PDA

View Full Version : No replay memory??

DarkAC
07-21-2018, 11:26 AM
Why we cant have replay memory as it was in old assassins creed?

I would like to replay some mission/ side quest ... but we cant ..

MnemonicSyntax
07-21-2018, 02:40 PM
Because previous Assassin's Creeds had synchronization requirements. If they weren't met, you could restart them.

The whole replay memory thing is negated in New Game +

Though, since this is Odyssey you might be able to replay memories in that game. I doubt it though.

kissybyc
07-21-2018, 04:26 PM
A main reason why some people want replayable memory is because we first do a mission sometimes clumsily, and we want to do it again like a proper assassin, with perfect stealth or flawless combat and such, or in the case of Unity and Syndicate, to try a unique kill that we didn't pull off the first time. Or some quests are simply great we want to relive those moments.

In Origins I didn't end up missing replayable memories for a bad reason: missions in that game are so repetitive and usually with so little narrative content that I didn't feel like going through them again. Most missions basically come down to "sneaking into guard post X and kill Y." If I fumbled once I can always pass time until the guard post resets. And there is always the next side quest which functions just the same as the one I played. I hope Odyssey will offer more diversity and more memorable plotlines - that way I may actually want to replay missions and go on NG+.

quanzaizai
07-21-2018, 11:42 PM
A main reason why some people want replayable memory is because we first do a mission sometimes clumsily, and we want to do it again like a proper assassin, with perfect stealth or flawless combat and such, or in the case of Unity and Syndicate, to try a unique kill that we didn't pull off the first time. Or some quests are simply great we want to relive those moments.

In Origins I didn't end up missing replayable memories for a bad reason: missions in that game are so repetitive and usually with so little narrative content that I didn't feel like going through them again. Most missions basically come down to "sneaking into guard post X and kill Y." If I fumbled once I can always pass time until the guard post resets. And there is always the next side quest which functions just the same as the one I played. I hope Odyssey will offer more diversity and more memorable plotlines - that way I may actually want to replay missions and go on NG+.

we might have solution for this in odyssey for camp, because this time when you take a camp you won't destroy it like origin, this time we will get another captain depend on which side your are fighting for spartan or athen

renboy
07-21-2018, 11:46 PM
Odyssey lets you save the game manually (normal saves, not just auto saves like in Origins) - Which means you can simply save your game before a main mission, and then replay it as much as you want.

WendysBrioche
07-22-2018, 05:37 AM
Why we cant have replay memory as it was in old assassins creed?

I would like to replay some mission/ side quest ... but we cant ..

I'd like for it to come back too.

darklion2043
07-22-2018, 08:37 AM
With this new era at AC Universe, we'll probably forget to replay memories. I love to replay memories too.

dbgager
07-23-2018, 03:14 AM
Since Origins was there most successful and highest selling Assasins Creed game I don't think your going to see a return to the old way AC games where organized ..No more memories strings and replaying. Sales talk as they say majority rules. AC games will follow the same format as AC Origins. You cannot blame Ubisoft for that. Highest sales to them indicates favorite and best AC game. Oddysey I imagine will have major sales to. It has the same kind of vibe to it.

WendysBrioche
07-23-2018, 06:06 AM
Since Origins was there most successful and highest selling Assasins Creed game I don't think your going to see a return to the old way AC games where organized ..No more memories strings and replaying. Sales talk as they say majority rules. AC games will follow the same format as AC Origins. You cannot blame Ubisoft for that. Highest sales to them indicates favorite and best AC game. Oddysey I imagine will have major sales to. It has the same kind of vibe to it.

I don't know that Origins' sales were so high as for Ubi to neglect features that made previous games successful. You have to consider games like Black Flag and some of the Ezio games. But I guess time will tell.

I do hope memory replay comes back, I love being able to replay my favorite scenes of the game at the press of a button.

dxsxhxcx
07-23-2018, 01:12 PM

Please, Origin' success has more to with the setting and hype for a change and actual improvement because of the different development cycle than anything else. I imagine how well Origins would've been received if it wasn't set in Egypt andwas just another annual entry of the franchise.

OxIdOAC
07-23-2018, 02:58 PM
Odyssey lets you save the game manually (normal saves, not just auto saves like in Origins) - Which means you can simply save your game before a main mission, and then replay it as much as you want.

If this is true, i kinda like that. Thanks.

cawatrooper9
07-24-2018, 02:25 PM
I know this when this feature was missing in Origins, fans requested it back and the team said they'd look into adding it. We didn't get it, but in the other post launch content we got we did receive NG+, which in some ways functions like this.

Just goes to show the importance of voicing your opinions on platforms like Reddit and these forums, since NG+ was also not originally planned as post launch content and was brought in by fan demand.