PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic playing world?

Zagurak
11-27-2007, 01:06 PM
Does anyone know of a computer chess game that has the Dynamic playing world like in the Playstation version of Chessmaster? I understand that didn't seem to make it into this new version of Chessmaster.

Zagurak
11-27-2007, 01:06 PM
Does anyone know of a computer chess game that has the Dynamic playing world like in the Playstation version of Chessmaster? I understand that didn't seem to make it into this new version of Chessmaster.

willy_297
11-27-2007, 03:33 PM
i don't see what do u mean
are you speak about
this:
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/articles/0000/00003140_test.htm
or this called chessmaster millenium?

Zagurak
11-28-2007, 06:40 AM
yes I mean where the computer ratings will go up and down depending on their wins/draws/losses. For instance in CM10 I can abuse Kenji due to his overvaluing the knight (rated 1901 on my machine) but Max (rated 1588) just destroys me (I play to fast when I play him). However no matter how many times I beat Kenji or lose to Max they are still rated 1901 and 1588. You would think that after a while Kenji would drop down and Max would go up in ratings.

The Playstation 2 version of Chessmaster had this type of Dynamic Play World. During a tournament the computer player's ratings would go up and down (like yours does) based on how well they did in the tournament.

I just wanted to know if this feature had been placed into any of the PC versions (for any Chess game) yet.

taraboste
11-28-2007, 07:50 AM
The Chessmaster series have not implemented such feature, except the PS2 version.

Zagurak
11-29-2007, 06:00 AM
This is all true Ebutaljib. In the example I gave what you have said is 100% true. What I'm really interested is in seeing how the computer ratings will change. I've seen in tournaments (I'm one of those weird people who like to watch the computer play itself) lower rated personalities beat higher rated personalities (or at least draw them). I'm curious on how the ratings would end up. I have a feeling some of the 1600 rated players would end up much higher and some of the higher rated players would end up lower than their listed ratings.