PDA

View Full Version : In game chat

Dustyoleman
07-22-2018, 02:58 PM
I'm on ps4 and noticed my chat doesnt work in game but works in all my other games. Is this a bug?

BlowHard74728
07-22-2018, 03:17 PM
I believe you have to turn in game chat on through the for honor settings

Dustyoleman
07-22-2018, 08:10 PM
Yeah its on just not working...

weaponx1718
07-24-2018, 12:12 PM
Same problem. And i never see anyone else with the mic icon

The_B0G_
07-25-2018, 12:01 AM
It's been like this since dedicated servers released, now you can only use voice chat in game if you are in a group with others. It's pretty lame, and made random vs pre made matchups even worse since randoms can't communicate at all anymore.

UbiJurassic
07-25-2018, 02:44 AM
It's been like this since dedicated servers released, now you can only use voice chat in game if you are in a group with others. It's pretty lame, and made random vs pre made matchups even worse since randoms can't communicate at all anymore.

Just as BoG said, the implementation of dedicated servers meant that we had to disable voice chat, as it had not yet been outfitted around the new network structure. To my knowledge, the team will be looking to remedy that in the future, but I don't have an ETA at this time.

weaponx1718
07-26-2018, 02:55 PM
Just as BoG said, the implementation of dedicated servers meant that we had to disable voice chat, as it had not yet been outfitted around the new network structure. To my knowledge, the team will be looking to remedy that in the future, but I don't have an ETA at this time.

Thats horrible. It should explain that to people. Put out in the open. New players must be losing it. Shame all the problems. Such a great game

The_B0G_
07-26-2018, 03:01 PM
Thats horrible. It should explain that to people. Put out in the open. New players must be losing it. Shame all the problems. Such a great game

The game was built around the peer2peer model for multiplayer, changing that to dedicated servers was no simple task, it should be more publicly known than it is though, I agree. I thought it was a problem on my end for a week or two after dedicated servers launched.

It's a shame it hasn't been fixed yet, a few of the people I play ps4 the most with, I met randomly on voice chat in games before dedicated servers, haven't added anyone from a match since.

weaponx1718
07-26-2018, 04:37 PM
Any timetable?