PDA

View Full Version : can't buy Collector edition

anno607
07-24-2018, 12:37 PM
end of last year i pre-odded a anno at my local game store. Now i local game store is saying that the can't get a collectors edition that i pre-orded. The say that ubisoft decided that only by bol.com and ubisoft store i can buy a collectors edition. WHY!!!!! i decide on my own where i want to buy my anno edition and not ubisoft.

Where is that coming from and why do you do this. I am very disappointed. I live in the Nederlands. How does my local game store get a collector edition for my game developers!

BB_Volty
07-24-2018, 04:20 PM
Please be careful with early pre-orders at third party retailers before the company has not even revealed a release date or officially announced editions or started pre-order.

1. We haven't announced any editions yet
2. There is no official release date as of yet
3. Pre-order for Anno 1800 hasn't officially started
4. Neither Ubisoft nor Ubisoft Blue Byte are responsible for any deals or special offerings from third party retailers
5. If you want to be on the safe side regarding pre-ordering games, check the official information usually handed out as a press release or on the storepage of the publisher.

In our case, you can be certain that all announcements regarding game editions as well as pre-order go out with a big press release.

anno607
07-25-2018, 01:05 PM
Than your company has already give some information to retailers. My local store know for sure the can't give me a collectors edition.

1. not public no, but i think to retailers already.
2. indeed i did say there was.
3. i know but i am always early.
4. i didn't had it about any deals. I only say that i am customer and i decide where i want to buy my anno game and i want it at the local store, gameshopplayit.nl in Emmen Drenthe nederland.
5. I can get a pre-order at my local store even before you, ubisoft has announced the game. And i say it again you can't order me to buy at you store especially with a game in a box!

So if you can garante me on paper that my local store can order a anno "collector edition" than i am happy and will wait until your release date!

iruet
08-06-2018, 01:05 PM
So if you can garante me on paper that my local store can order a anno "collector edition" than i am happy and will wait until your release date!

You will have to wait for the release date anyway. I bet the store can buy the collectors edition for you, but you also need to be aware that stores can't offer anything you want on your demand. So maybe they can get it, but do not want to sell it because of the margins on the game or maybe they are not connected to the correct supplier... So it might be possible that their supplier can't/won't order games/special editions of games from Ubisoft...

There might be loads of reasons, I suggest you go to your local store and ask for the reason why they can't sell you a collectors edition

I would say wait untill BB_Volty and Marcel release more information about this... I am sure they are working on it, but they also want to publish a stable game which you can play with the least bugs as possible.

There is no need for asking for the date atm, because they already said they will announce that if they think they are ready to do so :)

And the last thing... It's not even known if there will be a collectors edition anyway... There probably will be, but there might also not be one