PDA

View Full Version : 4 things which could make the game less toxic ! Agree ?

Siegfried-Z
07-20-2018, 11:09 AM
Nowadays we saw many many post complaining about spam, turtles, toxic players etc etc

It is not a surprise as most of the time this game while i still love him is more frustration than pleasure currently.

In order to make it more enjoyable and to put it in a good direction, maybe Esport etc as Ubi would like it, some things should be changed.

So in my opinion here are the 4 things wihch could make a big difference if changed :

1/ Spammy mooves

I believe they should remove or reduce at max annoying mooves which can be spam (orochi lights for exemple ^^) and give to these char others weapons which would be a real mix-up game.

It would reduce the no brain / spam game and increase the mind game/Skills overall.

2/ Feats

I think every one here is bored about catapult, grenade, fire, arrows, Kiai etc

I mean this is stupid you can just land a feat and kill 3 ppl at once... why not for feats that buff you because at least you need to fight to use it.

Feats should be only things which buff yourself or heal or help your team but a not GENKIDAMA ^^

3/ Maps

Wallsplat is a good mechanic, fire somewhere is okay, but holes should be remove or strongly reduce ! No skills at ledging and it makes only people rage.

4/ Revenge

What the hell have been done with it ? now it is almost better to be 1v2 than 2v1 ... It come very fast, stay very long and the shield is crazy.... it is Super Saiyan mode !!

It is normal to loose easely in 1v3, it is realistic so revenge should came back at what she was before and in my own opinion should just be a small buff like "last breath".

I think with less super saiyan revenge, bombs everywhere, ledging all the time and more skills / less spam would make the game better, and gonna increase the skill and the mindset overall.

This is totally subjectiv, wonder what you guys mind ?

Maxime_Qc-
07-20-2018, 11:43 AM
So in order to do that we must recreate all the map with none or less trap and cliff...

Remove all aoe feats

Maybe we could try finally get rid of this ******* revenve mode since nobody know how to balance it!!!!

And make the emote NOT spammable... like you can still cancel it the same way by simply moving or locking on someone etc... but oressing emote button again don't have any effect for like 5 second idk....

Maybe ubi could make a little effort on creating more game mode too....

I mean there's game like smite that can bring a new mode everyday ... and theres slow mo ubi that still have only dominion that people play....

So that way noob could play with noob and in others mode you could get rid of all this....

Juts some idea...

SpaceJim12
07-20-2018, 12:51 PM
Well, and what if i'm ok with feats and ledges?
I can't really see problem here. It's a medieval battle. If someone kick you off castle wall, why should you stay alive? And feats. Correct me if I wrong, but everyone use em. Last weekend I have LB, who spam at chat every single time, that he "hate feats", cause he die from catapult, traps. But when we have teamfight 3v3, he just came there and start to thrown bombs at us. And than he was really happy, that he could kill us. So, feats bad, when someone use it against you, and good, when you use it against someone? I don't think so. I like to catapult stupid deathball, who spam UB in 4v1, and even don't care about pissed off Warden behind their backs.

Haplo_Bane
07-20-2018, 01:31 PM
Wow. A gankers version of how to make the game less toxic. Actually complaining that it's harder to kill someone 3v1 now. Why are you friggin 3v1ing someone anyway? So you want them to reduce revenge so you can gank people easier ? How much 'fun' do you think the people getting ganked are having ? Same with the catapult. Here's how you can instantly make the game less 'toxic' for everyone else besides you Siegfried : Stop ganking.

Siegfried-Z
07-20-2018, 02:36 PM
Okay first, it was only ideas and it is a discussion .. why so agressiv Space and hablo ?

In answer, Space try To read properly before talking, i've never said feats are good only when in your hands. . I Said there toi strong overall .. that's all.
About ledges, where did you see old medieval fights happen in places with holes everywhere ?😅
Most of time it was flat and empty landcast.

Hablo, gank is normal in 4v4. . If you dont like it go to duel and that's it. I like gank and To be ganked i don't care.. I just like team fights. .but revenge is far too efficient now. . That's all i said again.

Btw you both state of minds show why the game is in pain to evolve. . If people like to ledges, spam, being passiv or getting double HP with revenge. . Well that kill me but everyone his opinion.

SpaceJim12
07-20-2018, 03:04 PM
No agressive at all. Just try to explain why I'm disagree with your terms.
Well, spam moves are problem, that could be solved very easy. Remove all attacks less than 500ms. Than even lights should be reactable.

About feats. I agreed, that they stupid in most part. Way you gain feats stupid, way people use it. But here around forums were enough threads about "How to fix feats", so now it's all on devs. But what I tried to say, that I don't understand why people so mad about feats. We all have em. Most aoe feat are stupid, but use em same way as opponent and you will be fine.

Ledges. Well. Castle wall, canyon, beach, bridge etc etc. Some ledges maybe should be removed (hello zone C on Overwatch map), but in general ledges made 4v4 more realistic and chaotic. Still, ledges in duels must be removed, but there not so many of them left.

Revenge. The problem with revenge now is that you could easily gain it in 1v1 fights in dominion matches. Cause in general in 4v1 (proper 4v1) revenge still not a problem. Outnumbered is fine in 4v4, same as ladges.

Siegfried-Z
07-20-2018, 03:25 PM
Yep there i understand Space.. like you said all is in devs hands now.. ^^

DefiledDragon
07-20-2018, 04:10 PM
1/ Spammy mooves

I believe they should remove or reduce at max annoying mooves which can be spam (orochi lights for exemple ^^) and give to these char others weapons which would be a real mix-up game.

It would reduce the no brain / spam game and increase the mind game/Skills overall.

Light spam can be annoying, but it's not game breaking. If it were, the spammy heroes would be dominating and they're not.

2/ Feats

I think every one here is bored about catapult, grenade, fire, arrows, Kiai etc

I mean this is stupid you can just land a feat and kill 3 ppl at once... why not for feats that buff you because at least you need to fight to use it.

Feats should be only things which buff yourself or heal or help your team but a not GENKIDAMA ^^

They're fine in casual play, don't have an issue with them. Bit lame to be killed by a ballista when you're in a duel with somebody though.

3/ Maps

Wallsplat is a good mechanic, fire somewhere is okay, but holes should be remove or strongly reduce ! No skills at ledging and it makes only people rage.

Combat is as much about paying attention to your environment as it is your opponent. Don't get tunnel vision, have better situational awareness and don't stand near ledges.

4/ Revenge

What the hell have been done with it ? now it is almost better to be 1v2 than 2v1 ... It come very fast, stay very long and the shield is crazy.... it is Super Saiyan mode !!

It is normal to loose easely in 1v3, it is realistic so revenge should came back at what she was before and in my own opinion should just be a small buff like "last breath".

You make it sound like revenge is an instant win button but it just isn't. It's there to give an outnumbered player a fighting chance and it's just fine as it is.

Just my thoughts.

Hormly
07-20-2018, 04:22 PM
I think what would be best for the games health is for everyone to come to PC.

Seriously, no more light spam whining

Siegfried-Z
07-20-2018, 04:33 PM
Light spam can be annoying, but it's not game breaking. If it were, the spammy heroes would be dominating and they're not.

They're fine in casual play, don't have an issue with them. Bit lame to be killed by a ballista when you're in a duel with somebody though.

Combat is as much about paying attention to your environment as it is your opponent. Don't get tunnel vision, have better situational awareness and don't stand near ledges.

You make it sound like revenge is an instant win button but it just isn't. It's there to give an outnumbered player a fighting chance and it's just fine as it is.

Just my thoughts.

Yes all you say is right, everything i talk about you can handle.

But this is the most annoying things and rage making things in my opinion.

My purpose is that by changing these points, the game should feel more healthy and enjoyable To play and less frustrating :)

BTTrinity
07-20-2018, 04:53 PM
They're fine in casual play, don't have an issue with them. Bit lame to be killed by a ballista when you're in a duel with somebody though..

I think its a bit worse, when Im fighting 3 people, pop revenge and get killed by a 197 damage catapult while I have damn near full health and shields.... Feats and stampede charge are by far the most irritating aspects of the game imo.

The game would be unarguably more healthy with those things being obliterated.

Helnekromancer
07-20-2018, 05:13 PM
They need to do a patch strictly on balancing feats before the Chinese Hero are released.

Tier 4 Feats are way too easy to get, and (Catapult, SpearStorm) instant kills players. You could lower the damage, buff the friendly fire damage, increase the delay of the meteor, decrease the radius off the ability and give it a longer cooldown. Same goes for Kiai.
Remove 1-2 of those bombs out of Lawbringers kit, it doesn't make sense for Lawbringer to carry 3 bombs into a fight.

Kensei's Unblockable Feat needs to be reworked, allow it to make Kensei have stacks of Unblockable swings, not sure how long it lasts but if Kensei pops it, his next 2-3 swings become unblockable, once those stacks are gone, they fill up once Kensei is out of combat so Kensei can't just pop it and start swinging aimlessly.

Lower the damage of all projectile feats and Sharpen Blade.
They could also buff Second Wind, Stalwart Banner, Regenerate, Morale Booster, Inspire, and Body Count, to give players more of an incentive to be team players and more options other than picking all the damage feats and never changing them.

I don't have a problem with fighting against buffed up players or them healing, but what I find the most irritating is being killed by projectiles and nukes while I'm fighting someone, Those nukes shouldn't instantly kill a player in Revenge, at most it should get rid of 75% of his Revenge Health Bar.

Honestly, I would love to have most of the Tier 4 Damage Feats removed, but I doubt that will happen.
If Feats are balanced I wouldn't have a problem with playing For Honor for more than 2 hours without being stressed out.

*Edit* : -There is no way to avoid these Tier 4 feats unless you aren't fighting someone. If your team is at the Breaking Phase and you guys want to group up you are actually kill yourselves because it gives the Knight with Catapult or the Viking with SpearStorm the perfect shot to kill you all without any resistance.

-With Stalwart Banner, Inspire, and Morale Booster having a smaller radius than Catapult, and Spearstorm if forces one team to huddle together, these support Feats should have a radius equal if not greater to the Tier 4 nukes so everyone isn't so cramped together, hitting each other and accidentally giving the enemy Revenge and so they can spread out making it hard for the guy with the Catapult to get a multi kill with the nuke..

DefiledDragon
07-20-2018, 06:22 PM
I think its a bit worse, when Im fighting 3 people, pop revenge and get killed by a 197 damage catapult while I have damn near full health and shields.... Feats and stampede charge are by far the most irritating aspects of the game imo.

The game would be unarguably more healthy with those things being obliterated.

Yeah, I suppose on a general level it would, but it depends on your viewpoint. Personally, when I play dominion (which isn't that often tbh, I prefer duels/brawls) I make a habit of patrolling ballista's for enemy heroes so I can start the fight with a free top heavy while they're distracted.

BTTrinity
07-20-2018, 07:12 PM
Yeah, I suppose on a general level it would, but it depends on your viewpoint. Personally, when I play dominion (which isn't that often tbh, I prefer duels/brawls) I make a habit of patrolling ballista's for enemy heroes so I can start the fight with a free top heavy while they're distracted.

Very fortunately theres only 1 map where ballistas are a problem (I also hate them ill be honest) but theres 10+ maps where being 1 shotted by catapult is a problem.

DefiledDragon
07-20-2018, 07:27 PM
Very fortunately theres only 1 map where ballistas are a problem (I also hate them ill be honest) but theres 10+ maps where being 1 shotted by catapult is a problem.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of them I'll admit. The game should be about the fighting. I'm not even that big a fan of feats either, but I wouldn't say they were a "problem". I just enjoy the actual combat rather than the gimmicks, but that's just my personal feeling.

Siegfried-Z
07-20-2018, 08:14 PM
Fully agree.

A feat should not be able To ruin a team fight by instant kill a whole team...
It would be better if feats would be a support for your team as health or shields.

The same with holes. . Yes like some said it is part of the fight to pay attention arround you etc but what the point of being fighting someone and then a raider/warlord/LB catch you from behind and ledge you. .. :/ wallsplat is enough for that in my opinion .

Revenge came too fast. . Now it almost never happen to do a 2v1 without this crazy revenge happen after 6 secs. ..

These needs adjustments 😊