PDA

View Full Version : Please let us toggle individual HUD elements this time!

renboy
07-20-2018, 07:15 PM
In Origins you only had 4 HUD presets, each showing different parts of the HUD - but you could never disable a specific part without also disabling a bunch of other parts.
For example, if I didn't want to show the quest markers, then I had to choose a HUD preset that would also hide the items that I loot and such.

Please let us configure individual elements this time around!

AnimusLover
07-20-2018, 11:58 PM
Yes to this x100.
I settled on minimal HUD for Origins but even that comes with its own set of issues.

I would also say even on standard HUD they need to pull back a little bit...
HUD is supposed to tell the player where they are and what they are currently doing, not hound the player every 5 seconds as to what can be done in the world.

WendysBrioche
07-23-2018, 06:00 AM
In Origins you only had 4 HUD presets, each showing different parts of the HUD - but you could never disable a specific part without also disabling a bunch of other parts.
For example, if I didn't want to show the quest markers, then I had to choose a HUD preset that would also hide the items that I loot and such.

Please let us configure individual elements this time around!

Never checked this in Origins, (aiming the bow without HUD is hard and other stuff!) but yes, this is something I definitely care about in AC games!

I used to whine about getting rid of the feature that desaturates and highlights the player character when going into social stealth or stalking zones.

Lucky enough to be able to disable it in many of the games, though usually at the cost of removing all other HUD elements as well, like in Unity.

Definitely behind this!

LaMOi
07-28-2018, 07:08 AM
Oh please yes!

Dunno why they just donít make ALL Ubisoft games with the same standard suite of options and settings.

Like GR:W.... or FC.... you can customise pretty much every element of the HUD...

DaelosTheCat
08-16-2018, 01:29 AM
+1 from me on this. Definitely a good feature to have.

Olympus2018
08-16-2018, 09:15 AM
Another big issue is the map. Unless you zoom in a lot, most icons are hidden, so you cannot see all the points of interests. In other games like GTA, even when the map is zoomed out in order to see all of it in one screen, all points of interests are marked on the map.

topeira1980
08-17-2018, 09:00 PM
Hell yes X100!

HUD components effect both the immersion and the difficulty of the game.

If you want a more realistic experience in terms of gameplay than you'd want to turn off ques that tell you where enemies are and where theyre looking at you from etc. But in ACO you cant turn these off without losing info that really doesnt hurt imersuon or realism like what you loot or how much health you have.

I seriously hope we can turn off individual components like health/adrenaline/marked enemies/enemy detection/compass/loot/notifications etc etc.

HUD tweaking Its a pretty important feature imo. In GRW i only really started enjoying the game once they added a deeper HUD options in an update, and even still they bunched up a few hud elements that really need to be seperated.

LaMOi
08-20-2018, 10:26 AM
100%

+ 1 from me!