PDA

View Full Version : My Review (20+ hours of beta gameplay)

J-Billions
07-23-2018, 04:57 PM
I had a feeling I would like this game, but I didn't realize how much. I put 20 hours in this weekend on the beta and had a blast every time! The game is pretty polished from what I can tell, but there are some things that I did get hung up on and also hope I see in the future. Since you can already tell that I am a huge fan of this game and will be picking it up as soon as it comes out, I will now provide some constructive feedback.

-I would love to see 3 vs 3. 2 vs 2 works, but 3 v 3 would be a sweet spot I believe.

-More game modes, in particular, a capture the flag mode would be great in this game.

-A vote kick option. Everyone was cool during the beta, but we all know that we are going to run across folks that a group will probably want to oust.

-I'm not sure if my Vive controllers are going bad, or if this is a bug in the game (I haven't tested my controllers on anything else between playing the beta and this review). I ran into problems strafing an click turning sometimes when firing weapons with the Vive controllers. If I was coming straight at an enemy while strafing left and right while shooting, my character would stop completely in their tracks when strafing right and shooting. It worked 75% of the time. The strafe up and down on the Vive controller didn't seem polished either.

-Chaperone Boundaries don't work for Vive. (known issue)

-Besides the cool tutorial section you have, there should be an isolated practice chamber for when you don't want to socialize, but would like to just fool around. Kind of like a shooting range.

-Last, but not least. I know this is a Beta and the final release should have more content, but I just want to throw it out there anyway. More maps, gadgets and guns would be cool, and more loot like perhaps gun skins, character skins.

This is all I can think of. Like I said, I felt the game was really polished, and your developers were awesome! That was one of my best Beta experiences ever thanks to the developers being in game with you and explaining a lot of stuff! I kind of took over their roll after 10 hours and started training all of the noobs myself when they came in, and it was a blast. The Vive controller issues were probably my biggest negative, and it might boil down to my hardware if no one else is reporting these issues. It doesn't matter though, if the game came out tomorrow, I am picking it up. It's one of the best VR games I have played to date, and I have over 100+ VR games, including some of the best shooters out on VR today, and this one will Trump them all when it comes out. Thanks Ubisoft, and thanks for your focus on the VR world!