PDA

View Full Version : Attachments lost after latest update.

w1llei4m
07-24-2018, 03:22 PM
Am I the only who has lost some attachments this latest update. I noticed on that it's mostly magazines that have gone missing.

Ghost-Ami
07-24-2018, 03:32 PM
Not sure about this one, I unlocked attachments in the store because I was tired of having to get four different versions of the same laser or whatever for SMGs, assault rifles, LMGs, and snipers in repeated playthroughs.

But, yes, I do remember a time before I got that pack where no lasers or range finders but several foregrips were unlocked by default. You missing like AFGs and such?

Oh, ah! Also I am suddenly now missing some compensators that were unlocked by default for me before!

((((

TheSgtUltra
07-24-2018, 03:39 PM
i'm missing my 30 round mag for my AK:(

Mastr.Assassin
07-24-2018, 05:14 PM
My Tar21 and MsR's extended magazines are now locked although I had them unlocked :nonchalance:

shobhit7777777
07-24-2018, 05:38 PM
I started Ghost Mode - lost all attachments that I acquired with year 2 pass.

GiveMeTactical
07-24-2018, 06:28 PM
Sacre Blue... :confused:

In their defense though... that almost never happens! :nonchalance:

BERTANDERNY
07-24-2018, 07:17 PM
my extended mag for the mdr is gone. it says to explore libertad, but its not in libertad. i assume because ive colloected it before. but its now locked in my gunsmith.

Sgt-Halibut
07-24-2018, 08:50 PM
Am I the only who has lost some attachments this latest update. I noticed on that it's mostly magazines that have gone missing.

Yep, a ****load of them. Unpayable for me now. Wish we could uninstall and choose updates.

ante.heed
07-25-2018, 01:29 PM
I had unlocked 100% of all weapons and attachments and lost nearly every one of those i gotten "dependent" of... And half of the time when i start the game my save is gone so i must restart a cuple of times to even be able to play.

This needs to be fixed ASAP and we deserve compensation for this as it has a major impact for many of us.

Ghost-Ami
07-25-2018, 02:46 PM
I had unlocked 100% of all weapons and attachments and lost nearly every one of those i gotten "dependent" of... And half of the time when i start the game my save is gone so i must restart a cuple of times to even be able to play.

This needs to be fixed ASAP and we deserve compensation for this as it has a major impact for many of us.

Yeah, a lot of "good" magazines were previously available by default---30 round P mags, 30 round 9x19, et cetera---and now they're just gone.

I'm considering using some credits from prestige crate duplicates I just got to just buy the mag accessory pack in the store to go along with the attachments pack I mentioned above.

My sense of immersion as a Ghost demands that I be able to start the game with my chosen weapons and my chosen mods the moment I set foot in country in a new game.

I know buying a pack in the store to get something back that was taken away sounds a bit like "rewarding" Ubisoft for a bug---or, if it was intentional, a really undesirable update feature---but to me it just feels like doing what I gotta do to make sure my playstyle preference is protected and I always, always, always have access to the equipment I prefer and rely on.

As for that savegame issue you mentioned...if you ever boot up your game and see only the option to start new campaign very calmly stop, exit the game, and boot it up again, and your saves should be back.

It's a weird ongoing issue, but your saves aren't actually lost unless you proceed to load into a new game without doing such a restart.

Even recovering your saves with an extra restart isn't perfect, it then proceeds to mark every item you ever earned in game or bought from the store or won in a crate or whatever as "new", so to make that go away (so that you can later see when you actually do get new things) you have to scroll through your entire inventory mousing over 394923593 items.

I'm the sort of player who is like 99% happy with this game and just figures out "coping mechanisms" to deal with the other 1%. XD

DanHagmanScot
07-25-2018, 02:53 PM
Got the same bloody problem, even some of the attachments that came with weapon packs that I had bought are gone, game tells me that they are tae be found in Remanzo and Libertad, but they dinnae show up there either. So I'm forced tae play through the entire campaign once again, though I dinnae know if they'll show up then.

DanHagmanScot
07-25-2018, 02:55 PM
Nope, ye're not the only one..

PenguinOperator
07-25-2018, 02:57 PM
Thankfully, I do not have this issue, but I seem to be in the minority. I installed the update at around 8:00 PM EST last night.

Ghost-Ami
07-25-2018, 03:13 PM
I just wish I knew if these relockings of mods were intended or not.

I seem to remember back in the day that fewer things were unlocked by default (assuming no store packs).

Like the P416 and MP5 you start with used to have only 20 round mags last year, then at some point they let you start with 30 round mags. And added in a couple of foregrips and compensators. Never any lasers or range finders though.

So maybe all of that was a mistake they are not trying to correct. With the effect that those of us with existing characters who already investigated the provinces those mods were in are now permanently locked out of them.

Ghost-Ami
07-25-2018, 03:16 PM
So maybe all of that was a mistake they are now trying to correct.

Fixed.

(Actually are posts editable here? I didn't start using this forum system until like a couple of weeks ago. Would be handy and neater to know how to edit if possible.)

Bleuitup
07-25-2018, 03:46 PM
Goodbye my M4A1 LargeMag!

ingrobny
07-25-2018, 03:53 PM
Fixed.

(Actually are posts editable here? I didn't start using this forum system until like a couple of weeks ago. Would be handy and neater to know how to edit if possible.)

Yes they are, click the + and you can edit your posts :)

Ghost-Ami
07-25-2018, 03:55 PM
Yes they are, click the + and you can edit your posts :)

Oh, fab! Thanks! ))))

BorgX666
07-25-2018, 06:22 PM
i just checked mine, all weapons and attachments are still available and unlocked but i bought everything from the store ages ago

ante.heed
07-25-2018, 09:52 PM
It's kind of extra ****ty that two attachments for the Spas-12 is "missing" just as they launch a mission that needs shotguns...

Ghost-Ami
07-25-2018, 10:06 PM
Relocked weapon mods comprehensive list... (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1912539-Relocked-weapon-mods-comprehensive-list)

I encourage you to add to it if you're missing anything not listed there.

Ghost-Ami
07-25-2018, 10:07 PM
Relocked weapon mods comprehensive list... (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1912539-Relocked-weapon-mods-comprehensive-list)

I encourage you to add to it if you're missing anything not listed there.

DanHagmanScot
07-26-2018, 09:25 AM
I went and looked for the 50 round STANAG magazine in its location in Libertad using my oldest character with which I have played the campaign through and have 115% discovery/missions, the case is there but it is not accessible. So ye need tae start a new character tae actually get it. Tried it with a newly created character and got it, but that cannae be it, aye?

ubi--unicorn
07-26-2018, 10:04 PM
Hi guys, this issue has been reported and is currently being investigated. Thank you for your understanding in the meantime.