PDA

View Full Version : Samurai and it's exploits

TheWilliamBlack
07-23-2018, 01:47 PM
First things first, let me just say that For Honor has been an amazing experience for me and my friends. The Heroes are detailed and their movesets are well done. So thank you Ubisoft for not abandoning this games and still making it a better experience.

Now then, I'll get to the point.

Recently, I've been playing a tournament, it was fun until I encountered my first samurai (in that tournament). Fighting him finally got me to understand why there are so many rants about this game. The fact that the samurai can do a heavy attack and change the attacking direction mid-attack frustrated the hell out of me. But that's not the only thing that the samurai can abuse, it can also dodge in any direction and land a heavy attack so fast, you would need robotic level nerves to dodge it or block it (not even going to mention parrying). I can't attack him, I can't dodge his attacks, I can't block him. I can't do anything without him doing a heavy attack on me.

So yeah, that's about it.

And no, nerfing him wouldn't do anything since if those attacks exist, they can still be abused.

The End.

Vakris_One
07-23-2018, 01:58 PM
You need to practice against him in the training arena and play as him as well to understand what he can do and when.

The End.

Blitzwarrior771
07-23-2018, 02:21 PM
Everything you say every other hero can do or even worst so is it fair that is samurai ? Highlander ? Or centurion ? Some centurions are fine but some of them I donít know if is connection problems or gear or skill level they stomp people hard you canít even react .

TheWilliamBlack
07-23-2018, 04:59 PM
Just played the game for two more hours and all I can say is, you're right.

Highlanders are mostly spammers.

Centurions are mostly spammers.

Nubushi's are mostly spammers.

Lawbringers are mostly spammers.

Orochi's are untouchable and unattackable.

Quick Note : Poison damage combined with non-stop combo spamming (that's for nobushi) is the most frustrating thing i have seen.

ArmoredChocobo
07-23-2018, 05:38 PM
Just played the game for two more hours and all I can say is, you're right.

Highlanders are mostly spammers.

Centurions are mostly spammers.

Nubushi's are mostly spammers.

Lawbringers are mostly spammers.

Orochi's are untouchable and unattackable.

Quick Note : Poison damage combined with non-stop combo spamming (that's for nobushi) is the most frustrating thing i have seen.

Not being able to handle Nobushiís super-slow combos: Hallmark of a new player

Cyroy95
07-23-2018, 07:33 PM
A good Nobushi will keep you at the end of her spear and it can be annoying to deal with, but all you need is a good parry to get in close and start hurting her. Try and predict the hidden stance and you'll be golden.

jeffero77
07-23-2018, 09:10 PM
Did he just say most Lawbringers are spammers? Talk about new. The LB is one of the most offensively-handicapped heroes on the roster. In the right hands he can be decently aggressive but never a spammer without risking some major abuse in return.

Work on your defense and be patient, spammers make mistakes. While some of those heroes have some ridiculous stamina pools, parries always work once you have the timing down. Good luck!

AkenoKobayashi
07-23-2018, 11:24 PM
The fact that the samurai can do a heavy attack and change the attacking direction mid-attack frustrated the hell out of me.

It's called a feint. It's been a mechanic since release. Some fighters have it as part of their kit, others actually have to hit the feint button.

But that's not the only thing that the samurai can abuse, it can also dodge in any direction and land a heavy attack

That's called Swift Strike. It's a basic part of the Kensei's kit and not abuse in any way. Blame Ubi for making it go from being a light to a heavy. And it's easily parried. You just need to get better at parrying.