getting worse every year.

paulwall_816
07-26-2018, 02:10 AM
I do agree with you some hero do have more advantages of others. It seems that the increased the offensive of most hero then decreased the defensive moves for the other heros.

Mirage6201
07-26-2018, 02:58 AM
Alustar always starts with a put down followed by his divine wisdom. Donít let him troll you.

A competent player playing shugo is not equal to a competent player playing with mid to top tier characters. Alustar always acts like the other player is just better than you which may or may not be true.

Unfortunately programming fixes dont happen over night. Good luck.

Protos_88
07-26-2018, 06:14 AM
i say it again. try to play warden on console... you will see **** balance create devs... he is to slow and to much punish he gets...but he and valk are last to balance... I think s7 will be worst of s for honor..

Siegfried-Z
07-26-2018, 08:31 AM
i say it again. try to play warden on console... you will see **** balance create devs... he is to slow and to much punish he gets...but he and valk are last to balance... I think s7 will be worst of s for honor..

Well while i agree some are still stronger sorry but warden is pretty fine on console.
I am rep 102 on PS4 and Warden rep 11 and he is still good. Not top tiers yes but good And he is very lucky to be rework before Warlord for me.

Protos_88
07-26-2018, 11:59 AM
I have max lvl warden and I see many stupit things vs good players.special when enemy wait for my move or when I try to hit 1 and in think warlord have much more to say then warden.

Alustar.
07-26-2018, 02:34 PM
Alustar always starts with a put down followed by his divine wisdom. Donít let him troll you.

A competent player playing shugo is not equal to a competent player playing with mid to top tier characters. Alustar always acts like the other player is just better than you which may or may not be true.

Unfortunately programming fixes dont happen over night. Good luck.

If you think anything in my post was a put down, then you my friend are both delusional and have the most sensitive feelings I've seen.

I love seeing responses like this because it's very clear where the intent is. I've seen this so many times before, a user posts one thing, then another comes in and instead of directing his attention on the topics, it diverges into flame bait and trolling accusations. Which, point of order: you can't hurt my feelings or invalidate my claims just by calling me a troll. I've maintained that since I started posting here. That's not only old news but it's irrelevant. My being a troll does not make my opinions any less valid, it simply means you aren't going to be able to engage in smear tactics, because I'll beat you every time.

To get back on topic, I never once said Shugoki isn't under performing. He is well deserving of a rework, and will be getting one. The point is, however, that competent players can perform just fine with any hero they are good with. And using a hypothetical "A competent player playing shugo is not equal to a competent player playing with mid to top tier characters." Is bunk, because one, no two players are ever truly equal. And two, you essentially boil down a players skill to their hero choice, and that's just plain wrong. No match in this game is going to be won based primarily off of hero selection. Personal skill will always trump hero selection. Don't believe me? Go find the highest ranked player on your platform and show us you beating him using one of the "OP" or "S+" tier heroes. I promise it's not going to go your way.

And just so it's clear, I've been playing over a year now and I -still- need to practice. Failure to acknowledge one's own lack of skill will always lead to arguments like these.

NinjaRonin85
07-26-2018, 05:58 PM
Think I know why I'm doing so bad, I'm using an old ps4 controller with Bluetooth, my tv is old now it's in gaming mode but I'm thinking a new monitor with 9ms input lag will help, plus I'm gonna stop using WiFi, I'm a good player 1v1 or 2v2 everything is fine, but playing dominion everything goes to hell because of players having 80 to 100ms lag.

Alustar.
07-26-2018, 06:15 PM
Think I know why I'm doing so bad, I'm using an old ps4 controller with Bluetooth, my tv is old now it's in gaming mode but I'm thinking a new monitor with 9ms input lag will help, plus I'm gonna stop using WiFi, I'm a good player 1v1 or 2v2 everything is fine, but playing dominion everything goes to hell because of players having 80 to 100ms lag.

Wi-Fi is horrible for competitive games. As is a controller, honestly. If you are on PS4, there isn't much you can do, but if you are on PC, I suggest looking into using a wired mouse/keyboard. No controller will ever compete with the level of responsiveness you get from using a mouse.

Tyrjo
07-26-2018, 06:19 PM
Wi-Fi is horrible for competitive games. As is a controller, honestly. If you are on PS4, there isn't much you can do, but if you are on PC, I suggest looking into using a wired mouse/keyboard. No controller will ever compete with the level of responsiveness you get from using a mouse.

As long as the controller is wired it should be fine on PC in terms of input lag.

NinjaRonin85
07-26-2018, 08:04 PM
I'm on ps4, I'd like to play on pc but my pc sucks lol

DefiledDragon
07-26-2018, 08:26 PM

Dude, if you're using wifi you may as well ask the devs to put a seppuku move in the game and use it at the start of every fight. Wifi is a massive handicap in a reflex based online game. Do yourself a favour and buy a cable to connect your platform of choice to your router. You will not regret it.

sad.platypus
07-26-2018, 09:57 PM
Lmao, I don't see that happening at all. Either of those things.And honestly, the only hero I can think of that show is Shugoki. Granted he's slow CB but in the hands of competent players, he can be a powerhouse. Maybe it's that you need more practice, rather than heroes need tuning.

Sure, game is perfect right now, thats why 90% of 4v4 is carried by either warden, peacekeeper or LB...

Devils-_-legacy
07-26-2018, 10:03 PM
Sure, game is perfect right now, thats why 90% of 4v4 is carried by either warden, peacekeeper or LB...

Warden?

Darkmight_cz
07-26-2018, 10:34 PM
Warden?

He means SB spam + knight feats I guess

Awlkara
07-26-2018, 11:02 PM

Peacekeeper?

Alustar.
07-27-2018, 01:45 AM
He's trolling, it's gotta be the only explanation for that kind of stupidity.

Jazz117Volkov
07-27-2018, 02:16 AM
I don't know about all this trolling noise, but there is definitely truth in the idea that some characters are stronger than others. The thing is, it's not a linear scale where the strongest hero sits at the top, I mean, that is there a little bit, Shugoki is generally pretty bad and Berserker is generally pretty good, but the more relevant power disparity is between specific match-ups. Some heroes naturally counter others. Or at least, some heroes have specific tools that counter what other heroes like to do. Example, Kensei has some amazing tools to counter Gladiator. Conquer has excellent tools to counter Lawbringer. Aramusha > assassins, Warden > heavy classes, etc. I'm generalizing a bit, but this is at the core of the "hero strength" argument.

It is however also true that certain heroes have god-tier punishes and certain mix-ups that will typically give them a huge advantage in most situations. Berserker can feint an uninterruptible unblockable into an uninterruptible 400ms light, and repeat indefinitely. Centurion has the potential to kill almost the entire cast in a single mix-up. Shaman's speed and ability to heal after a bite can easily turn a fight around. There's a bunch of feats, like rocksteady on Aramusha or unblockable on Kensei that either make a hero very frustrating to deal with or guarantee them damage. Shinobi can heal on hit...and I imagine this line-up of irritants will only get worse with Marching Fire: a teleporting monk and Jackie Chan with infinite i-frames.

NinjaRonin85
07-27-2018, 11:35 AM
Yeah it's a fighting game that is getting less about fighting every season, orochi and shinobi have a level 1 feat that drains all stamina and stuns, it's an I win button removes all skill and fun from a fight and it's so easy to land, you can roll away from knights flux bomb, raider and cent can take your stamina if they work for it so why can orochi just take it all with the press of a button then spam light attacks for days even if you get a lucky block he keeps the chain going, it's so broken.

Then we have aoe feats that kill instantly and lawbro bombspam is insane, I don't get why make a fighting game that takes skill and add I win buttons? I want to fight with skill not press a button and1 shot the whole team, ubisoft just move orochi level 1 feat to level 2 swapping places with throwing star, then nerf all level 4 feats in damage by 50% for now just to make the game play better.

Vakris_One
07-27-2018, 02:13 PM
There is a player end solution to ridiculous feats swinging a whole match, well somewhat at least. It's called Tribute mode. Unfortunately the majority of the playerbase don't like modes where the objectives are more important than mindless ganking with super powered one shot kills.

Protos_88
07-27-2018, 02:29 PM
balance is a f joke... on console nothing work fine...

Vakris_One
07-27-2018, 02:47 PM
balance is a f joke... on console nothing work fine...
If that were the case then how do you explain Clutchmeister recently winning the console tournament? He came from PC and in addition he had to re-train himself on controller because he uses mouse and keyboard.

Blitzwarrior771
07-27-2018, 04:14 PM
He use cheat controller 🤔

Blitzwarrior771
07-27-2018, 04:17 PM
Too many cheaters **** blocking stance . I join and quit every singe game so I can ruin their expirience 👍

Blitzwarrior771
07-27-2018, 04:49 PM
Either pc or consoles ubi you canít please everybody .

We.the.North
07-27-2018, 05:00 PM
Feat balance will happen when Ubisoft sees a Unicorn.

And yes, there are many, many pixel bot cheaters in this game. They auto-block and auto- counter guard break. Since the game rewards heavily turtle gameplay, even after the parry changes, the game has become very boring. I never play duels, my jaw can't take more yawning.

For a while, I've been saying any ranked mode needs to be made "realistic" (without any attack / guard break indicators). Otherwise, those pixel bot cheaters keep screwing up the game for the rest of us.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

HOW TO TELL IF YOU'RE FACING A PIXEL BOT CHEATER : IN DOMINION

#1 : Pick Shinobi with the stealth feat.

#2 : Circle around their team and throw a ranged guardbreak in their back, get counter guard broken.

#3 : Call out the enemy on pixel bot cheating and receive the same answer they all use :
"I can hear you throw the ranged GB".

#4 : Circle around their team and throw a ranged guard break, but against a target next to the cheater

#5 : Notice the cheater "hears you", but he is NOT whiffing a guard break in the air ...

#6 : Over the whole course of the game, notice this behavior is consistent over multiple ranged GB used against him and not against him.

Conclusion : He's using a pixel bot cheat. When he's the target of the guard break, a red shield appears on his screen and the pixel bot inputs the counter guard break ; when he's not the target of the guard break, no red shield appears on his screen and his character does nothing.

At high elo, I see this way, way too often. Unfortunately, even with a video, it's not definitive "proof" that player is cheating and Ubisoft does nothing about it.